PDA

View Full Version : Good deal from virgin phone but...

ultimate
13-10-2006, 09:17
I got a brochure from NTL yesterday telling me who wonderful the service is, amongst other things there is a cable user only offer for what it looks to be a good deal on virgin mobile, so I gave the number a call at 8:30am, and its 9am now and I am still holding, good job it is a 0800 number. I don''t think Mr Branson got everything right!

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

Update: Finall got through at 9:10am

Wicked_and_Crazy
13-10-2006, 10:29
As with most ventures Branson just wants the money to support the expansion of his airline.

AndyCambs
13-10-2006, 21:37
You could try ringing NTL:Telewest customer services and they put you through having validated your eligibility for the offer.

"As you're already subscribed to ntl:Telewest's Family pack you'll need to speak with ntl:Telewest Customer Sales on 0800 052 0543 to confirm you're eligible to qualify for the 4 for £40 offer. "

Jules
16-10-2006, 21:11
I have been trying to get through all day with no luck :(

opelfruitcase
16-10-2006, 22:54
I've passed quite a few people though to them over the last week or so - they were quite quiet initially, but I think its been such a popular offer they've been snowballed with the amount of enquiries in relation to it.

lostandconfused
17-10-2006, 02:35
call queues have been huge the past week, id sugest signing up on the website, takes about 5 mins

Jules
17-10-2006, 11:20
Well I have been trying again today and having no luck all I get is an engaged tone or told to try later, the thing is I want to ask a few questions before I sign up and you can't do that on the web site :(

Jules
17-10-2006, 13:53
Anyone know a easy way round the queues? I still can not get through

lauzjp
17-10-2006, 14:12
what phone number are you trying? the general virgin no - 0845 6000 789 ? there must be some more phone numbers on the internet somewhere...?

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/contactUs.do or If you'd like to become a customer just call 0845 6000 070

Stephen
17-10-2006, 14:19
Call NTL first and they will put you through.

Jules
17-10-2006, 14:19
I am using the free phone number that came with the crud from NTL

Thanks Darth I will try that :tu:

Fingy
17-10-2006, 18:51
From what I have heard they are now using call back forms due to the high call volumes so if you try once more customer care should be able to arrange a wee call back for you, save you keeping trying.

opelfruitcase
17-10-2006, 20:48
From what I have heard they are now using call back forms due to the high call volumes so if you try once more customer care should be able to arrange a wee call back for you, save you keeping trying.

Errrm, don't know of any call back logging/forms. Indeed I've been redirecting people to the website instead.

Fingy
17-10-2006, 21:24
Errrm, don't know of any call back logging/forms. Indeed I've been redirecting people to the website instead.

Well its true, perhaps you just haven't been informed as yet. :erm:

If you want more info on it PM me.

Stephen
17-10-2006, 21:25
I was told the only way to get on the offer was to be passed from cust service to Virgin.

AndyCambs
17-10-2006, 22:17
I was told the only way to get on the offer was to be passed from cust service to Virgin.
Thats how I managed to get through and get the offer.

pharrell
18-10-2006, 01:00
No - it can be done on the website too. :)

Jules
18-10-2006, 14:48
Well I got through at last and sorted it all out just to get an email an hour later saying I had failed the bloody credit check!!!!!

Rorschach
19-10-2006, 13:19
I've just found out that I failed their credit check as well (something to do with my address apparently)

I've just faxed them my driving license.

Hopefully that will do the trick!

Rorschach

Jules
19-10-2006, 13:40
When I asked what I could do they said there was nothing I could do :(

TheDaddy
19-10-2006, 15:30
I think Rorschach was a credit referral rather than a failure, I am not taking them up on this offer out of principle, I have been an NTL customer for years that should be reference enough for them.

Jules
19-10-2006, 16:56
That is what I would have thought as well, NTL have had thousands off me yet I can't be trusted with a phone for £10 a month, when I rang Virgin and pointed that out I was told sorry but there is nothing we can do.

Does anyone know the email addy of customer services at Ntl? I think I will email them and let them know how there customers are being treated, ok so it will do no good but it will make me feel better :D

lostandconfused
19-10-2006, 19:04
the problem is they are still in effect seperate companies that happen to be running an offer together, i know ntl use equifax credit referance agency, not sure which one virgin uses, im surprised they dont use a credit limit like ntl aswell though

Jules
19-10-2006, 19:34
I don't think they are any more I think NTL bought them

Rorschach
19-10-2006, 19:40
Well I've just failed the credit check again! AND Virgin can't tell me why!

What's worse is that I can find out by going to the Equifax website (yes Virgin use them too!) and getting a credit reference report for the princely sum of $14.95!!!!:Yikes:

Why in God's name don't Virgin get a credit refernce from NTL? Equifax are clearly at it and they have just cost Virgin some business.

They can shove their free phone up their ****!!!!!

Rorschach:mad:

Jules
19-10-2006, 19:50
I know how you feel :(

lostandconfused
20-10-2006, 14:36
yep they have been bought by ntl but are still run as seperate companies, so they still use their own processes such as credit check, i assume that sometime in the future they will be integreated but not at the moment

TheDaddy
20-10-2006, 14:42
What's worse is that I can find out by going to the Equifax website (yes Virgin use them too!) and getting a credit reference report for the princely sum of $14.95!!!!:Yikes:

You might be able to find your answers for free here ;)

http://www.experian.co.uk/creditreport/

Jules
20-10-2006, 14:43
There is a announcement on the front page so hopefully this can now be sorted out.

Full marks to Mick for the work he is doing behind the scenes to sort this out :tu:

lauzjp
20-10-2006, 15:13
I'm so tempted... virgin was cheaper than vodafone which Anton and I are on now... signal was a bit lacking sometimes.. hmm... I should resist! I probably wouldn't pass their credit check anyway, I'm surprised I got ntl at all in the first place! :blush:

TheDaddy
20-10-2006, 15:16
I'm so tempted... virgin was cheaper than vodafone which Anton and I are on now... signal was a bit lacking sometimes.. hmm... I should resist! I probably wouldn't pass their credit check anyway, I'm surprised I got ntl at all in the first place! :blush:

Looks like you don't have to worry, leave it a week or so ;)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/295/ntl-telewest-virgin-mobile-deal-gets-teething-problems

lauzjp
20-10-2006, 15:24
ooh! :eek: :batty: :LOL: :dig: oh dear... I must not get the phone. I must not get a new phone. I must be contented. Credit / contract is a bad idea. Look at all the problems ntl have with changes to packages as it is... :angel:

zc1
20-10-2006, 17:50
Hi,

I am posting on behalf of my mother, she just applied again after reading the front page of CF for the Virgin Mobile offer and has been rejected again we have been a customer of NTL for 1 3/4 years coming up to 2 soon.

Is there anything she can do, I have the order ref of virgin mobile

I don't think that credit rating should matter as in my opinon it should be to do with your NTL account how you pay etc...

Regards,
Garry

Jules
20-10-2006, 21:33
It is getting sorted out we are just waiting to hear when it will be ok to apply again :)

Wicked_and_Crazy
20-10-2006, 21:51
It is getting sorted out we are just waiting to hear when it will be ok to apply again :)

now according to the front page

Jules
20-10-2006, 21:57
Yeah I know but sadly no one has told the people at Virgin yet lol

UncleBooBoo
21-10-2006, 13:44
I just tried and failed their credit check to! :disturbd:

Weird as I don't owe anyone any dosh and I am on the electroll register???

I have been with NTL for a year and a half and have always paid via direct debit and have never missed or been late with a payment!

Think i'll stick with vodafone after all, maybe more expensive but as some one once said:

"You get what you pay for"

:)

popper
22-10-2006, 17:01
That is what I would have thought as well, NTL have had thousands off me yet I can't be trusted with a phone for £10 a month, when I rang Virgin and pointed that out I was told sorry but there is nothing we can do.

Does anyone know the email addy of customer services at Ntl? I think I will email them and let them know how there customers are being treated, ok so it will do no good but it will make me feel better :D

theres a very good chance that it is infact NTL:tw (credit control?)that have placed your credit file in (unlawful?)default etc, and hence why Virgin in this case, are refusing you credit, in light of several posters here also saying they have failed , YOU should really think about finding out what ,when,who and why these bad marks etc are on your credit files, and have them removed ASAP by filling in an N1 county court application if need be.

its also werth restating that EVERY TIME some/any firm makes a check on your credit file, it will be registered there and if an undetermind number is found there, then that will also mean you fail the credit check so its not a good thing to keep asking Vodaphone to re-check you, you can check as often as you like as its marked as you checking your file, although im sure some automated checkers will ignore the fact its you checking you, and so might also fail you on that basis.

heres a link to (in this case a vodafone) default removal and how these companys dont like to remove your personal data to get you started.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/22995-vodafone-default-removal-distress-2.html

rememeber its £2 +registerd post and postal order charge (easy tracking/proof for later)to get your credit file from each of the 3 main CRA'a , no more than that so dont let them con you into paying more unless you are ready to pay for instant online service, and that doesnt get you full access as you cant customise your request as easly.

1701-e
23-10-2006, 15:53
Well...

i was considering this offer (for my daughters phone) as she was getting 300 offpeak mins & 500 txts from o2 for (my) £20 p/m - i was thinking 300/300 + Lobster was pretty good from Virgin for £10 p/m.
When i used this as a bargaining tool, i've ended up with 750 anytime mins/750 texts plus a Samsung E900 for £20 p/m!
so thanks to Virgin i'm better off!

(I didn't fancy the credit check nonsense)

just21
24-10-2006, 00:59
I failed the credit check three times before I got my virgin mobile/ntl deal. The person taking the information got my name and address wrong. It is a good deal but takes perseverance!

bo-peep
24-10-2006, 13:38
when i rang last wk to ask a few questions i wasnt told about a credit check.i'm already a virgin customer and the guy said all he needed ( when i ring back) was my bank details ( for the DD) and i'd be up and running in half an hr.

King Of Fools
24-10-2006, 15:33
when i rang last wk to ask a few questions i wasnt told about a credit check.i'm already a virgin customer and the guy said all he needed ( when i ring back) was my bank details ( for the DD) and i'd be up and running in half an hr.
I already have a Virgin post-pay PAYG SIM so have passed their credit check. Does anybody know whether I can have the £10 pm deal added to my current number or do I need to take out a new contract?

Mick
24-10-2006, 16:16
You can have your current Virgin Mobile Number added to the deal as this is what I have done as I had an old PAYG Virgin Mobile account.

bo-peep
24-10-2006, 16:17
dont remember ever having a credit check when i joined them-was about 4 yrs ago

thanosp
24-10-2006, 19:41
Applied yesterday for the offer at 16.30 in the afternoon. By 17.30 everything was done, and my new mobile number was mailed to me also. Just waiting for the SIM card to arrive. Hope I don't regret this.. :dozey:

albert_the_dog
26-10-2006, 21:53
Well I've just failed the credit check again! AND Virgin can't tell me why!

Why in God's name don't Virgin get a credit refernce from NTL? Equifax are clearly at it and they have just cost Virgin some business.

They can shove their free phone up their ****!!!!!

I paid £14.95 only to find as I already new xlnt credit score with equifax, when i asked if virgin would replay this cos in effect they incurred the cost through inaccurate data i got no reply.....was i surprised:Yikes:

AtD

popper
26-10-2006, 22:16
I paid £14.95 only to find as I already new xlnt credit score with equifax, when i asked if virgin would replay this cos through inaccurate data i got no reply.....was i surprised:Yikes:

AtD

sorry atD, its not clear what your saying? , what did your file say about who placed (i assume)bad/wrong data to your file?, was it NTL:tw:virgin?.

what did you mean by 'in effect they incurred the cost' ?.

airbus
06-11-2006, 19:24
Has anyone who was turned down actually now got the offer?
:PP:

UncleBooBoo
06-11-2006, 19:51
Has anyone who was turned down actually now got the offer?
:PP:

NOPE!!!

Funny though I just been approved for a credit card with a £2500 credit limit but Virgin turn me down on a tenner!

Well stuff them and their sim, I won't be ordering it again!!! :td:

Jules
06-11-2006, 21:36
I have had a letter from NTL after emailing them about the sillyness of it and the letter said that someone would be phoning me, hmm that was nearly a week ago and no one has phoned so far. So no I have not got it sorted yet

albert_the_dog
07-11-2006, 20:21
sorry atD, its not clear what your saying? , what did your file say about who placed (i assume)bad/wrong data to your file?, was it NTL:tw:virgin?.

what did you mean by 'in effect they incurred the cost' ?.

I had no bad data on my credit check, it seems to be a problem with the way credit checks are handled by the computers. what i mean by incurred cost is virgin told me my credit check failed, so i wanted to know why, it cost me 14.95 to check online, which was 14.95 i did not need to spend. hope this helps

AtD

Hugh
07-11-2006, 20:34
If you want a free credit check (until end of December 2006) try garlik.com

It takes a couple of days - lots of security checks, including sending an authorisation code by mail to your home address, but you get lots of info from it for free (they are doing a free launch offer)
http://www.garlik.com/

I found out about it from a BBC news webpage http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6102694.stm

This is the summary page, which has tabbed detail pages behind it - they will also find out all web references to you (it takes a couple of weeks).

paulpaddison
10-11-2006, 00:08
if i sign up for the 4 for £40 deal and fail the credit check does this mean
i cant get anything ? :Yikes:

King Of Fools
10-11-2006, 12:27
if i sign up for the 4 for £40 deal and fail the credit check does this mean
i cant get anything ? :Yikes:
No, if you fail the Virgin credit check you will still be able to get the 3 for £30 deal.

Fingy
10-11-2006, 13:01
yeah there are seperate credit checks run and if you fail ntl's credit check you will just be asked for an up front deposit on your account.

paulpaddison
10-11-2006, 13:07
would be nice if virgin could run with ntl / telewest and not along side.
with this name change next year all 3 companies will need to be acting as one. but i hope they bring some sweet improvments like higher broadband speeds and more tv channels on there basic package ;)

Mr Angry
10-11-2006, 23:54
If.....

Hotels in Antigua.....what are you at?!?!

Rorschach
11-11-2006, 00:37
I have had a letter from NTL after emailing them about the sillyness of it and the letter said that someone would be phoning me, hmm that was nearly a week ago and no one has phoned so far. So no I have not got it sorted yet

If they actually phone you Jules , let us know how you get on.

I hadn't forgotten about this offer but wasn't prepared to let them further damage my credit rating by what's probably a fekkin' typo on their database!

Rorschach

Jules
11-11-2006, 15:12
Well I got a letter this morning saying they are sorry for the problems I have had but that I need to take it up with Virgin, so much for them ringing me to resolve it.

Oh well sod em I will spend my money with Vodafone

DanTheMan
13-11-2006, 10:44
Woohoo I'm in, got through on the 0800 052 0543 number and start to finish was about 30 mins.

No Lobster phones left though so they gave me a basic Nokia 1112, have to see what its like when it arrives but will probably unlock my current phone to Virgin as its got mp3 etc.

tweetypie/8
15-02-2007, 21:37
Anyone know a easy way round the queues? I still can not get through

ring 151 from the landline it works for me plus its a free number.;)

tweetypie/8
16-03-2007, 15:20
As with most ventures Branson just wants the money to support the expansion of his airline.

you talk a load of crap :mad: