PDA

View Full Version : ADSL (Who U Recomend)

JediMaster
01-06-2005, 12:14
Hi...

My brother does NOT have NTL. BT line & wants ADSL. Who would you recomend? More choice with ADSL than NTL line. But I saw Net4Nowt site no search or Filter option thee.

I want:
Cheap Monthly Fee (under £20)
Any speed (256+)
Good Service & Reliable

Cheers

I saw http://www.e7even.com/ but not sure if they good??

Chris
01-06-2005, 12:23
Hi...

My brother does NOT have NTL. BT line & wants ADSL. Who would you recomend? More choice with ADSL than NTL line. But I saw Net4Nowt site no search or Filter option thee.

I want:
Cheap Monthly Fee (under £20)
Any speed (256+)
Good Service & Reliable

Cheers

I saw http://www.e7even.com/ but not sure if they good??

It depend on what you want. Um heap big download allowance, no cap, or 1gb/month. You pay, you get. Why we talking like Sioux?

fireman328
01-06-2005, 12:36
It depend on what you want. Um heap big download allowance, no cap, or 1gb/month. You pay, you get. Why we talking like Sioux?

Is this the boy named Sue that Johnny Cash used to sing about ? (my dad used to tell me about him) :)

JediMaster
02-06-2005, 13:02
No Mass downloading. (like Films & MP3) Fast speed for Surfinf & the odd MP3 & emailing larger Pics (Digital)

Mostly used for Ebay, Shopping & email.

zoombini
02-06-2005, 13:40
Goin goff the last item of the list i'd go for Plusnet 2mb lite, however have a look at ADSLguide.org.uk & see whats been said there.
have a look at your top chosen ISP's and see whats going on in thier support forums.

Either way for what you say your wanting, the cheapest package & cap from any should suffice.

Saltank
03-06-2005, 12:12
Doing an overall research from adslguide.org rankings and what not, I came to conclude that Freedom2Surf, Zen, Plusnet, Pipex and Nildram are the best. Price wise and reliability/speed wise.

I've been on F2S adsl for all of last year and it has been great, a shame I switched to cable, I regret it.

JediMaster
04-06-2005, 17:28
Doing an overall research from adslguide.org rankings and what not, I came to conclude that Freedom2Surf, Zen, Plusnet, Pipex and Nildram are the best. Price wise and reliability/speed wise.

I've been on F2S adsl for all of last year and it has been great, a shame I switched to cable, I regret it.

Thanks for the Info

fudge
05-06-2005, 15:48
I have had BT dial up and Tiscali dial up and broad band , i am now on ntl broadband and so far ntl broad band is the best out of the three , What i like about it is your allways connected but with BT and Tiscali broad band you have to click on there icon to get connected each time unless you buy a router.

bontrager
05-06-2005, 15:51
zen are very very reliable, not the cheapest mind, but they do offer short contracts and static IPs

JediMaster
06-06-2005, 12:10
I have had BT dial up and Tiscali dial up and broad band , i am now on ntl broadband and so far ntl broad band is the best out of the three , What i like about it is your allways connected but with BT and Tiscali broad band you have to click on there icon to get connected each time unless you buy a router.

Totally Agree. I would hate to Dial Up every time I re-boot :D
My brother is not in a NTL area. So ADSL is the way for him

OneTel looks ok. Free UK Calles to UK anytime & a 2MB Broadband for £29.99 :D

Gareth
22-06-2005, 20:12
It's not really like having to dial-up at all... at least it wasn't when I had ADSL (for info, that was in 2000 and I was with Club Internet in France) - it's really like a password dialog box, the connection itself is always-on and instantaneously established once you power up. It takes longer to type your password or click the OK button than it does to establish the connection. You don't notice it at all - in actual fact it takes longer for my cable modem to spring into life and do it's disco light stuff than it used to take my ADSL modem to connect.