PDA

View Full Version : ftp details

sheep
25-09-2003, 18:01
I'm trying to ftp up to a new site of mine. However, I keep getting an error saying that it does not recognise my username or password.

I am entering the address ftp://accountusername:accountpassword@www.mydomain.com

I have done this many times onto ntl webspace but am now branching out into having my site hosted and a domain name for it.

All the confirmation has come through and I can access the site but there is only the folder list there as I cannot get anything uploaded.

I am working on the assumption that my ftp address that I am using is correct.

Can anybody help with this before I go nuts?

Sheep

Nemesis
25-09-2003, 18:03
Originally posted by sheep
I'm trying to ftp up to a new site of mine. However, I keep getting an error saying that it does not recognise my username or password.

I am entering the address ftp://accountusername:accountpassword@www.mydomain.com

I have done this many times onto ntl webspace but am now branching out into having my site hosted and a domain name for it.

All the confirmation has come through and I can access the site but there is only the folder list there as I cannot get anything uploaded.

I am working on the assumption that my ftp address that I am using is correct.

Can anybody help with this before I go nuts?

Sheep

The FTP address may not be the same, it's not under NTL. Email the host company and specifically ask.