PDA

View Full Version : Ambit 150 Problems

hjf288
22-05-2005, 16:31
Well my good ol Ambit 150 has been recently screwing up with a series of recurring cases:

Modem will (Rarely) lose RDY but remain SYNCed so power off and power on will SYNC but not RDY, so unplug for 5 minutes and they both SYNC and RDY up.
Modem is left on permanently (Becoming more common) - I wake up and my systems and Xbox are often saying NO INTERNET CONNECTION, DNS ERROR. So I look at the modem which is both SYNC and RDY and think Why? The US and DS lights arent flickering yet the ETHERNET is being hammered - so I disable my Ethernet adapter (Auto sensing) and re-enable.... No joy, I switch to my 2nd Ethernet adapter (Also auto sensing) and still no joy - The Ethernet lights flicker but the modems US/DS arent doing anything. The PC has an IP address and manages to renew it via DHCP but no connection to external sites can be made. Ive checked the NTL status pages and there is no maintanence in my area when the following is occuring. I have to physically unplug the modem then leave it for a few mins, power it back up and then it will work until next time.....
Anyone have any advice or help? It would be most appreciated