PDA

View Full Version : SACM replacement ac adaptor

Suvro
22-05-2005, 14:55
Can anyone please advise me as to where I may be able to purchase a replacement ac adaptor for my NTL stand alone cable modem ?

After spending over 3 hours on the phone with customer support at NTL, I was advised I might be better off just buying a replacement ac adaptor myself from a high street store, because the only way NTL can give me an ac adaptor will be by sending an engineer around my house, which may incurr a callout fee of anything from around £20-60 if it is found that it is our fault that the ac adaptor is no longer working properly.

Also, I was told that they are unable to just mail me a replacement ac adaptor and one can only be given via an engineer visiting my house.

I had a look around Maplins, Dixons, B&Q and various other local electronics stores, but it seems that a 10volt ac adaptor is something they just don't stock.

I thank anyone in advance for their help.

SLM
22-05-2005, 15:02
How come it does not work any more? is it down to misuse?

paulyoung666
22-05-2005, 15:08
hi and :welcome: to the site , looks as though you are going to have to get ntl to come out to you , if it is not your fault then you have nothing to worry about :)

Suvro
22-05-2005, 15:08
How come it does not work any more? is it down to misuse?

Just general wear and tear I guess.

I think the wire that goes into the inside of the plug is loose. If I try and push the wire into the plug the modem powers up but if I let go all power is gone.

SLM
22-05-2005, 15:18
If it is just normal wear and tear it will get replaced free but if the fault tech thinks it has been misused you will get billed £25. If you go and buy one please make sure it is the same as the supplied one as if the voltage etc are different the sacm will not work.

paulyoung666
22-05-2005, 15:25
it is also worth noting which way the + & - are cabled up , you wouldnt to feed it arse first :disturbd: :D :D :D