PDA

View Full Version : Do Telewest Internaly Speak To Each Other

Silkydraws
02-10-2006, 22:59
Hi,

Just wanted a few thoughts on Telewest, I have been with TW BB for a while now about 5 years and wanted to move my BB from the bedroom into the garage. As the bedroom will now become a nursery. I phoned TW only to be told that I must pay £45 for it to be moved. i said no thank you and managed to get it down to about £20. On reading about Sky BB I decided to call TW and leave BB, they argeed to move BB for free. Great I thought, I then looked into their televison packages and decide to leave Sky Tv and join TW. Sky to be used now as a Freeview telly on PC.

I was amazed that 1 guy came on the Tuesday to move my BB and on the following day another guy came and installed the telly. Surely this is a waste of TW money. Couldn't 1 guy on 1 visit do the job?? Which could go towards giving a better/cheaper service.

Druchii
03-10-2006, 08:34
I'm guessing that involved two different teams, one which deals with installations, and one that deals with random odd jobs... But still, could be the same team thinking about it.

Although, they scrambled to try and get both things done as quickly as possible for you :) They may not have had an installation engineer free on the day the BB was moved. Hence sending two teams would make sense :)

Silkydraws
03-10-2006, 09:46
I disagre the bloke who put the telly in could have moved the BB surely.

If he installs TV moving a cable shouldnot have ben a problem.

v0id
03-10-2006, 13:54
The guy who installed the TV probably had another job to get to

Rapid Dr3am
21-10-2006, 15:56
Moving equipment would be a Special Request Order (SRO) useually chargeable at £75 same as wasted tech call out charge. The installation tech would be a different department, see Ops Intall and Ops Service.