PDA

View Full Version : Purely Creative TXT scam

emmalg0302
27-05-2005, 17:24
I received nine texts from 80039, yesterday, and each time they took a pound off my calling credit, using up all of my credit! I phoned their customer service line and they told me that I subscribed to a Magical Million competition and thatâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s why the texts were sent to me. Only I know for a fact that I did not, and so this could be happening to more people. That company took almost ten pounds off me, for nothing received in return and I think the public should be made aware of their deception!!!!:mad:
Purely Creative Ltd, 1 Mannin Way, Lancaster Business Park, Caton Road, Lancaster, LA1 3SU, tel:08700 500755, txts from 80039

bdav
27-05-2005, 17:31
Moneyclaim.gov.uk / http://www.mcol.gov.uk/

Brilliant gov't operation. I had a 3G phone which was completly hopeless, 3 refused to do *anything* about it, so sent them a small claims court summons from there, and the sent me a settlement the next day, refunding all my line rental for when I had the broken phone.

Im sure you could try it for these people.

Raistlin
27-05-2005, 17:35
emmalg0302,

:welcome: to Cable Forum, hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks for the warning :tu:

bdav,

Think the link you gave is busted, any chance of an edit?

Nemesis
27-05-2005, 17:36
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

Raistlin
27-05-2005, 17:38
Cheers Nemmy (Oops, sorry, I mean "Simon" :) ) :tu:

bdav
27-05-2005, 17:40
Ahhh.... Thats why i couldnt get it to work. Cant work out how to do the whole HTTPS proxy in Mac Firefox.

Chris
27-05-2005, 17:49
Moved to the Lifestyle forum.

Raistlin
27-05-2005, 17:50
Thanks Chris.

Honeymonster666
06-12-2007, 20:51
Mate! I feel ya! You should read my forum on them.

MovedGoalPosts
06-12-2007, 21:34
Wow, that's some :bump:

SMHarman
06-12-2007, 21:38
Ahhh.... Thats why i couldnt get it to work. Cant work out how to do the whole HTTPS proxy in Mac Firefox.They renamed the site.

J33pst3r
03-04-2009, 11:53
I won't say it's a scam, but it certainly isn't worth bothering with...

I got a card with three matching Kangaroos* on it and that meant I had won a cash prize, (not a dodgy holiday) the smallest cash prize on the card for matching three symbols is £10, so I figured it was worth seeing what I had won...

Surprise, surprise - I won £10, the problem is that to find out your claim number you have to send a text to a stated number and they send you six texts at £1.50 each, at this point I thought "oh well I've stiil won £1"...

But wait, you then have to send a first class stamp along with your card, therefore - 42p for the stamp, 27p for the second class stamp on your envelope to send the card and the cost of the envelope (about 20p)...

So you actually win £10 - £9.69p = (31p - the cost of the envelope)...

So if you think that is a worthwhile prize for all that effort, by all means feel free to claim it!

* I don't know how often they change the symbols but I would say if you get a card with three matching kangaroos on it I suggest you throw it in the recycling bin and forget about it...

I hope this has helped a few people make up their minds.

bopdude
03-04-2009, 11:57
Wow, that's some :bump:

And so was this :shrug:

I won't say it's a scam, but it certainly isn't worth bothering with...

I got a card with three matching Kangaroos* on it and that meant I had won a cash prize, (not a dodgy holiday) the smallest cash prize on the card for matching three symbols is £10, so I figured it was worth seeing what I had won...

Surprise, surprise - I won £10, the problem is that to find out your claim number you have to send a text to a stated number and they send you six texts at £1.50 each, at this point I thought "oh well I've stiil won £1"...

But wait, you then have to send a first class stamp along with your card, therefore - 42p for the stamp, 27p for the second class stamp on your envelope to send the card and the cost of the envelope (about 20p)...

So you actually win £10 - £9.69p = (31p - the cost of the envelope)...

So if you think that is a worthwhile prize for all that effort, by all means feel free to claim it!

* I don't know how often they change the symbols but I would say if you get a card with three matching kangaroos on it I suggest you throw it in the recycling bin and forget about it...

I hope this has helped a few people make up their minds.

:erm: Thanks :shrug: I never bother with the, you have won this brigade, my partner wanted to not so long back, had to put here straight :D

J33pst3r
03-04-2009, 12:17
Thre's no such thing as a free lunch!

bopdude
03-04-2009, 12:21
Nope, sure isn't :tu:

sardarji
26-05-2009, 11:33
Fact: not just one in hundreds of thousands but one in each four of their cards has three identical symbols entitling the 'lucky' card-scratcher winner to a cash award of at least ten pounds.

Apparently helpful fact; you can get a claim number by post (costing you only a couple of second-class stamps, one for your SAE).

Still more and really helpful fact: but don't hold your breath--when you send your card in plus the requested first-class stamp, (that's another second-class stamp and a first-class one), do NOT unduly expect ever to get the cash you are entitled to.

And, for a modest cost, you will have proved what you probably guessed in the first place: that IF Purely Creative Ltd are not in fact a bunch of scamsters they certainly do not try too hard to behave like anything else. Why the OFT, police and others have not shut this bunch down long ago is an interesting question. And why serious newspapers and magazines still send out their cards is beyond belief--but then money talks, doesn't it?

unsure
08-11-2010, 14:24
I won a £10 and a Swiss holiday. Just received the letter back to claim the tenner, albeit with a request for a stamp, but it's better than downright losing £9. But the holiday, I haven't heard back yet so anyone know anything of it??

Was feeling all happy that they existed when receiving their reply so naively rang them again and won the Turkey holiday this time. Seemed to good to be true and after reading this forum I feel a bit of a mug, can anyone enlighten me on recent outcomes with this company?

Thanks.