PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] Install nightmare, billing etc

pooper
30-10-2006, 11:49
I'm getting ntl 10mb installed tomorrow, and today i received my confirmation of direct debit. Thats all well and good... except i got TWO letters, each with different account numbers...

So i call the billing desk, got through to an Indian lady that i could barely understand or hear..... who told me that one of the accounts wasn't active, but she'd pass me through to customer services, to check.

So i speak to customer services, get through to what sounded like a 14yr old girl! Who promptly passed me over to the cancellations department, not even giving me a chance to reply!

Then i get through to cancellations, and was then told that "to have more than one account number is normal". To which i replied "yeah maybe so, but i've only signed up for broadband... no other services..."

Then there was silence, and i was put on hold for a further 10 mins, then he said "oh yes there was an error, 2 accounts were created, but i've cancelled one now" ........

GREAT START!

I'm suddenly not looking forward to my installation tomorrow as much as i was before :(

Ohh and I'll make a prediction now, that i wont get my £10 discount for ordering online, and ill have to make another phone call in a few weeks time...!

MovedGoalPosts
30-10-2006, 13:00
Oh dear. I await your next post that they cancelled the wrong account :disturbed:

RS100
30-10-2006, 14:56
That happend to me because it ordered on line and they messed it up and did not turn up then they did a new account and they sorted the problem now i get 10mb BB & telephone for £24.99 :) :)

Oh dear. I await your next post that they cancelled the wrong account :disturbed:

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

I was going to say that if it was me that would happen to me and they would not turn up tomorrow:Yikes: , I would phone and check they are coming tomorrow:erm: ,

superbiatch
30-10-2006, 15:00
I was going to say that if it was me that would happen to me and they would not turn up tomorrow , I would phone and check they are coming tomorrow:erm: ,

They'll probably only lie anyway - they did to me :erm:

pooper
30-10-2006, 22:43
lol well i'll soon find out!

Really have low expectations for tomorrow now :(

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

OK I AM NOW F***ING FUMING.

I just checked my phone, and i had several missed calls, and a txt, from the lady who called me from ntl after i placed the internet order.

Apparantly... YES RS100 & Rob C, you were 100% right!!!!!!!!

So there's a good chance that i wont have it installed tomorrow.

Jesus christ.... i haven't even had the service installed yet and im already extremely p***ed off.

AntiSilence
30-10-2006, 23:12
Have you rang them to make sure?

pooper
30-10-2006, 23:25
Yes, i called her back, and she said that the order she put through for me, had been canceled. What i dont understand is, why the f**k am i getting calls from people, who are completing orders for me AS WELL as the order that i placed online....

Jesus christ i'm so angry right now.

AntiSilence
30-10-2006, 23:37
So what about the account that wasn't cancelled?

RS100
31-10-2006, 00:14
All the same crap happend to me about 4 weeks ago then i had to wait 13 days for another date,:mad:

Now tomorrow you will spend most of the day tomorrow waiting for a white van to turn up,:mad:

Yes, i called her back, and she said that the order she put through for me, had been canceled. What i dont understand is, why the f**k am i getting calls from people, who are completing orders for me AS WELL as the order that i placed online....

Jesus christ i'm so angry right now.

RS100
31-10-2006, 14:33
Any sign of them yet:confused: :confused: :confused:

AntiSilence
31-10-2006, 17:09
Not looking good....

jcw00
31-10-2006, 18:54
I'm guessing that your install never happened today.

Jules
31-10-2006, 20:34
Anyone heard from Pooper yet?

nho1993
31-10-2006, 22:19
did they come??????

AntiSilence
31-10-2006, 22:34
Too much suspense now! lol

Jules
01-11-2006, 10:30
I am guessing someone didn't get installed yesterday :(

RS100
03-11-2006, 18:02
Where has the op gone??????????????????

Jules
04-11-2006, 12:18
Looks like the install did not go well if it went ahead at all as he has not been here since 30/10.....................let us hope it gets sorted and he is back soon.

AndrewJ
04-11-2006, 12:31
Another intiated NTL Customer :rofl:

AntiSilence
04-11-2006, 15:33
Just wait for him to post a rant :D

lostandconfused
06-11-2006, 10:18
maybe it went really well and hasnt had the need to come back here?

ive heard rumours that it has gone well once before lol

LixeL
06-11-2006, 18:30
I must say that our install for the phone and tv about 5 years ago was fine, then setting up the dial up connection about a year later was fine and about 18 months ago the broadband was 95% good (the only thing missing was the engineer with the green conduit, so the other guy just strung the cable round).

During the 6 years I never had any quibbles with NTLs services (think it was C&W at the start), tv always fine, phone never cutoff and broadband never a problem, even the duff modem I was given at the installation was swapped within 24 hours of notifying them.

The only problem I have had is terminating the contract due to moving house to an uncabled street. Its been about four months now and apart from the help on here from a couple of members Ive had nothing but hassle, trying phone calls, letters and emails all to no avail. Its all gone quiet for the last three weeks but im not sure if that is just the calm before the baliffs. Thing is it should have been so straightforward, I wasn't in any 12 month contract period and was happy to pay 30 days notice, its just the different stories every time I phoned up that was so painful.

pooper
08-11-2006, 10:23
Another day passes, and i get 2 letters.... confirming my direct debit details... "ohh they must have accidentally sent 2 letters out" i thought.... until i checked the account numbers and realised they were both unique. *sigh*

OK... so maybe they've somehow accidentally created 2 accounts... i need to nip this in the bud and get one canceled ASAP.

So i call the number on the letter (billing department) and get through to an Indian lady, who i could barely hear or understand. She informs me that this is probably normal and that one of the accounts isn't active... but she'll put me through to customer services to double check... (!?)

So i get through to some young-sounding girl, who promptly tells me that i need to talk to 'disconnections' and forwards my call before i even get a chance to reply...

So then i get through to a really smug-sounding South African guy on the disconnections team. He tells me (in a really patronising way) that yes, that is normal. But when i tell him that i've only signed up for broadband and i give him my 2 account numbers... he tells me that in fact, yes, there is a problem.

So after spending 20 mins on hold, he comes back to me, sounding REALLY happy with himself "it's all OK now sir, i've fixed the problem for you, i've closed one of the accounts". So i thank him and then hurry off to work.

Upon arriving home later that evening, i check my mobile, to see that ive got about 15 missed calls, and a txt from the lady that originally called me to 'setup' my install date. She wanted to know if i still wanted my ntl broadband installed!

So i call her back and tell her that i do still want my broadband installed... "oh" she says "well because the account i created has been cancelled" So i explain the fact that i had 2 accounts created... THEN she tells me that she doesn't know if the engineer will be around to install it anymore (it's due to be installed the next day) because they cancelled HER account that she created, which had the engineer booked.

By this stage, i'm getting pretty ****ed off... i haven't even got it installed yet and i'm already been passed from pillar to post and getting nowhere fast.

She tells me that she won't be able to tell me if the engineer is or isn't coming round, until she gets in the office the next morning....

Soooooooo the next morning arrives... the South African guy calls me... and asks if my broadband is being installed today... i tell him that i'm assuming it is...!?

13:35... still no engineer... so i call the install woman back... who tells me that BOTH accounts have now been cancelled, and there's no chance that my install will be going ahead today.

So now i am absolutley FUMING. She tells me that she will e-mail the guy who cancelled the other account (I'm assuming it's the South African guy), and she'll get back to me....

In the meantime, some random guy calls me and asks if i've had broadband installed yet... "nope" i reply.. He also asks me what i've got booked for the 7th November... "nothing, as far as i'm aware...?' i reply... Then he tells me he might be able to squeeze in an installation in the afternoon, and he'll call me back in 10 mins to let me know... I never heard from him again.

THEN i get a callback from the South African guy.. who basically admits that it's his fault and he cancelled both accounts. I tell him that i'm highly annoyed and i will be wanting some form of compensation for this, seeing as i had to rearrange my shift patterns to get this day off and now i'll be without an internet connection for a week.

He asks me in a nonchalant manner "well is there an internet cafe nearby"......... Wow..... i really wanted to kill someone at this point... but i remained calm.... just about!

He then tells me that he's booked in an install for November 7th PM.... (a week later from my original installation date).

November 7th arrives, install happens........ no real problems. THANK GOD!

(What i'm GUESSING happened... is that; after i completed the internet order, someone (the lady who called me) must have somehow grabbed hold of my order (for commission?) and processed it herself, but at the same time, the internet order was also processed as well. (Something that did strike me as odd... when she originally called me, to confirm/book the install date & time, she told me "oh if you recommend a friend, and they sign up to ntl, you'll get £50 off your next bill.........!)

Anyway, let's just hope that from here on out, everything goes smoothly!

Paul K
08-11-2006, 10:25
Couldn't you have just used your other thread to continue this?
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33602843

pooper
08-11-2006, 10:25
OK i'm FINALLY back lol

Here's my story: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=34153219#post34153219

Oh the joy! lol

Now someone pass the Valium please!

lostandconfused
08-11-2006, 10:57
so the installation was ok when it happened then?

MovedGoalPosts
08-11-2006, 12:25
Threads merged ;)

Jules
08-11-2006, 12:27
Good to see you back and all is well :)

MovedGoalPosts
08-11-2006, 12:28
Glad to see that the install has finally happened, but it does seem you had a mega run around. You've asked for compensation, but did anyone agree to it?

pooper
08-11-2006, 14:01
Yeah sorry i made a bit of a mess of those posts, thanks for tidying those up for me :P

Install was quick and painless thank god! Connected at 10mb, and been getting pretty good download speeds... although through http it seems capped at about 400K/sec.. which im assuming is because of the proxy.. but i haven't had time to fiddle around with that yet. Through ftp, i get the full 1200K/sec pretty much :D

As for compensation, i'm going to send an email to 'someone' not quite sure where to send it yet.. anyone have any suggestions? Or is there just a general complaints dept that i should send it to?

pooper
11-11-2006, 22:37
Just been searching this forum, and the ntl site, but i can't seem to find the email address for the complaints department.... assuming one exisits !?

Can anyone give me the correct address? I need to sent this complaint sooner rather than later.

Thanks

AntiSilence
12-11-2006, 14:15
although through http it seems capped at about 400K/sec.. which im assuming is because of the proxy.. but i haven't had time to fiddle around with that yet. Through ftp, i get the full 1200K/sec pretty much :D

When I had the 10Mb service, I was getting 1.2Mb download speeds with most HTTP downloads.

pooper
13-11-2006, 09:48
Hmmm sometimes i get the full 1.1MB/sec, other times it seems to level off at around 400-500KB/sec :S

Haven't really looked at changing my proxy yet.

But anyyyyyyyyyway, complaints e-mail address anyone? :P

Partha Das
13-11-2006, 12:09
(What i'm GUESSING happened... is that; after i completed the internet order, someone (the lady who called me) must have somehow grabbed hold of my order (for commission?) and processed it herself, but at the same time, the internet order was also processed as well. (Something that did strike me as odd... when she originally called me, to confirm/book the install date & time, she told me "oh if you recommend a friend, and they sign up to ntl, you'll get £50 off your next bill.........!)

Something quite similar happened to me. I ordered NTL 2Mbps broadband on 31 October. The next day I received a call from NTL call centre from Manchester (0161 number but you can not call the number back) saying that my order was incomplete and I had to give him all my card details, address, service required etc. all over again. I asked about the £10 online discount and was advised that I will still qualify for that.

Anyway, this morning I found that £25 has been deducted from my credit card (it is supposed to be a free installation). A quick call to NTL customer service and the guy there could not find the account at all! He says this is normal procedure and the amount will be credited in my first bill (I thought I had a good credit rating!!). He transferred me to sales and I reconfirmed the installation date for the 18th Nov once again.

Hopefully an engineer will turn up.

AntiSilence
13-11-2006, 19:05
But anyyyyyyyyyway, complaints e-mail address anyone? :P

I don't know it, but from what I've read, it's pointless as you'll just get a standard reply. You need to write to them and send the letter by special delivery (to make sure you know they've received it).

pooper
14-11-2006, 12:40
Ah ok, who/where do I address it? (Searching came up with poop)