PDA

View Full Version : Port Probe's

Jonboy
24-06-2003, 00:40
ihope this is the correct place chaps

i seem to be getin a boatload of port probs from ntl any idea of the reason it seemd to go away at one stage but its back again
any ideas ple :shrug:

Stuart
24-06-2003, 00:44
What server are they from. Are they from NTL themselves, or one of the customers..

Richard M
24-06-2003, 00:47
It just the proxy or DHCP server, nothing to worry about.
You may have your firewall settings too high.
Read this page:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/security.html

poolking
24-06-2003, 07:44
If you've got a firewall anyway, why worry? Let the firewall deal with it. :)

Shaun
24-06-2003, 09:44
I keep getiing people trying to slip stuff in the backdoor too, normaly I wouldnt mind! Its just a bit shit they all seem to have ntl i.p. addresses! :confused:

Norton deals with it so not to worry, just makes you think "what if I din't have a firewall!". :eek:

Jonboy
24-06-2003, 11:12
yes i have noticed they are mostly ntl ip addy's glad (well Not Really) to see its not just me

Earl of Bronze
26-06-2003, 23:24
from personal experience of installing ntl cable modems in Belfast, the vast majority of ntl customers are ignorant of their computer and the risks of a 24/7 connection. Unfortunately I dont get the time to educate the customers I personally install, asto the need for firewall and anti-v softwear, but I try to leave them the addys of sygate and grisoft.
Ntl really need to start educating their customers or else its network will be covered with bugged up computers. I've tried to point this out several times, but I'm just a ****** subcontractor, so what do I know.:walk:

El Diablo
27-06-2003, 02:03
Originally posted by Earl of Bronze
but I'm just a ****** subcontractor, so what do I know.:walk:

indeed....:wavey: