PDA

View Full Version : RM14 Phones Down

lakeybloke
15-11-2006, 10:10
Phone lines down in RM14 area - as well as a few others. NTL are aware (apparently) and are working to fix it.

Casbah-Joe
15-11-2006, 11:44
RM12 has been down since about 1 am when we was rudely interrupted by the phone ringing every now and then and a line of continuous crackle - STILL DOWN :(

lakeybloke
15-11-2006, 12:15
Same here - phone line just crackles..

This is a pretty BIG outage - how do we stand with regards to re-imbursement for loss of service?. Can anyone comment?

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Looks like its back up again now guys

Casbah-Joe
15-11-2006, 12:22
Nope - Mines still down :(

lakeybloke
15-11-2006, 12:35
Well, theres a dial tone now, but its as crackly as hell

Casbah-Joe
15-11-2006, 12:55
Mine is still ringing every now and then, then you pick it up and just crackles crackles everywhere. When I tried to call my house phone from my mobile earlier message came up Network Busy - Now it rings on the mobile but house phone doesent ring at all and you cant answer it- LMAO :bigcry:

Horizon
15-11-2006, 13:24
I wonder if this is connected to the outage that knocked out all services, not just phone, on Friday?

Casbah-Joe
16-11-2006, 05:04
Still no phone ! Any ideas if I am entitled to compensation if and when (poor) service is resumed ?

Efour
16-11-2006, 10:18
Hello chaps, Im in RM11

Exactly the same, except my phone rings every 30 mins... so annoying ive ripped them all out.

THis is the worst outage i can ever remember on NTL for our area, Broadband and TV was down for 24h a few days back and havent had a phone coming up on 36 hours!

Im going to be asking for a months free line rental on my entire package or threaten with the old "im moving to sky/BT" line. Well maybe on all services is optomistic but maybe the BB ?

Anyway i just called my home number from my office and got a nice recorded "Sorry there is a fault message" Really hope this is fixed by 6pm tonight... must be major.

Casbah-Joe
16-11-2006, 11:10
It is just so frustrating - Especially when you call the fault section - which i did yesterday on my mobile - to be told by BB bloke that my phone mumber was not recognised !. Least today the recorded message is now saying there is a problem in the RM area and you MAY experience a partial or full loss of service. Please hang up if this answered your question NO ! So I did as I feel i then gained the upperhand LMAO

Paul K
16-11-2006, 11:15
Still no phone ! Any ideas if I am entitled to compensation if and when (poor) service is resumed ?
You can ask for compensation but you will most likely only receive a refund of however many days line rental that your telephone is down.

Casbah-Joe
16-11-2006, 11:49
Well blow me cotton socks off - Phone is up and running again - Fingers crossed it will stay this way. Be calling NTHELL 2morrow to try and get something for total loss of service - Will let you know how I get on but I will be using the 150/151 numbers that they seem to have forgot to remind us all that is now up and running again ;)

Efour
16-11-2006, 11:53
yep same here will post if i get anywhere.

good luck Romfordian/Havering type people :angel:

RAJ
16-11-2006, 15:49
I' have actually been giving some updates on this problem as we 've been working it on this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603560

It was a very large outage, one of the biggest I've had to deal with, a little over 100,000 customers.
It should all now be ok again. All in all I think we did pretty well to recover the network and return service within 36 hours give or take.

I can assure you that we now have some very tired and exhausted net techs and nmc staff.

Anyone who still has a fault should ring csrs as normal as it is now probably unrelated.

TheCannibal
16-11-2006, 19:06
Oh well. I was hoping this was connected to my lack of phone service in Reading. Obviously it's just yet another pathetic excuse for a service from ntl following no tv for 2 weeks, broadband modem not being activated, engineers not turning up. All in only 8 weeks of getting ntl installed. no wonder people are leaving in droves

Casbah-Joe
17-11-2006, 10:46
I have just been called on my mobile by Machala Bennett from NTL in response to an email that I sent to Steve Burch CEO of NTL. I have now been credited £10 for the use of my mobile in attempting to find out my loss of phone service :) She seemed quite interested in the idea of maybe being able to contact the Fault Centre via email if you have no phone service and possibly incorporating phone problems on the "Check Service Status" page. Heres hoping ;) :tu: