PDA

View Full Version : Ode to the Nice Guys

Ramrod
15-08-2005, 12:43
This is a tribute to the nice guys. The nice guys that finish last, that never become more than friends, that endure hours of whining and bitching about what assholes guys are, while disproving the very point. This is dedicated to those guys who always provide a shoulder to lean on but restrain themselves to tentative hugs, those guys who hold open doors and give reassuring pats on the back and sit patiently outside the changing room at department stores. This is in honor of the guys that obligingly reiterate how cute/beautiful/smart/funny/sexy their female friends are at the appropriate moment, because they know most girls need that litany of support. This is in honor of the guys with open minds, with laid-back attitudes, with honest concern. This is in honor of the guys who respect a girlâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s every facet, from her privacy to her theology to her clothing style.................

Link (http://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~jenf/writing/rant04.html).........could it be that we are appreciated? Seems too much to hope for....... :erm:

Nugget
15-08-2005, 12:54
Hmmm, most of the things it says in there are things that I already do*

Seems Mrs Nug is quite lucky really :D

*DISCLAIMER ALERT - Please note that I said most (and I'm leaving it up to you lot which one or ones I don't do ;) )

ikthius
15-08-2005, 13:21
that poem is about me really,

everything in that poem I have done, and for nothing.

ah well.

ik

Ramrod
15-08-2005, 13:22
I'm waiting for Kronas to notice this thread :D

Chris
15-08-2005, 13:40
There are plenty of nice blokes like this around. The problem is exactly as the poem says though. Despite all their support, respect, caring, &c &c &c, their female acquaintances remain 'just good friends', spend their time bitching about men in general and then swoon over the next complete barsteward that crosses their path.

Why does it seem that so many women behave this way? Is it some genetic need to acquire only alpha male sperm or something?

zovat
15-08-2005, 13:49
Ahh the story of my life ;)

I still have a large number of very attractive female friends (despite being married, my wife trusts me - that's how nice I am ;) ) who tell me all their troubles, it was frustrating when I was single, but now it's just nice to know they still feel they can talk to you about anything without fear of you taking advantage... :angel:

punky
15-08-2005, 13:56
Link (http://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~jenf/writing/rant04.html).........could it be that we are appreciated? Seems too much to hope for....... :erm:

Wow, that was just amazing. I have never seen the argument so conclusively well put.

Thanx for sharing mate :tu:

I wonder if it was written by a girl? Would be brilliant if it was.

Ramrod
15-08-2005, 14:06
I wonder if it was written by a girl?
I believe it was. :)

punky
15-08-2005, 14:15
I wonder if it was written by a girl?
I believe it was. :)

You're definitely right mate, I looked it up.

How cool is that? Hopefully an admission like this from the other side might give so much hope to people like that.

Raistlin
15-08-2005, 14:17
Hey :)

Does this mean that I'm a nice guy?

I do all of those things :)

Nugget
15-08-2005, 14:18

Nah, you're just a good liar :p:

Maggy
15-08-2005, 14:20
Well all I can say is hang in there.We females need to grow the hell up as well.When we do you will be ready and waiting one hopes?

I too cannot understand this attitude of 'I'd rather go out with a barsteward than a REAL man.' I never fell into that trap myself..But I saw plenty that did.

I also saw plenty of nice sweet guys who fell into the clutches of b*itches too.More than once too. :(

Trouble is we are a species that is still instinctual whilst trying to be intellectual.The two seem to conflict waaaay too much.Instinct wants sexy hard tight buns(good breeding potential) or wonderful mammary glands(good feeding potential) but intellect knows that other qualities matter in the present day and age.Heart and head are not always on speaking terms with each other.

So lads and lasses it would appear that the two sexes have more in common than we think.We are both confused and lost... :erm:

Raistlin
15-08-2005, 14:25

Nah, you're just a good liar :p:

:( That's not very nice :mis:

Nugget
15-08-2005, 14:26

But your charm, with and personality more than make up for it (oh, and your stunning good looks) :)

Raistlin
15-08-2005, 14:30

But your charm, with and personality more than make up for it (oh, and your stunning good looks) :)

And you sir are an even better liar than I :D

Tezcatlipoca
15-08-2005, 23:27
So true.... :(

Especially this bit ;)

the only conclusion I can form is that many girls are just illogical, manipulative b******

Ramrod
15-08-2005, 23:31
No axe to grind then m8? :D