PDA

View Full Version : Probs changing number

atlantis
08-08-2005, 20:22
Hi All,

First off, a very big hello to everyone, it's my 3rd day on NTL, so I'm the new guy.

Anyway, on to the problem. NTL gave me my number, turned out it used to belong to someone else, so I kept getting their calls, I complain to what passes for customer dis-services at NTL, get told I'm getting a new number today, Monday, ring back at 7pm, I'm to dial 175, hang up, then an automated voice rings back repeating my current number, no change over to the new number I was told about in advance, this after telling family, friends etc what the new number is, now don't all laugh at once, but is this normal for NTL?

MovedGoalPosts
08-08-2005, 23:02
Issues like this do occur on a fairly frequent basis. Unforuntunatlye when it goes wrong at ntl there can be a lot of frustration.

Call faults again tommorrow morning, make sure you get the name of the operator and make sure that they take personal ownership of the issue.

Take the time to fill out a form on the Responstek service too. http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/ntl.php

Marge
08-08-2005, 23:58
The new number usually comes into effect after 8pm, you can dial 174 or 175 after that time and it should give the new number.

However, if the number change hasn't gone through on the switch then please ring Customer Services, not Faults, and they should be able to check with Provisioning as to the status of the order. Number change orders can take up to 3 days to go through dependant on which system you are on.

atlantis
09-08-2005, 00:44
Thanks Rob C & Marge,
I'll try calling them (again) in the morning. Just tried both 174 and 175, and old number is still live, sad to say.

Marge
09-08-2005, 00:52
Thanks Rob C & Marge,
I'll try calling them (again) in the morning. Just tried both 174 and 175, and old number is still live, sad to say.

When did you request the number change flower ??

In the Wirral area it is 3 days, if you have an BT number that has been ported but is being changed to an ntl number then that can be 10 days

atlantis
09-08-2005, 01:05
I requested number change on the first day services went live on wednesday, 3rd August, (Got fed up with someone called betty calling me every few minutes demanding I bring her the keys to open her front door?)

Marge
09-08-2005, 01:29
I requested number change on the first day services went live on wednesday, 3rd August, (Got fed up with someone called betty calling me every few minutes demanding I bring her the keys to open her front door?)

Aren't you called Betty on a Saturday night ??? ;)

Anway :erm: give them a call tomorrow morning and find out the score :)

atlantis
09-08-2005, 09:38
Just got through to someone called William in customer services, and after some digging around, he says the automatic system which changes numbers failed, leaving the order open.
He looked for a 'phone number for provisioning, seemed like they now only have email contact, but good for William, he found an old number, and now I'm told it's going through manualy this morning, we'll see, and I'll report back later.

atlantis
09-08-2005, 14:32
All up and running OK now, got Sue to do the work while I held the line.
New number so far without crank calls, but we'll see what the day brings.

Jules
09-08-2005, 15:35
You could always post the number here for us all to test the line for you (j/k) lol

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2006/06/3.gif to the forum...oh and can Betty have her keys please cause she is fed up standing on her door step ;)

atlantis
10-08-2005, 00:09
Cheers for the welcome Whyme38.
I wish betty all the best, she thinks her daughter lives here for whatever reason (she probibly had my old first number NTL gave me).