PDA

View Full Version : Pipex Traffic Management

etccarmageddon
04-07-2005, 15:58
http://www.pipex.net/legal/changes-faq.php

apparently as reported in ADSLGUIDE, Pipex are now managing their traffic.

"...The User acknowledges that the availability of their PIPEX Service is also dependent upon reasonable usage of the network. The User further acknowledges that PIPEX reserves the right to manage the Traffic of those Customers whose usage PIPEX considers to be either not consistent with or appropriate for the Service to which they subscribe or detrimental to the other Users who share the network..."

Bifta
04-07-2005, 16:34
That's a shame, they're probably going to lose a lot of customers now, it's all very well offering people an unlimited service but degrading their transfer fee's is taking the proverbial. I'll be moving off them to Zen at the end of next month.

Neil
04-07-2005, 16:54
That's a shame, they're probably going to lose a lot of customers now, it's all very well offering people an unlimited service but degrading their transfer fee's is taking the proverbial. I'll be moving off them to Zen at the end of next month.

Don't Pipex own Zen?

Bifta
04-07-2005, 16:58
Don't Pipex own Zen?

Nope, not last time I looked

Ignition
04-07-2005, 17:37
Don't Pipex own Zen?

Nah Pipex own Nildram.

NB Nildram have a quota of 50GB/month of 'peak time' (8am-midnight) bandwidth, go over this you get slowed to 64kbps until the end of the month or you pay per GB at the rate of 99p/GB, charged in advance in 2GB chunks.

Chrysalis
04-07-2005, 22:41
Nildram policy is reasonable since its on peak only, although I think their per gig charge is heavy although BT wholesale are to blame for that.