PDA

View Full Version : Bilsdale

Bob
20-06-2005, 10:45
There really is no suitable area for this, so I thought a TV forum would be best :)

I have had no terrestrial TV reception at home today, and I have spoken to other people and they were having the same problem.

A relative went to work and was informed that Pontop Pike had been struck by lightening and that was the cause of the problem. There is no time scale for restoration.

Just thought people would like to know :)

Interestingly Freeview is still working though!

Flubflow
20-06-2005, 11:18
Yep, it seems the digitial transmitter was not affected but terrestrial analogue has been down on Bilsdale since the storms on Sunday afternoon.
Bilsdale seems to be working fine now. Dunno about Pontop Pike (I thought Billingham viewers would be using Bilsdale though?).

altis
20-06-2005, 11:22
And as reported by the Beeb:
Due to severe weather conditions yesterday in the north Yorkshire moors, analogue television services from the Bilsdale transmitter are currently off-air. This affects an area around Middlesborough, Harrogate, Bishop Auckland, Hartlepool, and York. Engineers have been working all night to restore service and will continue their efforts today, although damage to the local roads and infrastructure is delaying their work. We hope to have some television service back on-air later today. The BBC's digital radio, national FM radio and DTT services are unaffected by this current problem, as is 95 FM Radio Cleveland.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/transmitters/today.shtml

Bob
20-06-2005, 11:25
Thanks Altis :)

I was always confused as to whcih transmitter I was, and I have checked and its Bilsdale :)

nffc
20-06-2005, 11:45
The DTV is on separate masts lower down the mast- that's pretty standard and the reason why :)