PDA

View Full Version : Online not working!

brooks111
13-07-2005, 20:32
When ever I try to play a game online it says that the ethiernet (yeh I know ive spelt that wrong) cable is not conected and to check them and try again, but they are plugged in. The enet light on my modem does not come on ethier. I use USB for the internet on my pc and there no problem with that, but whne I unplug it and plug in the ethiernet cable and turn the power off and on is doesnt work? Any suggestions? (Ive got a NTL 250 modem by the way)

MovedGoalPosts
13-07-2005, 20:37
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

Do you have ethernet on your PC. If so can you try connecting the PC that way, just so you can prove the connection.

Make sure when you swap around your connections you completely unplug the redundant one from the modem, and that both modem and PC/PS are unplugged from the mains. When rebooting, allow the modem to reboot first, then only power up either the PC, or PS, not both.

brooks111
13-07-2005, 20:44
My PC doesnt have any ethernet ports :( but ill try everthing else you said.

MovedGoalPosts
13-07-2005, 20:46
Can be as simple as a dud ethernet cable. If you have a spare try it on the PS and see.

brooks111
13-07-2005, 20:49
Ive tried with two differnt ones but im not sure if there both the right type. I know that one is because it came with the network adapter but the other one was being used to connect a PC to a massive network and when they got a wireless one they didnt need it anymore so I got given it.