PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist for live

Exulus
24-06-2003, 12:02
Thought it would be cool to hear some suggestions on what you think live should include :)

Personally i think there should be a "reason for decline" part for declinging an invite, when people send me invites and i decline them they might think im being rude, whereas i just dont own the game!

Over to you :)

eddie00001
24-06-2003, 12:03
I've thought the same thing too.

Caspar
24-06-2003, 12:11
ditto....and I'm sure that this will be in the new dashbaord update :D

NEONKNIGHT
24-06-2003, 12:50
How about an 'in game view' of your friends on-line accessable from the dashboard. Thinking of along the lines of 'picture within picture' that you can get on some televisions.

Caspar
24-06-2003, 13:11
I don't think the dashboard shows which game your friends are playing.....so that would be nice.

Saying that I'm rarely at the dashboard!

eddie00001
24-06-2003, 13:14
Also, when you do go into your friends list, you see your friend playing RTCW for example, sometimes it only gives you the option to remove them from you list, rather than say something like there's no available space in the game.

Ste Riley
24-06-2003, 13:33
Originally posted by Caspar
I don't think the dashboard shows which game your friends are playing.....so that would be nice.

Saying that I'm rarely at the dashboard!

You must be only rarely in the dashboard, if you look at your friends list on the dashboard you can see what they are playing and if they are joinable matey! :D ;)

I've heard and I think that goes for a lot of us here that there will be built in chat lobbies when the new update comes so that we all have somewhere to gather before and after games. That should be a god send. Plus we'll be able to speak to other friends who are not playing the same game as us through the friends list!

I'd like to see the Xbox Live introduction screen dumped or maked skipable as well. Gets on my tits.

Pompey1
24-06-2003, 14:21
A sound when you are sent an invite, so that if you are wrapped up in a game it catches your attention better than the icon you get at the moment.

Caspar
24-06-2003, 14:24
Originally posted by Pompey1
A sound when you are sent an invite, so that if you are wrapped up in a game it catches your attention better than the icon you get at the moment.

In MM3..when you get a game invite it displays a 'massive' logo on screen, it's tucked away...but you wouldn't miss it!

Also...MM3...when you get a invite...it says:

"Pompey1 want to play MM3", for example

I got confused when I first saw this and thought it implied that pompey1, for example, want to play in my game....so I accepted it..and off I was whisked to his game.....

it should say:

"Pompey1 wants you to play MM3", instead! IMO

XiceWolf
24-06-2003, 15:03
Text messages along with the invites would be cool.
Example: Caspar get your a$$ over onto SoF2 :P

abzorba
24-06-2003, 15:15
Originally posted by XiceWolf
Text messages along with the invites would be cool.
Example: Caspar get your a$$ over onto SoF2 :P

Originally posted by IGN

What is Xbox Live Now?

Xbox Live Now will change the main interface of Xbox Live so that you won't have to be playing an Xbox Live game to interact with your friends, check messages or manage your downloadable content. It takes the lobby concept of online games and extracts it directly onto your Xbox so you get all of the functionality of communicating with your online buddies and your Xbox Live account itself but without the pressure of knowing you have to hop in a game at any second. Xbox Live Now will be backwards compatible so that you'll be able to manage your downloaded content for MechAssault or Ghost Recon when this new feature becomes available sometime in 2004.

What is Xbox Live Web?

Live Web will allow you to interact with your Xbox Live account from your PC. You'll be able to set up tournaments, check statistics and send messages in a way that's familiar. Dedicated web sites for both Xbox Live Web and XSN (the sports themed version) will be accessible to Xbox Live gamers using their gamertags to log on. This feature should work hand in hand with Xbox Live Alerts, the messaging service that will allow you to send instant messages to your online gaming buddies over a variety of devices using MSN Messenger technology. The idea here is to get the trash-talking started over IM and PDAs before you get to the main course online. Expect Live Web and Alerts to hit in 2004.

:D :D

abzorba
24-06-2003, 15:26
Good stuff for you Clanners.

Originally posted by Microsoft Corp Press Release
Teams and Competition. New features on Xbox Live will make it easy for gamers to form teams with friends, and create and participate in structured competitions on the Web and in games.

Caspar
24-06-2003, 15:30
All sounds good...but what about costs??

Will 'we' have to pay extra (on top of the XBL sub) to text to a phone?

Boom
24-06-2003, 15:55
What do I want with LIVE?

A real-life female Swedish masseuse who can take away those painful finger aches from mashing the buttons on my controller and the headset ear-cramp I get. She's got to be in the same league as this lot. (http://www.muellertourney.com/tournament2003.asp)

Doctor E
24-06-2003, 16:00
The inconsistency in freinds handling is a pain. The dasboard is great, but can you send a game invite through it?. Each game also seems to handle friends differently. And don't get me started on the GR lobby.

Nige.

zoombini
24-06-2003, 16:11
Given that the friend feature is such a big part of XBL, quicker access to it would be good.

It takes 15 key presses in GR to get to it.
Too many.

The ability to send an IM to people "in game" would be good.
That way you can ask them if they want to join a game etc without getting them kicked out of thier current game etc.

Map editors & the ability to transfer them to others.
This would allow those that are good at that to create whole new maps for team games etc.

"Deny by region" & "deny by age" options to prevent the annoying yank kids joining ifthats what you wish.

Caspar
24-06-2003, 16:18
Originally posted by Boom
A real-life female Swedish masseuse who can take away those painful finger aches from mashing the buttons on my controller and the headset ear-cramp I get. She's got to be in the same league as this lot. (http://www.muellertourney.com/tournament2003.asp)

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Boom
24-06-2003, 16:21
No thanks Cas. Though I hear Xicey's been on the lookout for some rent-boys.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Caspar
24-06-2003, 16:24
No thanks Cas. Though I hear Xicey's been on the lookout for some rent-boys.

Boom....get over yourself!....I was :kiss: the girles on your link!

p.s. it would surprise me about Xice btw!

XiceWolf
24-06-2003, 17:28
Blowing your head off 2nite in Sof2 is going to be xtra fun !!

scotsbraveheart
25-06-2003, 14:21
Originally posted by abzorba
Good stuff for you Clanners.

wern't they the little mice things who lived on the moon?
or was that clangers?

Boom
26-06-2003, 16:33
One of the better things I've seen M$ talk about is the "Aware" thing for XBL. So that if you're playing offline in a game that's offline only, you can let people online see you're playing on the Xbox, but are available to join an online game and accept a game invite.

Caspar
26-06-2003, 18:46
One of the better things I've seen M$ talk about is the "Aware" thing for XBL. So that if you're playing offline in a game that's offline only, you can let people online see you're playing on the Xbox, but are available to join an online game and accept a game invite.

Hasn't MM3 got this...it allows you to login without going into LIVE?

XiceWolf
26-06-2003, 18:53
ye it does, i wondered why i got an invite when i was tryin the single player :D

Tezcatlipoca
26-06-2003, 21:41
Originally posted by scotsbraveheart
wern't they the little mice things who lived on the moon?
or was that clangers?

http://www.clangers.co.uk/img/mjrckn.jpg

GR did too. You could log-in to the game & play the sp.

zoombini
27-06-2003, 08:57
I just thought of another handly little feature in it.

A clock...

An alarm clock.
Comes on and advises you that this is the last game and kicks you off (nicely) when that game ends.

So you can set a time to finish playing and not have "just one more game" theron playing till the early hours end being cream crackered at work the next day.

Either that or an automatic excuse generator that rings work up and tells them why your not going in today (due to being asleep in bed after having only 3 hours sleep!)

Boom
27-06-2003, 09:37
Yes, but how about if you're playing Halo, SC, or BF? You would still be able to be seen as online and receive game invites.

Caspar
27-06-2003, 09:44
Yes, but how about if you're playing Halo, SC, or BF? You would still be able to be seen as online and receive game invites.

Indeed...that will be cool :D ...my point is that they've already realeased they XBL aware games :)

Boom
27-06-2003, 09:58
Yes, but from what I read (maybe I mis-understood?), it won't matter that the game isn't self-aware (like Halo or SC).

By some means the Xbox/your account will be logged in, you can play your offline game, and receive invites through the Xbox.

Boom
27-06-2003, 10:01
Oops...my bad. You're correct. After a lengthy search for the article, it does say the game must be an "aware title", so it wouldn't work for Halo or SC. This is the article (http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/About/Features-LiveAware.htm).

So I guess my wishlist is just to log on via Xbox dashboard and remain logged on while playing Halo or another old title!

Caspar
27-06-2003, 10:28
Oops...my bad. You're correct. After a lengthy search for the article, it does say the game must be an "aware title", so it wouldn't work for Halo or SC. This is the article (http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/About/Features-LiveAware.htm).

So I guess my wishlist is just to log on via Xbox dashboard and remain logged on while playing Halo or another old title!

Is this feature relevant...since it's not out for another year or so...I can't see us playing Halo1...or any of the current titles....we grew out of RtCW within a month!!! :spin:

Boom
27-06-2003, 10:39
I still play games like Rallisport Challenge, Deathrow, and when I get round to it PDO. With system link when I have my brother or mates over, then I'm playing Halo, Deathrow, or TS2.

I'm holding on to those games, but I want the option to be pulled out of it when someone's online.

Still looking forward to the instant messaging which should make getting in contact much easier.

Caspar
27-06-2003, 10:44
Still looking forward to the instant messaging which should make getting in contact much easier.

True....the form of this IM worries me....esp about paying subs for sending SMS to people, or something...

...we've already got IM through MSN...you don't use it though :confused:

Boom
27-06-2003, 10:47
What a fee? Didn't know that. Screw that. I'd rather just hand out my mobile number to you guys.

True....the form of this IM worries me....esp about paying subs for sending SMS to people, or something...

...we've already got IM through MSN...you don't use it though :confused:

Boom
27-06-2003, 10:48
Oh and I do use MSN. Try jpbewers@hotmail.com.

Boom
27-06-2003, 10:49
Ooops....just realised you have it already!

Caspar
27-06-2003, 10:50
Oh and I do use MSN. Try jpbewers@hotmail.com.

Oh that's you is it!!!!

:o

zoombini
27-06-2003, 13:53
Have MS published anywhere any detailed info about the new dashboard, other than just basic concept??

Also when is it going to appear?

Box Master 247
07-03-2004, 16:50
it would be great to have a webcam, but it would hog a lot of the bandwith goin to the actuall game:( u would need 1/2mps probably

grindkid25
07-03-2004, 17:34
yes, for a good frame rate........:monkey:

kRAyZZed
07-03-2004, 17:35
absoloutely pointless. no reason. no purpose. people have live for gaming not to stare at others

awwww but what about mooning the losers?????

Daniel davies
07-03-2004, 19:00
abzorba. great TITS.

grindkid25
07-03-2004, 20:37
he he he yeah

Ricky G
08-03-2004, 10:02
It would be cool if you could upload your picture/photo to the XBox website. this could appear next to your gamer tag in game for others to see.

Actually, thats a cr*p idea. You can tell its Monday morning.....