PDA

View Full Version : LLU in my exchange

Angelus
12-07-2005, 00:34
Will my exchange (Selly oak) have LLU at any time

According to sam knows it serves 11,791 residential premises
483 non-residential premises

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=CMSEL (http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=CMSEL)

Thanks

Jon M
12-07-2005, 00:38
The question is best directed towards BT, AFAIK they don't publish their LLU schedule.

Secondly, an unbundled exchange is not useful by itself, it needs a franchise to get to that area and install their own epuipment. Again, not something easily pinned down.

Stuart
12-07-2005, 00:42
I think the way it works is that the ISPs wanting to unbundle an exchange notify BT, then BT are supposed to help them.

Unless a particular ISP asks, then BT probably don't know when they will unbundle an exchange

Jon M
12-07-2005, 00:42
If you have a preferred LLU provider, I suggest contacting them or looking around their website for information on your area. Most websites will have a postcode checker that will indicate LLU availability along with standard BB.

Ignition
12-07-2005, 00:49
Also worth mentioning that some exchanges aren't worth unbundling as they have a lack of room for equipment, so incur extra charges to unbundle, among other reasons.

BT should be offering 8Mbit downstream with 512k or 768k upstream depending on if you're a business or residential customer to all standard DSL enabled exchanges by November.

Their upgrades are already underway to enable this, and it's being trialled now.

Angelus
12-07-2005, 00:51
If you have a preferred LLU provider, I suggest contacting them or looking around their website for information on your area. Most websites will have a postcode checker that will indicate LLU availability along with standard BB.

Well samknows so no to all LLU providers which is why i asked

Will it be upgraded

Also worth mentioning that some exchanges aren't worth unbundling as they have a lack of room for equipment, so incur extra charges to unbundle, among other reasons.

BT should be offering 8Mbit downstream with 512k or 768k upstream depending on if you're a business or residential customer to all standard DSL enabled exchanges by November.

Their upgrades are already underway to enable this, and it's being trialled now.

But as you know my distance is a factor

makikomi
12-07-2005, 09:11
Do you know, I'm gonna have to read the titles more slowly.

I wanted to find out why Lulu was at the local exchange.

Weee-eeee-eeee-eeee-eeeee-eeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllll..... I'll get me coat.

:disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd: