PDA

View Full Version : Lobster 575 virgin phone

raefil
23-10-2006, 11:38
Argggh a silly question to some, probably, but has anyone worked out how to switch off the predictive text and put it on to abc? Its totally doing my head in lol

Graham M
23-10-2006, 11:42
Have you err read the manual?

raefil
23-10-2006, 11:50
yep done that lol, nothing in it to explain how to do it, just says it can be done.

Jules
23-10-2006, 13:50
No idea as they wont let me have one ;)

Have you tried ringing them :)

raefil
23-10-2006, 14:07
After how long it took me to get through to get the phone in the first place Im hoping to avoid that option!

Interesting that so many are saying they are being turned down on credit check, wonder if its more that the popularity has surpassed the supplies

Rorschach
23-10-2006, 19:40
[quote=Jules;34142697]No idea as they wont let me have one ;)

Me neither.

Don't knock it mate. At least you've got one!:erm:

Rorschach

popper
23-10-2006, 20:31
After how long it took me to get through to get the phone in the first place Im hoping to avoid that option!

Interesting that so many are saying they are being turned down on credit check, wonder if its more that the popularity has surpassed the supplies
:welcome:
put it this way, it better not be, as every single credit check gets placed on your credit file, and if to many appear in a given time than that effects your credit in a big way, send the £2 for your credit file and find out if NTL:tw are responsible for these credit failures.

if its proven your being failed because they cant keep up then theres a BIG legal problem comeing their way....

AndyCambs
24-10-2006, 10:32
If you failed a credit check with Virgin, I'm not sure how that can ben NTL:Telewest's fault?
If you did fail a credit check, it might be a better course of action to check your details with one of the credit reference agencies like Experian.

popper
24-10-2006, 14:31
If you failed a credit check with Virgin, I'm not sure how that can ben NTL:Telewest's fault?
If you did fail a credit check, it might be a better course of action to check your details with one of the credit reference agencies like Experian.

what do you think iv been saying, of course check your credit file at all 3 of the CRA's, and perhaps your 'how can that be ntls fault' will be answered.:rolleyes:

raefil
24-10-2006, 16:49
sussed it whoopeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

popper
25-10-2006, 07:37

i take it you got the deal ?, just to give you and other readers an insight into how its possible NTL:tw can mess up your credit file heres a link for interested readers
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/37948-ntl-defaulted-me-15-a.html?highlight=telewest

lmrt
25-10-2006, 22:24
BACK TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION PLEASE!!!

HOW does one turn off that bloomin predictive text to normal ABC?

Any help appreciated

I'm a newbie & this is my first posting!

anduin
25-10-2006, 22:38
I would presume that when typing out a message you will have some 'options' button where predictive text or t9 will be turn offable :)

raefil
26-10-2006, 12:01
BACK TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION PLEASE!!!

HOW does one turn off that bloomin predictive text to normal ABC?

Any help appreciated

I'm a newbie & this is my first posting!
right, anyone else stuck with it here goes.

open messages as if your going to write a message. depress the # key for 2-3 seconds and it will change to ABC voila!;) You will need to do this every time you write a message.

Jules
26-10-2006, 12:14
Oh the whole what do you think of the phone is it ok?

raefil
26-10-2006, 12:42

its my daughters, shes 12 and thinks shes the Bees knees with it lol. Its worth purchasing the data cord with it tho

Graham M
26-10-2006, 13:22
Bleh, Nokias come with it as standard now, others should follow

Mick
27-10-2006, 20:45

I've had one sent to me - seeing as its free what the hell? ;)

It's okay, its nothing to get excited about. It's obviously nowhere near close as my Samsung. It's not for the Mobile fashion guru's. It's more of a 'yesterday' mobile.

But if all you care about is being able to make and receive calls, send SMS and MMS messages and want to be able to take photo's or record a video clip, play Java games - It's got one game (Ball). Then you may like this phone. Comes in two colours, pink or black. (Obviously mines black :cool: ).
It's also quite small and light, which is what I'd say is the only outstanding feature of the phone. :)

Jules
27-10-2006, 20:47
Sorry to tell you Mick and I am sure you will be disappointed to know that they ran out of pink ones. not that I could get one any way ;)

Sounds like the phone would have been fine for me, all I use mine for is to text and make calls, never use Bluetooth etc

Mick
27-10-2006, 21:45
Not disappointed at all Jules... ;)

Got a pic of both colours....

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/lobsterhuge.jpg

Jules
28-10-2006, 11:20
Shall I pass you the salt so that you can rub it in to the wounds ;) lol

So are you going to be useing your other phone and selling the Lobster on Ebay?

mrspogle
28-10-2006, 17:34
anyone know where i can buy the data cable for lobster 575 the holy grail maybe easier to find!!