PDA

View Full Version : sky question

nho1993
12-11-2006, 10:09
Hi

Im not sure what to answer to the following question:

Is this the first time that you or anyone in your household has taken up an offer to receive free or discounted standard equipment from Sky, e.g. the free dish and box offer?*

Ive lived in my house for 2 years and have never had sky although there is a Sky Mini Dish on my property guessing from previous tenants, do those tenants count and if yes i have to phone sky to order, will i still get hte same offer as online free equipmet, half price for first 3 months etc???

Paul K
12-11-2006, 10:16
Since the account will be in your name at that address and you have never taken up an offer then you can answer yes ;) Previous tenants or owners of property do not count.

nho1993
12-11-2006, 10:23
thought so thanks, and with sky talk while its being transfered to Sky which takes around 14 days can i still use my phone? im sure i can just want to check

Paul K
12-11-2006, 10:33
You'll probably lose the use of it for a while on the day of full transfer but that shouldn't be for long. Bit like transfering the number ;)

nho1993
15-11-2006, 00:14
ok, im now gonna sign up for sky multiroom on standard sky boxes, i have BT phone line, just want to ask will both boxes have to be connected to the phoneline or do only 1 of them need to on standard boxes or does it only apply on sky+

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 22:35 ----------

dont worry, answer found :)

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

just waiting for my BT to change back to option 1 then i can order skytalk+tv :) which should be tomorrow

Central
15-11-2006, 03:30
When I transferred to Sky Talk I had no downtime. I got told what date it would be done and it was done

nho1993
15-11-2006, 18:46
When I transferred to Sky Talk I had no downtime. I got told what date it would be done and it was done

just got off the phone with sky, was a scottsman so very hard to understand but was very nice, offered my 2nd box for multiroom as sly+ as the same price as a standard sky box with free install, they coming on monday, also got told skytalk will contact me, btw be what speed you on and why paris server?

Central
15-11-2006, 20:22
just got off the phone with sky, was a scottsman so very hard to understand but was very nice, offered my 2nd box for multiroom as sly+ as the same price as a standard sky box with free install, they coming on monday, also got told skytalk will contact me, btw be what speed you on and why paris server?

The paris server was faster for me

I am synced at 18.3mb down and 1.3mb upload

nho1993
14-12-2006, 23:10
hmmm, TV service has been good from sky not very satisfied with sky talk, been well over 2 weeks no welcome pack came, called them up the guy sayd he has redone and must wait a further 2 weeks, just have to wait and see