PDA

View Full Version : Just how good are Telewest phone engineers?

telecom69
17-11-2006, 07:40
My Daughter has now been without a phone (no dial tone) for 10 days, it took 6 days for the engineer to attend then after working on it till 10.30 at night still no dial tone ....
DAY 2 Still no dial tone and no communication from engineer at all to explain why not .....

DAY 3 Still no dial tone,phoned to ask why and told engineer would visit first thing in the morning,she waited in but no engineer called,this was then changed to PM visit,engineer eventually arrived but after yet another day there is still no dial tone

Day 4 still waiting :rolleyes:

I would have thought this might have been a relativelly easy enough fault to clear since her broadband and cable TV are working OK,anyone else suffered similar problems ?? They have now been working on this fault for 4 days with no success ...

brundles
17-11-2006, 14:23
Depends on the engineer to be honest.

We've had one TW engineer who was able to change a single socket into a two-line socket without any problems when he installed the second line.

We've also had an engineer who managed to break our phoneline in the house 3 times while installing the TV service. And before anyone says anything, yes I know they are not related in terms of cabling etc. He still managed it...

Rapid Dr3am
25-11-2006, 12:32
The cable is different, to be honest if the tech goes out and can't get it working it normally means something else is wrong. Like for PET if you require a new E-Side and the cabinet is full, you've got problems.

Also it might have to go to networks to investigate why there is no dial tone, it may be an overloaded circuit. Remember telephones are rather outdated technology.