PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problems

pmdelany
27-05-2005, 08:41
For the last two days I've had an odd connection problem first time I switch my PC on.

Switch PC on, read mail do a bit of browsing then all of a sudden the connection drops. The READY light flashes on and off, try rebooting and I end up with a 192.168 address.

Leave it alone for around 15 minutes or so and it eventually regains its connection and is OK for the rest of the evening.

NTL 250 cable modem, USB connection.

The thing I noticed last night is that I think it co-incides with the increase to 2MB.

Any thoughts, what can I look for?

Thanks

Paul

bayonet
27-05-2005, 09:31
Hi Paul

What is the rest of the IP? does it look like this 192.168.100.10 or 3 on the end

Checked the white coax is not loose don't put (a) a spanner or (b) a pliers to check it. Finger tight is fine! Failing that it's a call to Tech Support I'm off on holiday this week but I'm sure someone will pick up this thread and have a look.

pmdelany
27-05-2005, 09:50
Thanks for the reply, it's 192.168.100.10, I've checked all the cables and all appears to be OK, as I say it's odd that after a while it all works without any problems.

Chris W
27-05-2005, 10:42
You are getting that ip address because the modem has not locked onto its signal.

Which part of the country are you in?

pmdelany
27-05-2005, 11:47
Oxford

fudge
27-05-2005, 23:36
came home from work tonight and turned on pc and same here my ready light just flashes and will not let me on net, then tried again and after 4 attemps am now on , im in Hemel Hempstead and this is the first time this has happened i dont know if theres a prob. with ntl as my tv keeps freezing and picture blanking as well tonight.

Raistlin
27-05-2005, 23:40
Could just be a network problem in your area fudge, if it's still bad tomorrow it might be worth a call to CS/Faults.

fudge
28-05-2005, 00:41
yes i will see how it is , after i wrote my last post (above ) i was dissconected. Then i turned every thing off for 10 mins and have got back on ok.

fudge
28-05-2005, 09:31
Got up this morning turned on pc and everything seems ok , got connected straight away.

fudge
30-05-2005, 17:09
Strange , after not being able to connect to internet on friday night , all was well sat. and sun.
To day the tv was on and i again could not connect to net. I tried a few times each time turning of the modem for a few minuets but still had same trouble as friday, the ready light just kept flashing.
My wife then turned tv off, a few mins later i tried internet again and got connected straight away, is it possible the tv signal is somehow stopping the internet connecting or was that just a coincidence . I have the black pace for tv and a separate box for internet. or could it be that to many people are trying to connect all at the same time.

pmdelany
20-06-2005, 09:22
Well here we go again, after 3 weeks of no connection problems, got home on Friday, no connection around 9pm it came back, Saturday, got up connection fine around 10am off it went didn't come back at all, Sunday managed to connect for about 5 mins in total. Looking back at my problems in May, the two days I had issues were the two very warm days in May, it seems I am unable to get a connection when it's hot.

Does this make sense?