PDA

View Full Version : second stb location

dranny69
16-11-2006, 09:38
Hi I am interested in getting a second stb and am wanting to put it in the conservatory at the back of the house which is quite a way from the 1st stb at the front of the house. Is there a limit on how far the engineers will lay cables or can they work miracles?

Paul K
16-11-2006, 09:59
The cable can be laid to the conservatory I would think, back at my parents there used to be one STB in the front lounge, one in the upstairs front bedroom and one in the upstairs back bedroom.

Stuart
16-11-2006, 10:29
There *are* practical limits, but unless NTL are going to have to run 100s of metres of cable to get from the street cable to your new STB, I think they'll cope.

dranny69
16-11-2006, 13:40
Thanks for your replies , one other thing on the same subject, the route from the 1st box to the 2nd would go near the fire and then thru a wall, thru my kitchen and onto the conservatory. So is it possible for the wire to be sent outside down my drive to the back of the house to where the conservatory is ? phew !! thanks again

sssshhhh
16-11-2006, 14:09
i would imagine this is the route the engineer will prefer anyway. Thats what they used to tell me, the techs in my area, when I worked for NTL.

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

plus lots of tea or coffee should sweeten him/her up. good luck.

plus he will should run the second cable from the connection box at the front of your house if he uses the outside route, not split from your exsting box drill out, then drill back in to your second box location.

dranny69
16-11-2006, 14:48
i see, thanks for that it seems a nightmare route when i look at it but for an engineer(full of tea n bickies!) its proberbly pretty straight forward thanks again now to try c.s. !!!!!!