PDA

View Full Version : The Beer Belly Myth

Defiant
27-09-2003, 11:30
Knocking back the pints won't make you fat, scientists have discovered.

And women who drink beer can actually lose weight!

British scientists studied 2,500 drinkers aged between 25 and 64 in the lager-loving Czech Republic.

Their research, published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, concluded that drinking the occasional half-a-dozen pints won't mean piling on the pounds.

Study author Martin Bobak said the results showed no link between beer intake and body mass index in men, while women who drank more showed a slight weight reduction.

The Campaign for Real Ale (Camra) said: "This is great news for beer drinkers.

"The fact remains that real ale contains no fat and no cholesterol. We'll certainly be raising a glass."

Oh yes

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12804636,00.html

Maggy
27-09-2003, 11:46
I'm suspicious about this.The only person I know who maintains their weight whilst drinking beer is my husband and he substitutes beer for meals.:D

Incog.:)

homealone
27-09-2003, 12:17
Originally posted by Incognitas
I'm suspicious about this.The only person I know who maintains their weight whilst drinking beer is my husband and he substitutes beer for meals.:D

Incog.:)

lol - I'm inclined to think the beer belly is as much to do with a sedentary lifestyle & the curry/kebab/pizza on the way home, as anything.

couch potato + junk food + beer = beer belly:D

idi banashapan
27-09-2003, 12:33
Originally posted by homealone
lol - I'm inclined to think the beer belly is as much to do with a sedentary lifestyle & the curry/kebab/pizza on the way home, as anything.

couch potato + junk food + beer = beer belly:D

agreed.

Bex
27-09-2003, 17:29
women can loose weight drinking beer......me think i am going to try a new diet ;)

Taf
27-09-2003, 17:57
I gain weight NOT drinking beer.... so I'd better get off the wagon ASAP......

Atomic22
27-09-2003, 20:06
yup it all sounds twaddle to me.....i shall carry on drinking beer though in the hope it makes me thinner
:devsmoke: