PDA

View Full Version : Sky Digital Faults!!!! Please Help!!!!!!

Shezzy
27-05-2005, 22:47
Grundig /GDS200 Digi box Loss of some channels

I hope you can help,

I have a Grundig Digi box it's about 2 years old. I am having trouble with certain channels.

I think channels started to drop off gradually 139 Men and Motors may have been the last to go.

567 .TV
139 Men & Motors
516 The Money Chan
562 History +1
561 History
559 National Gio +1
560 Adventure 1
510 CNBC
501 Sky News
416 The Racing Chan
419 Euro Sport GB
SKY SPORTS 1, 2, 3 , EXTRA, NEWS
Not a full list, but No sky movie channels fail

The above all come back with "NO Satellite Signal Is Being Received" message.

Other channels are perfect.

I have checked signal strength and quality both are OK.

I have taken my Digi Box to my Brothers house, he has the same box and attached it to his feed with the same results "No Satellite Signal" on above cnannels.

We also tried his card in my box and my card in his box, the fault stays with my digi box.

I have tried the force download, and the reinstall option under engineer menu to no avail.

I have also checked 22khz setting, and reset all resetable settings back to factory defaults.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

SHEZZY.

Raistlin
27-05-2005, 22:57
Hi Shezzy,

First things first, a big :welcome: to Cable Forum.

You may find that your threads (or one of them at least) will shortly be moved to this area of the Forum:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=64 (forumdisplay.php?f=64)

Which is the correct area for postings related to Digital TV services supplied by other providers (other than Telewest and NTL that is).

Don't worry about that too much though, this can be a confusing place sometimes ;)

Hopefully someone will be along soon who can offer some advice on your problem. You will find that they post their responses in the thread here rather than emailing you. That wasy other people may benefit from the advice as well as you.

In the mean time sit back, relax, kick off your shoes, and enjoy your stay in Cable Forum. It's nice to have you with us :tu:

Raist.

Mal
27-05-2005, 22:58
Hi Shezzy,

First things first, a big :welcome: to Cable Forum.

You may find that your threads (or one of them at least) will shortly be moved to this area of the Forum:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=64 (forumdisplay.php?f=64)

Which is the correct area for postings related to Digital TV services supplied by other providers (other than Telewest and NTL that is).

Don't worry about that too much though, this can be a confusing place sometimes ;)

Hopefully someone will be along soon who can offer some advice on your problem. You will find that they post their responses in the thread here rather than emailing you. That wasy other people may benefit from the advice as well as you.

In the mean time sit back, relax, kick off your shoes, and enjoy your stay in Cable Forum. It's nice to have you with us :tu:

Raist.Wow, deja vu again, but from Raistlin this time ;)

Raistlin
27-05-2005, 23:00
:LOL:

I like to spread it around a bit..... :naughty:

Shaun
27-05-2005, 23:26
Sounds like a duff box if it's giving the same error on your brothers (confirmed) working dish and LNB.

How long have you been with Sky? If it's less then a couple of years I'd get them to replace/repair the box for you as it's not fit for the purpose it was intended. If more then that then I'd buy a new box.

IF Sky give you hassle about replacing it within the first couple of years then have a read here: http://cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=15073 it doesn't just apply to goods bought over the net but also has some interesting info about your rights period.

HTH

Chris
27-05-2005, 23:28
Thread moved as predicted. :)

:welcome: to Cable Forum shezzy ... you don't need to post your thread more than once. ;)

Raistlin
27-05-2005, 23:30
Ummm Chris, check out the title of the thread..... Then look at the section you just moved it to.....

I'll be leaving now then... :Sprint:

Mal
27-05-2005, 23:30
Thread moved as predicted. :)

:welcome: to Cable Forum shezzy ... you don't need to post your thread more than once. ;)I'm sure that bdav posted some advice in the other one. Can that be moved over to this one?

paulyoung666
27-05-2005, 23:41
try sky on and threaten to move to ntl / telewest , it has been known to work in the past :erm: :D :D :D

Shaun
28-05-2005, 01:18
try sky on and threaten to move to ntl / telewest , it has been known to work in the past :erm: :D :D :D

No need to threaten anything other than trading standards if within the first couple of years of owning the box ;)

girlzinsiderinfo
30-05-2005, 01:00
hey,

If your brother receives a signal on his digibox, and you are receiving this message when you plug your box into his input cable, this most likely means you're gonna need a replacement digibox. sky will charge you 60 quid to send out an engineer to tell you this (unless it's gone up in the past year). you basically have a couple of options;

if you have sky insurance on the box i would give them a ring for a quote
phone sky and tell them you want to cancel because you are receiving a NSS message, they will take you through a couple of checks, but say that you can't afford the 60 quid call out charge. They'll put you through to turnaround and most likely offer you a free callout. BUT if the engineer confirms what i've said, he'll most likely replace the box with whatever he has in stock (i.e. will be second hand, and you may end up with a crap PACE stb)
buy a new stb/second hand one via local paper/ebay

As the digibox is over a year old, sky won't replace it with a brand new one for free

hope this helps

Lou :)

Chris W
30-05-2005, 01:25
<snip>

:welcome:

excellent info for a first post :tu:

Raistlin
30-05-2005, 01:38
Yep, have to echo MB there on both counts.

:welcome: to CF and a great first post :tu: