PDA

View Full Version : ntl Freedom customers.

Caspar
30-09-2003, 23:34
Some new info about some products launching on 1st October for ntl Freedom customers.

Freedom Choice - £15 of calls and PAYG internet from 1ppm for just £9.99 per month.

Freedom Classic - £15 of calls and Free unmetered internet access for only £15 per month (this is the deal they have now)

Freedom Unlimited - Free UK national and local calls every evening and weekend, unmetered internet access and free international calling plan for only £18.99 per month!

Freedom Unlimited 24/7 - Free UK national and loca calls, anywhere, anytime and Free unmetered internet access and a free international calling plan for only £28.99 per month!!

Defiant
30-09-2003, 23:50
Freedom Free - No NTL phoneline :)

downquark1
01-10-2003, 07:57
I take it this is dial up.

Graham F
01-10-2003, 08:57
Ntl freedom only offers dial up at the moment but i have heard rumuors that ADSL is coming in the first half of next year ;)

NDT4U
26-11-2003, 20:59
Ntl freedom only offers dial up at the moment but i have heard rumuors that ADSL is coming in the first half of next year ;)

This is indeed true when exactly is not known sometime 2004 it is live for some buisness users

Graham F
26-11-2003, 21:01
This is indeed true when exactly is not known sometime 2004 it is live for some buisness users

I have heard that it will be in Q1/Q2 2004

NDT4U
27-11-2003, 17:11
I have heard that it will be in Q1/Q2 2004

lets hope so but its only in the 512k guise not as per cable speeds of 600/1000k

zendawn
28-11-2003, 16:13
It sounds like a good deal but I gather you can only do it if you pay by Direct Debit?
Also can they tie in your existing Dial up account or do you have to start another?
At the moment my Dial up is seperate from my NTL:Home account and from passed experience if you get into debt (by accident :) ) on the phone bill, they close both the phone and TV account, so would they also close the Dial up account?
Cheer

Zendawn

mmm
08-12-2003, 21:59
Freedom Free - No NTL phoneline :)

Its not for ntl custoners...

Unfortunately your home is not currently in an ntl:home cabled area. However, you can still take advantage of our great value Freedom products, which are available to anyone in the UK who has a BT phone line.

For just £15 per month, ntl:freedom provides you with £15 worth of calls and UNLIMITED Dial up Internet access - and if you order now, youââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll save £9.99 on the installation cost! You canââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t lose!

luci5
14-12-2003, 02:43
Hi peeps, great site, wish I'd found it ages ago. :tu:

I'm located in NE Scotland and am on the Freedom Classic option. Had no choice as it took over my pc and wouldn't let me do anything until I'd installed it. Had problems connecting when it was first installed in mid-October. Have made several calls to their Customer Services, soonest call has been answered is 25 mins and advice didn't resolve problem. Worst was being held on the phone waiting for an adviser for 50 mins, and paying for the privilege, before I gave up in disgust.

I am now having frequent problems with the constantly engaged tone. Now I know I'm not alone after finding this site.

I have tried for up to 1/2 an hour before giving up and connecting to my other isp (what am I paying ntl for?) Have emailed them, but haven't received a reply as yet. Anyone know how long it takes them to reply?

As my local exchange has recently been enabled for BB, I am seriously considering cancelling ntl and going with Pipex. However I noticed on this thread that Freedom BB is going be be available first half of next year. Does anyone know if this will only be available for cable customers or whether the rest of us will be able to use it?

Thanks.

Oz_Arnold
16-12-2003, 20:56
I am now having frequent problems with the constantly engaged tone. Now I know I'm not alone after finding this site.

I have tried for up to 1/2 an hour before giving up and connecting to my other isp (what am I paying ntl for?) Have emailed them, but haven't received a reply as yet. Anyone know how long it takes them to reply?

As my local exchange has recently been enabled for BB, I am seriously considering cancelling ntl and going with Pipex. However I noticed on this thread that Freedom BB is going be be available first half of next year. Does anyone know if this will only be available for cable customers or whether the rest of us will be able to use it?

Thanks.

I'm in Southern England and we went through phases of not getting any dialup between 6pm and 10pm any weeknights and intermittent weekend connections for weeks on end. As I was getting increasing frustrated with the analogue cable service, I've decided to ditch NTL and go for PlusNet broadband on a BT line. BT are not cheap for phone calls so do consider using a someone like OneTel with their prefix for cheaper calls, and you'll see the bills come down. I would advise not to go with Pipex for broadband - they don't have any entirely happy customer base, as I found out when making enquiries whden I was looking.

Hope this helps - sorry I've not been able to add any Freedom BB info though. I don't know anything about it.

Oz_Arnold
16-12-2003, 22:02
I would advise not to go with Pipex for broadband - they don't have any entirely happy customer base, as I found out when making enquiries whden I was looking.

Just to clarify, before I get loads of flaming, this is the response I got from people I asked. I don't know exactly when they had Pipex BB but they did and weren't that impressed. A couple of mods have it here and they seem very happy with it as a whole, so it's subjective I guess. It's early days still but I've not had any problems with my provider but I'm sure there are people who have. You pay your money and make your choice... :)

Shaun
16-12-2003, 22:05

Thanks.

Take the BB through your BT line, I wouldn't trust Ntl to look after my goldfish (if I had one) let alone a BB service. Learn form our mistakes and run for the hills ;)

themelon
16-12-2003, 22:58
lets hope so but its only in the 512k guise not as per cable speeds of 600/1000k

Why not?? It would be a good idea, faster speeds than ADSL for downloading on standard service good competition I say!

themelon
16-12-2003, 23:03
Just to clarify, before I get loads of flaming, this is the response I got from people I asked. I don't know exactly when they had Pipex BB but they did and weren't that impressed. A couple of mods have it here and they seem very happy with it as a whole, so it's subjective I guess. It's early days still but I've not had any problems with my provider but I'm sure there are people who have. You pay your money and make your choice... :)

One clarification that must be made......I have tried at work numerous Broadband services on ADSL and NONE of them are perfect in anyway, in fact I very much doubt a Perfect ISP exists in this country because our infastructure is pants.

Take the BB through your BT line, I wouldn't trust Ntl to look after my goldfish (if I had one) let alone a BB service. Learn form our mistakes and run for the hills ;)

Not always possible, living less than 1 mile from an exchange, my crackly old BT line wasnt capable of running ADSL Because of noise what a pile of terd!! Thank god for ntl!!

Incidently I always find ntls service (whether im lucky or not) *Generally* far more reliable and speedy than anything ive experienced on any ADSL provider.

luci5
07-01-2004, 13:54
Thanks folks and sorry for the delay in acknowledging your replies, but I've hardly been on the PC recently due to personal circumstances.

Still haven't received a reply from ntl and don't know if things have improved in the past month with only being on the PC a couple of times. Following your comments, will stick with status quo at the moment rather than jump. Too much else going on.

From what I've read (not a lot I admit) I believe Pipex were pretty unreliable a couple of years ago, but have seen glowing reports from more recent converts.

mrjed
08-01-2004, 13:28
im sure this has been asked a million times before but does anyone have the ntl offnet "freedom" dialup isp numbers?

cheers

luci5
10-01-2004, 16:38
I finally received a letter today in response to the email I sent at the beginning of December about not being able to connect. There is no address or telephone number on either the letter or the envelope, but it is postmarked Basingstoke, Hants. It states,

"I can assure you the NTL aims to provide and maintain a high level of service at all times and in doing so, treats every customer concern seriously. Please accept my apologies if you feel this has not been the case.

Once we have investigated this issue we will contact you in order to gain a resolution and bring this matter to a close."

I have been back using the PC in the past few days, after a break of about 3 weeks, and have been able to connect each time. I just hope that saying this doesn't tempt providence. Prior to this I was having to try repeatedly for up to half an hour before giving up and trying my alternative ISP.