PDA

View Full Version : Problems using router with NTL Broadband

weemoore
08-06-2005, 00:16
Can someone please help!!!

I have NTL Broadband at home and I am trying to connect 2 pc's to share the connection. I bought a router (Toshiba Hotspot WRC-1000HS) and followed the installation instructions and got the PC's to work no problem. The only thing is that when I turn off the 2 computers and restart them agian, the internet connection wont work unless I reset the Router (the computers obtain an IP address from the router and work on the LAN).....then it works fine. Any ideas?

Toto
08-06-2005, 06:04
Yep, the router needs lookig at.

The router obtains a public IP address through its connection to the modem, but it is having a problem assigning private IP addresses to each of your PC's.

If you have software firewalls on each mahine, configure them to allow access to the IP range that the router uses to assign IP's to its LAN.....that could help. :)

Of course, there could be any number of internal settings on the router that could be at fault here. If this happens again, don't re-boot the router, log onto a command line and type "ipconfig /all", you should then see the IP address assigned to you by the router. If the address does not match the range that the router uses, then its the fault of the router.

I'm sure there is mre I can post here, but that is a start.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to the site as well. :)

weemoore
08-06-2005, 08:15
thanks for your reply. Will try this at some point today and let you know.

Cheers

zing_deleted
08-06-2005, 08:22
:welcome: to the forum hope you enjoy your stay

As said above make sure dhcp is selected and obtain ip automatically
most routers just work with cable modems but you do get the oddity