PDA

View Full Version : Virgin mobile

thestrangler
11-10-2006, 14:17
:angel: I have been to a lot of countrys just recently, I was told that virgin was crap when you went abroad, Well in africa, spain, three greek islands, portugal and gibralta, i was connected before my friends on other networks. So a big thanks from me to virgin mobile. PS. my calls worked out cheeper to!:D

Stuart
11-10-2006, 14:42
Like most networks, it probably depends on the country you go to. I went to America recently (actually, Las Vegas) with a couple of people who are on Virgin mobile. I am on T-mobile, but my phone connected to Cingular (which was odd, as I was told it would connect to T-mobile USA) immediately after I turned it on. The other two did not get a connection at all

AndyCambs
11-10-2006, 17:09
If you check the orange roaming for Canada, and the Virgin Mobile roaming for the same location - they use the same partners. So the roaming must be equal.
Interestingly enough calls from Canada to home in UK are 10p per min cheaper, but to receive calls costs 10p per min more on Virgin than Orange!

LixeL
11-10-2006, 19:08
Sweden is fine too on a Virgin phone (well the populated south anyway)

Halcyon
12-10-2006, 11:31
You can see what coverage you can get and the networks Virgin use HERE (http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/callCostsSpecial.do?isoCountryCode=it&paymentPlan=PAYG)

timetraveller
22-10-2006, 15:00
I have not had any problems using Virgin in Europe when I was on Pay As You Go but when I wanted to travel to Mexico and the Caribbean PAYG was not supported. However by opting to pay by Direct Debit (still on PAYG) the number of countries available increased from about 40 to around 140.

Also, as a bonus calls and texts were cheaper as well. All my family are on Virgin and I find their price structure for PAYG to be the best for my needs. We were all on Virgin long before ant NTL/TW merger was thought of and I hope that further down the line there will be some benefits for existing customers as there are now for the new Quad package people.

Tony
ps. Should have mentioned you still need a Triband or Quad band phone for some of these countries.

tweetypie/8
07-02-2007, 09:11
:angel: I have been to a lot of countrys just recently, I was told that virgin was crap when you went abroad, Well in africa, spain, three greek islands, portugal and gibralta, i was connected before my friends on other networks. So a big thanks from me to virgin mobile. PS. my calls worked out cheeper to!:D

its great to see someone with common sense,you are right on the button virgin are far from crap,from my personal experience with them over quite a few years they are brilliant!! no matter what part of the world you travel to:tu:

Bramcotestu
13-04-2007, 21:53
I tried Virgin Mobile in 2003 and could only get a signal in two very small areas of the whole area between Nottingham and East Midlands airport, one was on the main road near the M1 and the other was at the top of the football stand!. Any areas around the A52/M1 and the EMA were totally useless. Are they better now?

Druchii
14-04-2007, 01:33
Virgin also works fine in Norway and connects to "Tele2" network. As do O2.

Mal
14-04-2007, 01:41
I tried Virgin Mobile in 2003 and could only get a signal in two very small areas of the whole area between Nottingham and East Midlands airport, one was on the main road near the M1 and the other was at the top of the football stand!. Any areas around the A52/M1 and the EMA were totally useless. Are they better now?I can't say about Nottingham, but in 7 years of using Virgin, I have never had a problem with the signal anywhere.

I may be wrong here, but as Virgin use the T-Mobile network, would it not be a with T-Mobile?

Willc0
14-04-2007, 09:29
I drove from my house in the UK, to Venlo in the Netherlands.

When I stopped at the Hotel in Venlo, I had about 9 text mesages.

6 Network setting messages.
3 from Virgin mobile, telling me about the roaming rates for the country I just entered. France, Belgium and Netherlands it self.

Also used it last year in Tunisia.

Yes there are cheaper roaming deals on contract, but then I have a "work phone"