PDA

View Full Version : Why do we keep doing it?

Paul K
11-10-2003, 17:22
OK, since it seems to be occuring way too often I would like to ask the question:
"Why is it that every topic keeps being turned into a rip-the-p*ss out of Avril thread?"
I know we all have a laugh now and then but it does seem that Kronas keeps taking the brunt of it. Maybe we should try to go 24 hours without posting the name "Avril Lavigne" or any of the many titles we have given her.
Anyone want to have a go at any of the following instead (some of my faves):

R.E.M (bi-sexual lead singer)
Alanis Morissette (long haired Canadian)
Christina Aguillera (looks a bit skanky now and then)
Pink (what does she look like?)

Only guideline I would give is this
Keep it civil and in good humour.

kronas
11-10-2003, 17:24
paul omg lost the plot now............

kronas
11-10-2003, 17:27
OK, since it seems to be occuring way too often I would like to ask the question:
"Why is it that every topic keeps being turned into a rip-the-p*ss out of Avril thread?"
I know we all have a laugh now and then but it does seem that Kronas keeps taking the brunt of it. Maybe we should try to go 24 hours without posting the name "Avril Lavigne" or any of the many titles we have given her.
Anyone want to have a go at any of the following instead (some of my faves):

*shrugs

what is getting annoying is when i post a serious thread it gets hijacked in to an avril thread if i wanted an avril thread i would start one up :rolleyes:

Paul K
11-10-2003, 17:32
*shrugs

what is getting annoying is when i post a serious thread it gets hijacked in to an avril thread if i wanted an avril thread i would start one up :rolleyes:

Exactly.
Hence the question, why is it that serious threads are being taken off topic when there are already threads in place where we can poke fun at each other?

Bex
11-10-2003, 17:36
but "poking fun at each other" is sometimes taken to far and becomes nasty....re: all the religion threads we have ever had........

why do we feel the need to poke the mick out of each other?..........the problem of this medium is u can not note sarcasm in a post..................

bexy stops ranting now

kronas
11-10-2003, 17:37
Exactly.
Hence the question, why is it that serious threads are being taken off topic when there are already threads in place where we can poke fun at each other?

also i would like to add if you people hate her why be offensive abut it i dont go around doing that do i just because someone likes for example beyonce this is what i said about her

i agree beyonce is overhyped and i think shes put across in to a higher class of stardom because shes half naked (most of the time)

her music is certainly average.........

see the diffarence between my posts and others :rolleyes:

and paul your guilty of it too.......

Paul K
11-10-2003, 17:41
Errrm, Kronas. I said WE in the title for a reason.
I'm not ducking the issue as I know I have baited you too. Don't think I ever took it to the point of being abusive though, leg pulling is one thing but it seems some people tend to go a little too far and won't let go.

kronas
11-10-2003, 17:44
Errrm, Kronas. I said WE in the title for a reason.

i did notice the we but i thought your in goody two shoes mode now ;)

I'm not ducking the issue as I know I have baited you too. Don't think I ever took it to the point of being abusive though, leg pulling is one thing but it seems some people tend to go a little too far and won't let go.

your right you didnt/havent been abusive i dont mind having a laugh either but there is a line and people cross it regularly

doesent mean your off the hook though :p

Paul K
11-10-2003, 17:53
Not trying to get off the hook ;) Just trying to get people to see reason before this forum becomes a nightmare with topics going off at tangents and being impossible to follow.

ic14
11-10-2003, 17:54
*shrugs

what is getting annoying is when i post a serious thread it gets hijacked in to an avril thread if i wanted an avril thread i would start one up :rolleyes:Well kronas, as far as im concered, your getting the same thing happening to you that you do to people in the GC forum, or any thread about a game that isnt super realistic.

kronas
11-10-2003, 17:54
Not trying to get off the hook ;) Just trying to get people to see reason before this forum becomes a nightmare with topics going off at tangents and being impossible to follow.

yes and they are quiet now typical :rolleyes:

i have noticed a down turn in serious disscussions :(

Well kronas, as far as im concered, your getting the same thing happening to you that you do to people in the GC forum, or any thread about a game that isnt super realistic.

no what i do in the GC is hugely diffarent im not there 24/7 doing it in every thread am i ?

im stating facts in there thats all

Paul K
11-10-2003, 18:05
Making statements about a game within a thread devoted to the game is totally different to posting comments about Avril Lavigne in any and every thread that Kronas takes part in. That's forum stalking ;)

ic14
11-10-2003, 18:09
no what i do in the GC is hugely diffarent im not there 24/7 doing it in every thread am i ?

im stating facts in there thats allMost of your 'Facts' arent true though kronas........

and i havent seen this so called stalking paul?

Bex
11-10-2003, 18:14
Most of your 'Facts' arent true though kronas........

see what i mean...........cant we just be nice to each other...........

Paul K
11-10-2003, 18:18

Not gonna get into an argument here but you are saying you have never seen the following scenario:
A thread is in flow
Kronas posts (or starts the thread)
Someone then posts a comment totally off topic about Avril Lavigne for no other reason than to annoy or irritate Kronas.
I know I have.

kronas
11-10-2003, 18:21
Not gonna get into an argument here but you are saying you have never seen the following scenario:
A thread is in flow
Kronas posts (or starts the thread)
Someone then posts a comment totally off topic about Avril Lavigne for no other reason than to annoy or irritate Kronas.
I know I have.

i know the truth is out and no one is speaking up..

see what i mean...........cant we just be nice to each other...........

i will be if others are.......

yes they are the ones that count are, and are from official sources which i have quoted from numerous times

and i havent seen this so called stalking paul

well you certainly need to clear your head to get a better 'understanding' which you clearly lack.......

Making statements about a game within a thread devoted to the game is totally different to posting comments about Avril Lavigne in any and every thread that Kronas takes part in. That's forum stalking ;)

lol your right :rolleyes:

Bex
11-10-2003, 19:31
<snip> i will be if others are.......

why not set the example?

*feels like she is banging her head against a brick wall*

Paul K
11-10-2003, 19:41
why not set the example?

Don't you go damaging that wall :D
Download Failed (1)

Bex
11-10-2003, 19:50
Don't you go damaging that wall :D
http://www.amerikaantje.be/images/Artikels/DoeHetZelf/polyfilla.JPG

:rofl:

kronas
12-10-2003, 01:59
why not set the example?

i have done i dont bite back usally ;)

Atomic22
13-10-2003, 18:48
hehe it seems to me that people take things too seriously, kronas is a very popular poster here and the only things ive ever seen (or posted) regarding his erm....thing about avril ,have always been in jest and i don't believe anyone ever meant anything more than that....and i don't believe kronas would get "het up" about something so trivial.
when it comes to kronas's threads and posts i usually agree with 90% of what he says... (gulp...did i really type that?)