PDA

View Full Version : Where you fooled?

iadom
07-10-2003, 17:09
My daughter watched this and was convinced it was kosher, I did not watch it because I was sure it would be a con, wait till she comes home.:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3169388.stm

gazzae
07-10-2003, 17:13
Did people actually think it was for real?
Of course it was a trick!
I mean do you think illusionists actually make people disappear or actually saw people in half?

iadom
07-10-2003, 17:22
Did people actually think it was for real?
Of course it was a trick!
I mean do you think illusionists actually make people disappear or actually saw people in half?Not me mate, but have you ever tried to argue with a woman who has made up her mind.:rolleyes:

carlingman
07-10-2003, 23:45
My daughter watched this and was convinced it was kosher, I did not watch it because I was sure it would be a con, wait till she comes home.:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3169388.stm

Well reading the article nice to see the Jersey Police seem to be as bright as the British Police.

Even if the Gun was carrying a Blank at close range it would have ripped half his face off or possible more.

:)

Ramrod
07-10-2003, 23:57
Well reading the article nice to see the Jersey Police seem to be as bright as the British Police.

Even if the Gun was carrying a Blank at close range it would have ripped half his face off or possible more.

:)
Thats what I was thinking. At that range blanks are as dangerous as bullets. Personally, I think that he did do it honestly. He isn't an illusionist, he is a psychologist (of sorts)

deadite66
08-10-2003, 06:40
just becouse we heard a bang it didn't have to come from the gun.

gazzae
08-10-2003, 08:59
Yep, remember, did we actually see the guy put the bullet in the gun?

timewarrior2001
08-10-2003, 09:17
Remember a blank may mean a dud bullet, one that wont actually fire, not just your typical makes a bang blank.

Personally I fail to see what the illusion actually was, I admit I did not watch it, but playing russian roulette???? wheres the bloody illusion. Such an easy trick to pull if anyone was daft enough to beleive it then they should be locked up as a danger to themselves.

Ramrod
08-10-2003, 12:36
just becouse we heard a bang it didn't have to come from the gun.
There seemed to be a considerable recoil, implying that there was a charge in the gun.

timewarrior2001
08-10-2003, 13:36
There seemed to be a considerable recoil, implying that there was a charge in the gun.

Maybe that was the illusion, faking recoil wouldnt be too difficult.

smicer07
08-10-2003, 15:21
I thought it was superb entertainment.

Gogogo
08-10-2003, 15:51

I had no interest in such a stupid and ridiculous stunt. Perhaps he should try to enlist in the allied armed forces take himself to Iraq as a US or British soldier so that some terrorist **** can take a pot shot at him.

:eeek:

Steve H
08-10-2003, 16:08

Me too :)

Graham
08-10-2003, 21:18
I've heard of this and seen the "this sort of thing should be stopped" claims etc and frankly my response is "so what's new"?

Back in the 1980's on the Paul Daniels Magic Show, a German illusionist called Hans Moretti did a routine where a box of "live" bullets were mixed up with a box of "blank" bullets and then randomly loaded into a revolver.

He would then "use his psychic powers" to divine which chamber had a blank and which had a live bullet in and tell the marksman to shoot either at his (Moretti's) forehead or at a china plate. Of course he got them all right.

More recently Penn and Teller (US magicians) do a variant of the "catching a bullet in the mouth" where they *both* fire guns at each other etc.

Of course these are *all* tricks, just as Derren Brown's routine was a trick, it's just that Brown managed to get enough people to take up "anti" positions to give him lots of publicity and get a big audience for the show.

And that, of course, is the *real* trick!!