PDA

View Full Version : Crackle on the line

AndrewJ
07-08-2005, 01:46
Hiya all,

I am unsure about this problem I have a new phone a standard generic corded one, and when making or recieving a call, I get a static crackle sound on the line, the other party cannot hear it but I can at my end, is this my phone or is it the line.

Would like to know before I shell out on another phone of which the GF has made "clear" *NAG NAG* it has to be cordless.

Thanks

Andrew

Stuart
07-08-2005, 01:49
It could be the socket... Try the phone in another socket, if it still crackles, it's the phone.

Roy MM
07-08-2005, 02:33
Sounds like the ear piece has a bad connection, might sound daft but try giving the handset a sharp bang on something, not so much has to break it but enough to dislodge any bit of grime/dust from the earpiece connection.

AndrewJ
07-08-2005, 23:23
Thanks I gave it a little bang on window sill and it shutup although it does come and go anyway, but it came back about 1hour later when calling for takeout. Also I hoovered the sockets to make sure no dust was in there, ( i only have a single phone connecter socket )

Looks like a new phone then today.

nffc
07-08-2005, 23:32
Is that like having a train on the line?

AndrewJ
08-08-2005, 06:04
sounds like someone is crackling a tesco carry bag.

Halcyon
08-08-2005, 16:18
Could be a problem with the phone itself or the wire.
Try a different socket if you have one in the house and also a different phone.
If you keep on having problems it may be a problem further down the line. Good luck.

AndrewJ
09-08-2005, 05:18
Well we need a cordless phone anyways so I shall get one on Wednesday and if it is that I shall double clean the single socket we have and then if it is still there I guess its time to call NTL.

atlantis
09-08-2005, 09:43
Hi Saxo,
Don't know if this info will help, but I had same probs as you recently.
I've got the 3in1 package from NTL, and 'phone crackles, tv dies, and internet used to just stop, rang NTL, guy arrived and I was told the cable into the outer box on the wall outside was too thin to carry the capacity of services I'm using.
They arranged to re-do the cabling, and now all is well (this was done on day one of my services going live).