PDA

View Full Version : the most expensive/valuable thing you have lost ?

kronas
05-06-2005, 20:24
well im reeling over the stupidity of losing £40 as i put it in to my pocket from the cashpoint and getting home to find it missing :erm: :mad: :(

whats the most expensive or valuable thing have you lost ?

Roy MM
05-06-2005, 20:26
My gran :bigcry:

Bex
05-06-2005, 20:26
well im reeling over the stupidity of losing £40 as i put it in to my pocket from the cashpoint and getting home to find it missing :erm: :mad: :(

that's not good. you never know you might find it :erm:

now i did think of a jokey response to this question but then i don't want to get told off by the mods ;)

Paul K
05-06-2005, 20:27
My virgini.... :erm: Lost my wallet once, had cash, provi license etc in it. Think there was about £60 in it at the time. Apart from that I'm pretty careful with my stuff ;)

kronas
05-06-2005, 20:29

now i did think of a jokey response to this question but then i don't want to get told off by the mods ;)

i spent half an hour retracing my steps.... i guess someone took it. :no: :cry:

its my first time because im usally so careful :)

Bex
05-06-2005, 20:29
My virgini.... :erm:

what's one of those paul ;)

well in a way kronie i know its a pain to lose the money but a friend of mine got mugged at a cash point the other day, so he lost £40 and got a good beating

Paul K
05-06-2005, 20:32

its my first time because im usally so careful :)
People hang around cashpoints for a reason Kronas, you'll probably never see that money again. Feel happy you didn't drop your card ;)

kronas
05-06-2005, 20:35
People hang around cashpoints for a reason Kronas, you'll probably never see that money again. Feel happy you didn't drop your card ;)

it was quiet but there are passers by... by the time i got there im sure someone would have grabbed it.

what's one of those paul ;)

well in a way kronie i know its a pain to lose the money but a friend of mine got mugged at a cash point the other day, so he lost £40 and got a good beating

im normally so careful though thats what gets me!

Bex
05-06-2005, 20:37
im normally so careful though thats what gets me!

my mate was careful, they didnt manage to get his phone or the cash point card... but it only takes some nutter to be passing by

Derek
05-06-2005, 20:37
A mobile whilst extremely drunk at a gig :erm:

Luckily it was only a motorola so it gave me a chance to get a decent phone.

Bex
05-06-2005, 20:39
A mobile whilst extremely drunk at a gig :erm:

Luckily it was only a motorola so it gave me a chance to get a decent phone.

oh yeah actually i got my mobile stolen from my bag when i was in a crappy club in woking, and i admit incredibly drunk... took my 24 hours to realise

kronas
05-06-2005, 20:40
my mate was careful, they didnt manage to get his phone or the cash point card... but it only takes some nutter to be passing by

well it happens all too much these days... if i see a group or someone loitering i use a diffarent one.

Kliro
05-06-2005, 20:51
My school-bag with all my notes etc in, money, housekeys, etc and most importantly my lunch!

bmxbandit
05-06-2005, 20:52
the one and only time ive had a fair amount of cash in my wallet (£120 or so, iirc), i got my head kicked in and wallet nicked :grind:

i never carry much cash now...

Ramrod
05-06-2005, 20:54
Sorry to hear that Kronas............has happened to all of us who have lived long enough. It's a really sickening feeling......... :(

cookie_365
05-06-2005, 20:54
Dunno - I'm so absent minded if I lose something I never notice it's gone ... :(

kronas
05-06-2005, 20:56
Sorry to hear that Kronas............has happened to all of us who have lived long enough. It's a really sickening feeling......... :(

no need to be sorry, i should have a wallet and pay more attention to where my hands go :erm: but having said that i tend to screw up a lot these days :(

Millay
05-06-2005, 21:00
Ive lost four mobile phones, loads of money, £20 in total last weekend whilst I was away. I lost my bike once, left it on the train, I got it back after it had been to brighton....

If its there to be lost I iwll loose it....

Bex
05-06-2005, 21:01
no need to be sorry, i should have a wallet and pay more attention to where my hands go :erm: but having said that i tend to screw up a lot these days :(

now kronas you can STOP IT right now. do not take this one incident and go on a downward spiral again.

you do not screw up and it does not mean anything if you do make mistakes, your a human for god sake and human beings make mistakes, but you need to learn from them not just sink

kronas
05-06-2005, 21:05
now kronas you can STOP IT right now. do not take this one incident and go on a downward spiral again.

you do not screw up and it does not mean anything if you do make mistakes, your a human for god sake and human beings make mistakes, but you need to learn from them not just sink

dont worry i wont, its a mixture of anger and a lot of damn it comments.

Bex
05-06-2005, 21:07
dont worry i wont, its a mixture of anger and a lot of damn it comments.

i promise you, you start getting all manic depressive again and i will beat your ass... so don't even think about it;) :p:

bmxbandit
05-06-2005, 21:08
i promise you, you start getting all manic depressive again and i will beat your ass... so don't even think about it;) :p:
now there's an offer... :naughty:

Bex
05-06-2005, 21:09
now there's an offer... :naughty:

orignially i said i'd whip his ass.... but rephrased it ;)

Angua
05-06-2005, 21:21
I'm messy so if anyone tidies up I cannot find anything. Trying the Omega 3 tablets to see if they help prevent more memory loss.:dozey:

gazzae
05-06-2005, 21:35
A pair of Oakley sunglasses.

kronas
05-06-2005, 21:44

ooooooooooer can i have some if that phowar :D :p: ;)

dilli-theclaw
05-06-2005, 21:45
The most expensive (material) thing I've lost is a tv.

I hasten to add it was a pocket tv :)

Bex
05-06-2005, 21:48
The most expensive (material) thing I've lost is a tv.

I hasten to add it was a pocket tv :)

i was going to say how did you lose a tv....

and kronie, only if you're a very good boy ;)

kronas
05-06-2005, 21:53
and kronie, only if you're a very good boy ;)

oh im always good, in the naughty sense :D

ZrByte
05-06-2005, 22:11
I lost my scooter once. I parked it a fair distance away from where I was going and walked the rest of the way. It was only when I was going to make my way back to the bike that I realised I had forgotten where I had parked the damn thing. Took about an hour of wandering around aimlessley before I found it :D

And the best of it is that im normally so mindful of these things, I rareley forget anything important. Teach me to go for a ride just after waking up, parking in an area im not used to and not taking a mental note of where I am :D .

danielf
05-06-2005, 22:38

Are you sure you put it in your pockect? I once forgot to take the money out of the cash point (stressful day). :dunce: I arrived at a shop confident I had money, only to find my wallet was empty... I called the bank, and they said that if the money is not taken out within 20 secs. or so, the machine will swallow it. I had to contact the branch, and the money had been swallowed by the machine, so it was credited to my account.

The most valuable thing I lost was a photo camera worth around £300. I had borrowed it off someone for a vacation, and left it in a pub, as I don't usually carry one around. Most embarrassing.

Raistlin
05-06-2005, 22:40
My Marbles.....

kronas
05-06-2005, 22:47
Are you sure you put it in your pockect? I once forgot to take the money out of the cash point (stressful day). :dunce: I arrived at a shop confident I had money, only to find my wallet was empty... I called the bank, and they said that if the money is not taken out within 20 secs. or so, the machine will swallow it. I had to contact the branch, and the money had been swallowed by the machine, so it was credited to my account.

The most valuable thing I lost was a photo camera worth around £300. I had borrowed it off someone for a vacation, and left it in a pub, as I don't usually carry one around. Most embarrassing.

oh yes i remember rolling it up and putting it in my pocket, what happened between just after that and me getting home remains a mystery, but obviusly we know that concolusively that the money was dropped somewhere.

Maggy
05-06-2005, 22:58
I lost a family heirloom.It was a multigold victorian pin that belonged to my great,great grandmother.. :bigcry:

Escapee
05-06-2005, 23:17
When I was young and immature (now old and immature) I lost a months wages in cash !!! :Yikes:

I did lose some money last year, I was in a seedy bar in Cardiff when two women started touching me up. The one pushed me into the corner with her friend and they both had their hands all over me....... I lost about £30 with that cheap thrill!

I thought I was being clever, cos I wondered if they were prostitutes and I was trying to make it look like I had consumed a bit more alcohol than I really had. I thought I would lead them on and let them think they were onot a good thing.

My fault for trying to be clever I suppose :D

Halcyon
05-06-2005, 23:36
I've lost a couple of £10 before which made me deeply mad as I really wanted to go out and buy some new music.
not lost anything major I think, though I have left shops having left my umbrella there a couple of times.

Mal
05-06-2005, 23:40
Went on holiday and on the way home, lost my wallet with my credit/debit cards in and some travellers cheques. Had to go to police station to report them lost as the banks asked for it, before they would replace them. :(

kronas
05-06-2005, 23:50
looks lke quite a few of you here have had it worse than me.....

lol@escapee :D

Graham
06-06-2005, 00:34
I haven't lost my mind...

... it's backed up on tape, somewhere... :D

greencreeper
06-06-2005, 00:39
My youth :cry:

kronas
06-06-2005, 00:41
I haven't lost my mind...

... it's backed up on tape, somewhere... :D

dont you mean a computer :D

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/05/23/brain.download/

:D :erm:

AndrewJ
06-06-2005, 00:47
I once lost a mates car at Trafford Centre, I forgot what make it was ( american car ) did not know its USA plate, and to make it worse there was a USA Car carnival further into Manchester so a few had stopped for something to eat.

5hours later we found it, me rather embarassed though as security laughed.

bopdude
06-06-2005, 01:50
My sanity for 2 years, I think, still have no recollection of a lot of it, but me being me, i had fun loosing it :disturbd:

Angua
06-06-2005, 09:09
My youth :cry:

As far as I'm concerned you haven't lost it yet.

Marge
06-06-2005, 09:25
Bits of my memory from Saturday night :erm: :D :D

orangebird
06-06-2005, 09:27
My house and car keys, whilst drunk on a long weekend in antoher country.... House keys weren't a problem, but the car was parked at the airport I was flying back to.... :rolleyes:

ian@huth
06-06-2005, 10:07
My house and car keys, whilst drunk on a long weekend in antoher country.... House keys weren't a problem, but the car was parked at the airport I was flying back to.... :rolleyes:Your house? :Yikes: Pictures of getting home and finding just a concrete slab in the garden where the house should be. :D

Once thought that I had lost my wallet with quite a lot in it. I thought that I had slipped it into my inside jacket pocket but it wasn't there. I had been wearing both a jacket and an overcoat. When I got home I took my overcoat off and discovered that I had slipped the wallet into the sleeve of the overcoat instead of the jacket pocket . :dunce: