PDA

View Full Version : Nobody turned up!!

divil
01-08-2005, 10:03
Ordered £9.99 broadband over a week ago via the website....was impressed that it showed me which days were available for an engineer to come and fit....chose Friday PM for fitting...girlfriend took day off work....come 4.30pm nobody arrived...I call NTL and am told in a 'matter fact way'..."Oh sorry we have been having problems with that sir...I'll book you in for another day."....I say's " well I think that's pretty bad service why didn't someone call me on either of the 2 numbers I left on the website or email me?....he says...."well I don't think it's a poor service...shall I book you in again?"....I say's... "I'll talk to a supervisor"....gave number and was told one would call back shortly as they were busy (not suprised)....as you can guess nobody has called me back....all I can say is what a bad way to treat your customers....I did arrange another date with 'Mr Helpful' before I hung up but have since been considering canceling and dropping NTL and going back to SKY and BT...at least I'm not tied to one Broadband provider that way....an explanation and phone call would have been a simple way not to have upset me....so to anybody thinking of taking up NTL broadband then don't do it via the internet....speak to somebody and book it!

A miffed NTL customer!

Divil

Neil
01-08-2005, 11:05
Disgusting treatment IMO, but I'm afraid the situation you have described does not surprise me when it comes to ntl.

The choice is yours, but why would you want to give money to a company that treats you like this so early on? :shrug:

Fill out the feedback form here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=81), & let them know how you feel.

:welcome: to the site too. :)

divil
01-08-2005, 11:17
Well I must say I have been with NTL for Tv and phone for a good few years and have had no problems....I changed from SKY as soon as they put it into the Stockport area....I must be one of the lucky one's....already done the feedback form Neil....I have no idea if the web BB signup function is still now problem free but I think potential users should give it a miss...unless you are at home all day or don't mind wasteing your well earned holiday time as my girlfriend did!

Divil :)

PS the system even gave me a order ref number....so it wasn't just a flakey completion of the form on my part.

spike7451
01-08-2005, 18:32
Unfortunatly,Davil,What happened to you is a ongoing problem & it mainly stems from the sales dept booking a install for a certain day with the customer then arranging the job for another day & time
Not only is the customer p.off at a no show but we are also p.off as we cant do the job as the customer was'nt aware we're coming AND we also lose money as well!
Spike

ikthius
01-08-2005, 20:04
the thing that annoys me about all of this, and the likes is that people take holidays to get engineers out.

this ruins the customers holiday.

CS should be asking what time and day would suit them best and work round the customer.

not they *might* be there on tuesday between 12pm, and 6pm.

not good enough.

oh, and :welcome: divil, god this site is turning evil :D

ik

divil
05-08-2005, 09:17
Just had a txt from girlfriend.....Engineer has turned up this time...and bright and early..9am....so we shall see what happens next :)

Divil

Salu
05-08-2005, 09:55
The thing will NTL is that you get the impression that things go right not by design but by good fortune. When things go wrong, the system's inadequacies are exposed....and not helped by salespersons that apparently have no concept of customer service or indeed ownership of the problem that the customer is explaining to them.

divil
05-08-2005, 12:35
Well girlfriend tells me it's all installed...just need PIN...engineer did try and get one..was told they would phone us with one...if not heard from them then we should phone them....I'm am expecting to have to phone them..but we shall see PMF :o)

Divil

divil
23-08-2005, 16:18
An update...had to phone to get pin number...told nobody had even set me an account up and that somebody would call me back within 10-20mins....they didn't...so called them back after an hour...was told they guy that took my original order was off....was told somebody else would call me back within 30 mins...THEY DID!!...and they gave me password and pin...no probs setting up...didn't use the free frisbee they gave me just went straight to registration webpage.....funny things is an engineer came last Monday to install our new broadband?...2 weeks after they installed it the first time!?!?....wasn't even on the same day....we were installed on a Friday am!....even got paper work sent through telling me my pin and password...which were nothing like the one's I was given on the phone?!!....why am I expecting billing problems next?? :)

spike7451
23-08-2005, 16:56
An update...had to phone to get pin number...told nobody had even set me an account up and that somebody would call me back within 10-20mins....they didn't...so called them back after an hour...was told they guy that took my original order was off....was told somebody else would call me back within 30 mins...THEY DID!!...and they gave me password and pin...no probs setting up...didn't use the free frisbee they gave me just went straight to registration webpage.....funny things is an engineer came last Monday to install our new broadband?...2 weeks after they installed it the first time!?!?....wasn't even on the same day....we were installed on a Friday am!....even got paper work sent through telling me my pin and password...which were nothing like the one's I was given on the phone?!!....why am I expecting billing problems next?? :)
That,i'm afraid happens 70% of the time.The salesman wants the commision from the job but is'nt prepared to finish his part of the job by raiseing the pin,ect & relies on someone else to do it for him.
Have you even noticed the absense of NTL sales persons on sites like this & NTL Hell???

clarie
23-08-2005, 17:15
I had a similar problem when I had my NTL TV installed. Two guys came out to install it, but once they had gone we realised we didn't have the correct package so my housemate called and was told to turn it off at the mains, and turn it back on and it would be correct. He did this but when he turned it back on the screen said the 'service was being updated and would take a few mins'. 24 hours later it was still doing the same thing so we called, made an appointment for someone to come out, and he didn't turn up.

What was weird though was that when I called about the no-show, the girl I spoke to told me someone logged our fault as complete, saying he had done this and that and the problem was solved. I told her no one had even turned up, and then she came back and said 'according to a supervisor, someone did turn up at 12.47 (or something similar) but as no one was in they went away and left a voicemail message for you on your land line. This was annoying for two reasons 1) because we were told the guy would be there between 1 and 5 so he should have waited, and b)we don't have voicemail - or rather we don't have access to it and have never requested it, but strangely if you phone our number, you eventually get through to a personalised answering message and I don't recognise the voice! (Our landline is with NTL too...)

Anyway eventually the girl decided that the fault had never been logged at all and she made another one and gave us an appointment, which thankfully the guy showed up for.

I just find it very suspicious that she had given me a lot of very precise details such as the exact time, before saying oh no hold on, the fault was never logged.

Hmmmmmm....

It does seem the case that the problem lies with those booking the appointments, not the engineers themselves.

spike7451
23-08-2005, 17:27
Whenever i have a no access,i log the door colour to prove i have been there,it's carded as well & the telephone number is tried,But we increasingly get given the wrong phone number.And we cant always afford to wait on a customer if we are early to a job.Due to the high workload,it's not possible.

clarie
23-08-2005, 17:32
And we cant always afford to wait on a customer if we are early to a job.Due to the high workload,it's not possible.

This is why I think the problem lies with people booking the appointments. If you have too many appointments then you can't do them and that's not your fault. But in my case and others like it, if the appointment is booked for a certain time slot, then the engineer shouldn't really come outside of that time slot and then leave if no one answers - my mate was walking back from uni at that time and was home by 1pm.

But as I say it's not the engineers' fault if there are too many appointments booked.

Chrysalis
23-08-2005, 22:10
also sign of too few engineer's ntl get employing.

jonbr
24-08-2005, 07:56
I think it is about time NTL changed how they pay sales. They should only get the commision if the install goes with out a hitch of any kind. We'd all get a better sales service and NTL would save almost - sorry meant to say would save - 100% on commision payments.

And no, I'm trying to be funny, I mean it :)

spike7451
24-08-2005, 08:15
also sign of too few engineer's ntl get employing.

And my dept is being made redundent mid Sept as the contractors are cheaper.
Spike

Bill C
24-08-2005, 08:28
I think it is about time NTL changed how they pay sales. They should only get the commision if the install goes with out a hitch of any kind. We'd all get a better sales service and NTL would save almost - sorry meant to say would save - 100% on commision payments.

And you have full view of every sale that is made and then follow through every install. You must have to make a statement like that.

I take it you have a had a problem and are making sure everyone is made aware of it :)

Bill C
24-08-2005, 12:43
Originally Posted by jonbr

And you have full view of every sale that is made and then follow through every install. You must have to make a statement like that.

I take it you have a had a problem and are making sure everyone is made aware of it :)

Still waiting for a answer to you statement. Or will we be waiting till the next time you have a fault and you decided to have a pop at anything NTL. :rolleyes:

rocambolesque
29-08-2005, 00:49
May I ask is it possible to arrange ntl installation on a Saturday or Sunday, perhaps for an extra fee?

Bill C
29-08-2005, 01:05
May I ask is it possible to arrange ntl installation on a Saturday or Sunday, perhaps for an extra fee?

I know that here in the North West you can have a Saturday install but not a Sunday. I don't think you pay anymore for a Saturday install. Hope that helps

rocambolesque
29-08-2005, 01:37
Thanks!

spike7451
29-08-2005, 10:37
Our contractors work Saturdays ,but as it's a 5 day week,the workforce has to be split to cover 6 days.And with regards to installing on a Sunday,We do have a life too & familes.Would you like to work 3 days during the week & then all weekend & not see your families much just so someone can have a b***** cable tv or internet installed!?

rocambolesque
29-08-2005, 18:16
Good point and well made!