PDA

View Full Version : 28 Hour day?

Ramrod
09-08-2005, 19:02
Did you ever feel like there just weren't enough hours in the day? Have you ever stayed up late because you weren't tired enough to go to bed? Have you ever felt like you didn't get enough sleep and it was, too soon, time to get up? Have you ever wished for more free time to pursue different activities and goals?

If you can relate to these feelings, you will be interested in the 28 Hour Day. Under the 28 Hour Day system, the current week would remain at exactly 168 hours. (24x7=168) However, this 168 hour period would be divided into six 28-hour days rather than 7 24-hour days.
...an interesting idea :)
Link (http://www.dbeat.com/28/)

1. Reduced frequency of daily chores:
Anything that you currently do daily would only be done six times a week instead of seven. On a large scale, this would have a measurable effect on the public's appetite for consumables.

2. Work only four days a week.
While you still work a minimum of 40 hours a week, you only go to work 4 times instead of 5. If you commute 1 hour to work, you save an hour each week commuting.

3. Transit pollution cut by 20%
If EVERYONE adopted the 28 hour day, the rush hours with which we are all familiar now happen only 4 times a week instead of 5 times a week. Air pollution due to commuting would instantly be cut by 20%.

4. Productivity and free time.
If you refer to the "Typical Day Comparison Chart" you'll see that the longer day not only gives you more time at work, but also more time with your family and friends AFTER work. A typical 28 hour day might give you 11 hours at work, 8 hours of free time, and a refreshing 9 hours of sleep. Just think of what you could accomplish on a day like that!

5. The Long Weekends:
Under the 28 hour day system, your weekend is still two days long, but those two days now total 56 hours, 8 more than the previous 48. The weekend is fully 1/3 of the week.
So where's the catch?

Russ
09-08-2005, 19:04
I'm sure us bible-bashing Sabbath-day respecting Jesus-freaks will go along with that :D

Ramrod
09-08-2005, 19:05
I'm sure us bible-bashing Sabbath-day respecting Jesus-freaks will go along with that :DMore time for worship on Sundays! :D

Dave Stones
09-08-2005, 19:06
nono that would never work, the farmers would never allow that ;)

danielf
09-08-2005, 19:09
...an interesting idea :)
Link (http://www.dbeat.com/28/)

So where's the catch?

A significant part of your day will be night... Hang on, that means more drinking time Top idea! :tu: :)

Ramrod
09-08-2005, 19:11
Rread that site carefully.....particularly the 'benefits' section :tu: I like it! :)

A significant part of your day will be night... Hang on, that means more drinking time Top idea! :tu: :)I rest my case :D

Only one 'day' will be night and you would get lots more daytime at the weekend.

Russ
09-08-2005, 19:13
More time for worship on Sundays! :D

We don't just do that on sundays! I'm not catholic y'know!! ;) :D

Angua
09-08-2005, 19:16
Would be good for hubby as he currently works nights, he might even see some daylight when he is working.

Halcyon
10-08-2005, 15:19
Would be good for a nice long lie in and more chilling out at the weekend but would just confuse way too many people.

MadGamer
10-08-2005, 15:27
Could be an interesting idea. :) :tu: