PDA

View Full Version : o2 X2 Privacy Manager

MadGamer
26-05-2005, 16:33
Right im trying to block a certain mobile number from contacting me, now i have a useful thing called Privacy manager on my phone, but dont know how to use it. I have looked in my phones manual, but i cant seem to understand it.

Any help appreciated

Jules
26-05-2005, 16:38
What phone do you have?

Paul K
26-05-2005, 16:40
O2 X2 ;) It's in the title :)

Nemesis
26-05-2005, 16:40
..erm ... could it be the O2 X2 :D :rofl:

http://www.gsmarena.com/o2_x2-760.php

Jules
26-05-2005, 16:55
Ok so I am having a blonde moment! and don't you DARE say it is down to my age Simon!

Nemesis
26-05-2005, 16:56
Ok so I am having a blonde moment! and don't you DARE say it is down to my age Simon!

Wouldn't dream of it ...... :D

Paul K
26-05-2005, 16:56
What does the manual say Wayne? I can't find an online source for it so telling us what the manual tells you to do might help.

MadGamer
26-05-2005, 17:35
Well i cant exactly post what it says cos it has a load of directions to help but this is the part i dont understand. If you choose to activate Accept List You will only be able to recieve calls from cantacts in the Accept List. However if you activate the Reject List your mobile will not be able to recieve calls from cantacts in the Reject List.

Paul K
26-05-2005, 17:42
Looks like if you select the "Reject list" it will only block people you have in that list. No one else gets blocked from calling you. If you activate the "Accept" list you can ONLY be called by people you have listed in your accept list. No one else will be able to call you on the phone as it will reject anyone NOT in your accept list on the phone.

To put it basically if you use the Accept list you can only be contacted by people that you put into the list, everyone else that calls you will be blocked. So if you forget to add someones number to the list that person will not be able to call you.
Using the reject list allows you to specify a small number of people that can't contact you but everyone else can call you as normal. Easier to use if you only want to block a couple of people.

Chimaera
26-05-2005, 17:42
Forward the call to me and I'll have a word with them (on your behalf)? A few 'kind words' from me to anyone that used to bother my girls on their phones never failed! :ninja: :sniper:

MadGamer
26-05-2005, 17:45
Forward the call to me and I'll have a word with them (on your behalf)? A few 'kind words' from me to anyone that used to bother my girls on their phones never failed! :ninja: :sniper:

I can errm give you the number over PM if you wish?

If soneone was to Prank you they would put 44 and miss the 0 wouldnt they. I have also added the number with the 44 in front of it, will that help?

Chimaera
26-05-2005, 17:48
If they are prank calling you they probably won't have the intelligence to try and alter their number! Can you not let your parents answer any such calls - and do you know who is making the calls? If they are being a real nuisance you could always contact O2 - they might be able to help?

Paul K
26-05-2005, 17:50
Easiest way is to use the reject list as it allows you to only block calls from specific numbers. If you use the Allow list you are blanket blocking all numbers except the ones in the list. If the calls persist you can always contact O2, they have a department that deals with unwanted calls ;)

If you need to report nuisance, malicious or threatening calls/text messages to O2, please click on the 'Help' tab at the top of the page and enter your mobile number. From here enter the word nuisance in the search box and we will be able to give you the contact details for your Service Provider.

MadGamer
26-05-2005, 17:51
Easiest way is to use the reject list as it allows you to only block calls from specific numbers. If you use the Allow list you are blanket blocking all numbers except the ones in the list. If the calls persist you can always contact O2, they have a department that deals with unwanted calls ;) So i should just activate the Reject list then? Yes?

Paul K
26-05-2005, 17:53
Easiest way is to use the reject list as it allows you to only block calls from specific numbers. If you use the Allow list you are blanket blocking all numbers except the ones in the list. If the calls persist you can always contact O2, they have a department that deals with unwanted calls ;) So i should just activate the Reject list then? Yes?
From what you have posted it would be the easiest way to do it, the reject list only blocks numbers that you tell it to block. The accept list will block anyone not in your accept list.

MadGamer
26-05-2005, 18:04
From what you have posted it would be the easiest way to do it, the reject list only blocks numbers that you tell it to block. The accept list will block anyone not in your accept list.

Done that so hopefully they should just give up. They ought to grow up really, cos id expect this from 13 and 14 year olds. I expect this person to be 16. This is a really useful feature, glad O2 decided to put it in. Its a shame that the manual doesnt explain it well for someone like me.

Thanks Chim and Paul, Reps awarded. :tu:

EDIT: I dont think this is related, but i dont seem to be recieving any text messages now. Could this be linked?

daxx
26-05-2005, 19:35
If soneone was to Prank you they would put 44 and miss the 0 wouldnt they. I have also added the number with the 44 in front of it, will that help?

+44 = UK from mobile phones (+predials the 00, international exchange)
omit the leading 0 from the exchange code when dialing using this method

so my contact number 07050 69775x when dialled from a mobile can be either as shown or +44705069775x.

If someone is using a prank service then theres a fair chance the equipment would use this method as it will route the connection to any mobile in the world.

MadGamer
26-05-2005, 19:36
I have put the number in as it were normally and then the number again but with 44 ommiting the 0, i then added the person to my block list.

MadGamer
23-07-2005, 23:45
Sorry to drag and old thread up again, but this is driving me round the bend. Just had another call, this time my mum was there when it rang, though i didnt bother answering it. Callers name appeared on my phone as 'Anonomous' and the call was made at 23:28PM. Doesnt this **** you off if it happens to you?

Matthew
23-07-2005, 23:58
The person has probably put 141 in front of your number so their number is not displayed.

If it is bothering you so much why don't you purchase a new SIM and therefore you would have a new number, it would make more sense. Then in future just becareful who you give it to.

marky
24-07-2005, 00:00
The person has probably put 141 in front of your number so their number is not displayed.

If it is bothering you so much why don't you purchase a new SIM and therefore you would have a new number, it would make more sense. Then in future just becareful who you give it to.

i'll second that for the sake of a fiver or so its not worth the hassle :)

Matthew
25-07-2005, 00:13
I think Wayne has forgotton about this!

Steve H
25-07-2005, 02:10
Sorry to drag and old thread up again, but this is driving me round the bend. Just had another call, this time my mum was there when it rang, though i didnt bother answering it. Callers name appeared on my phone as 'Anonomous' and the call was made at 23:28PM. Doesnt this **** you off if it happens to you?

Nah, I love getting prank calls :D

Pranked tons of people many a time as well... although, I agree if its repetitive and malicious contact O2 or just get another sim, hell.. I'l send you one of the 300texts (if you top up £10 a month) if you want..