PDA

View Full Version : Debt Letter from LOVEFILM.COM

LooeyUK
21-05-2005, 15:23
Woke up this morning to find a letter from a debit collection agency (C.A.R.S.).

It says that I owe LOVEFILM 89.96!!

I thought i cancelled this service ages ago, so I went on the LOVEFILM website, logged in, and indeed, my service has been suspended.

Does anyone know the telephone number for LOVEFILM or an email address? Because when I click Contact Us it just give me the suspended page again... (typical...).

Also, does anyone know where i stand if i didnt cancel it properly (but im sure i did). I have not taken out any films at all.

Paul K
21-05-2005, 15:30
0870 240 1637.

Our opening hours are Monday to Thursday 8am to 7pm, Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturday 10am-4pm.

Online Rentals Limited
PO BOX 7021
HARLOW
CM19 5WR

"Account cancelled, but I am still being billed"

If you have cancelled your account but are still being charged, there are a couple of possible reasons for this:

* You cancelled, but your discs were not returned in time
We cannot cancel your membership fully until we receive all of the discs that were sent to you. If you cancelled your free trial before it ended but did not send back your discs in time for them to arrive prior to that date, you would automatically be billed for one month of membership. We recommend posting them at least 5 working days prior to your billing date.

* You cancelled, but one or more discs have gone missing
We cannot cancel your membership fully until we receive all of the discs that were sent to you.

To check on the status of your returned discs:

* Go to the Rental History page
Once you are logged in to LOVEFiLM go to the Rental Queue page and then click on the †˜RentedÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€Å ¾Ã‚¢ tab at the top of the page. This shows a history of all the discs you have rented.

* Check for returned movies

If a returned disc does not have a returned date on it, then the disc has not yet been received by us. If it has been more than 5 working days since you posted it to us, then please contact Customer Services to report the problem.

* Check for late movies

If a returned disc arrived after your billing date, and you have a certificate of posting to prove that it was posted 5 or more working days before the billing date, then please contact Customer Services.