PDA

View Full Version : Trouble plaing games online, can you help?

dudson
27-06-2005, 18:39
Hi, I am having trouble playing games online with my PS2.

I have a router and have managed to set my account fine, I can connect to Central Station and have got my PIN through the post and have registered online with central station. I can play the 'Hardware' shoot-em-up in a tank game which comes with the network access disk. However, when I put any other PS2 game in and try to connect it comes back with an error message or never connects, I have tried Star Wars Battlefront, Ghost Recon Jungle Storm, and Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30, but I can't get a connection.
Is there something I am missing?! Can anyone help?

Thanks, Anthony

MovedGoalPosts
27-06-2005, 20:09
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

Can you get a connection without your router, i.e. the PS2 plugged directly to your modem/stb, no other devices PC or router connected to the modem/stb. Remember to reboot (power off and on the modem/stb and PS2 when you swap it over. Doing so will at least establish if it's the router causing issues or not.

You may want to check your router and ensure it has any necessary ports through a firewall open.

dudson
28-06-2005, 02:16
My router doesn't have a firewall, but i shall try plugging my PS2 straight into my modem to see if that works!

Anthony

dudson
28-06-2005, 22:16
Yeh, it seems to work fine when I plug it directly into my modem, at least I know where there problem is now!

Thanks for your help!
Anthony

paulyoung666
28-06-2005, 22:40
what make / model of router is it :)