PDA

View Full Version : No VAT reciept given!!!

Croker
24-05-2005, 23:00
Hsd some emergency work done on a car a few weeks back. At the time I gave a credit card to the garage who promised " a VAT reciept would be sent to my home address withinn days". Was in a fluster at the time so did not complain. However, none has arrived. I have phoned up a couple of times but still no reciept. What's the best plan - shall I just phoneup the Customs & Excise and just put the boot in?

Graham M
24-05-2005, 23:03
Go in and demand one, i find calls are normally ignored, an angry customer in the shop can work wonders

Croker
24-05-2005, 23:04
Its up in Tewskesury - and I am in the mists of Wales - so not really practicable

SMHarman
25-05-2005, 01:14
Retail transactions do not technically require a vat receipt, that is why your NTL bill says this is not a VAT receipt on it.

However you can request one - as said above, best do it in writing.

Nidge
25-05-2005, 04:48
Hsd some emergency work done on a car a few weeks back. At the time I gave a credit card to the garage who promised " a VAT reciept would be sent to my home address withinn days". Was in a fluster at the time so did not complain. However, none has arrived. I have phoned up a couple of times but still no reciept. What's the best plan - shall I just phoneup the Customs & Excise and just put the boot in?

He should have given you a list with all the work done with a VAT number at the bottom. The garage I use always give me a list with the work done.

Graham
25-05-2005, 13:48

Presumably you need the receipt to be able to claim it back for business?

If so, write to them by Recorded Delivery and point out that you are requesting a VAT receipt as promised and as you are entitled to and that if you haven't heard from them within 14 days of them getting the letter you will contact HMC&E.

Croker
25-05-2005, 13:50
Presumably you need the receipt to be able to claim it back for business?

If so, write to them by Recorded Delivery and point out that you are requesting a VAT receipt as promised and as you are entitled to and that if you haven't heard from them within 14 days of them getting the letter you will contact HMC&E.

yes - good call :tu: will follow that line of attack i think