PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no NTL BB for Irby & Upton,Wirral

NEONKNIGHT
01-10-2003, 16:33
Could anyone please tell me why there is still no NTL Broadband Services for all of the Wirral? The exact area's are for Irby and Upton on the Wirral. All the surrounding area's have been upgraded to BB for a number of years already.

Cheers.

Nemesis
01-10-2003, 17:07
Could anyone please tell me why there is still no NTL Broadband Services for all of the Wirral? The exact area's are for Irby and Upton on the Wirral. All the surrounding area's have been upgraded to BB for a number of years already.

Cheers.
You telling me that the Ford and noccy estates have got it ?

Florence
01-10-2003, 17:23
Perhaps the daily fee of Barcley Knapp of over £3000 a day has sometehing to do with it..for the next year.

Dooby
02-10-2003, 10:09
is it that the area is cabled but doesnt have broadband, or does it not have cable at all?

NEONKNIGHT
02-10-2003, 12:55
is it that the area is cabled but doesnt have broadband, or does it not have cable at all?

After some investigating, not all of the Wirral is cabled. No new cabling work has been done for several years - so if you have not got any cable in your road now, you will not be getting any in the forseable future. :(

Chris
02-10-2003, 13:39
You telling me that the Ford and noccy estates have got it ?
You're out of touch! 'Ford' is now 'Beechwood' (a rose by any other name .... ;) ) I'd be surprised if those estates have got BB; they're not interested in something you can't steal. (JOKE, right? I have family in both :D )

As for why Irby and Upton have missed out, I can't possibly imagine. Might have a better chance of a guess if I knew if there were any other parts of the Wirral that still aren't upgraded? I mean, I'd be surprised if those areas were ever cabled at all, let alone upgraded. I used to live in Meols and I don't think our old house has cable to this day. Yet my sister's redbrick terrace in Rock Ferry has cable.

BBKing
02-10-2003, 19:21
Slightly off topic, the latest EP by that pride of the Wirral, Half Man Half Biscuit contains the line 'next door's NTL' when discussing the dodgy ripped off goods you can purchase from a man who has such things. Probably the only reference to NTL in popular music, although someone will prove me wrong no doubt.

Dupre
07-10-2003, 01:20
they probably DID have it, but you know the wirral ;-) some sod probably nicked it.

blackthorn
07-10-2003, 08:29
Off Topic as well but have you noticed how we can laugh and make jokes about ourselves in this part of the country (I live on the wirral as well). Thats why we have the best sense of humour in the country up here.

Stuart
07-10-2003, 09:22
they probably DID have it, but you know the wirral ;-) some sod probably nicked it.
Maybe that happened in London as well.

BBKing
07-10-2003, 19:51
Thats why we have the best sense of humour in the country up here

We used to have the best sense of humour down here, but some bstard scouser nicked it.

Dupre
07-10-2003, 22:12
Off Topic as well but have you noticed how we can laugh and make jokes about ourselves in this part of the country (I live on the wirral as well). Thats why we have the best sense of humour in the country up here.

Where you get your name from? the Road or the Ultima Online Character?

and im from the wirral myself ;-) and i goto uni in liverpool