PDA

View Full Version : Manual DNS Update?

RazorD
21-05-2005, 15:18
Is there a way to trigger a DNS update from ntl's caches?

NTL still has my DNS pointing ns1.gladdymedia.com and ns2.gladdymedia.com to the old ip's.

Its annoyings, because its been over 24 hours already, and still no update. seems all other providers have updated now, just not NTL :(

Thanks,

-Raz

rdhw
21-05-2005, 16:51
No, this is something you should have organised before you changed your DNS, by shortening the default time-to-lives on the old A records, before you changed them. Then the old A records would not be cached in other DNS servers for so long. Now you just have to wait until the timers expire on your old A records.

Raistlin
21-05-2005, 16:55
No, this is something you should have organised before you changed your DNS, by shortening the default time-to-lives on the old A records, before you changed them. Then the old A records would not be cached in other DNS servers for so long. Now you just have to wait until the timers expire on your old A records.

I'm sure that was very helpful but I didn't understand a word of it..... :shrug:

RazorD
21-05-2005, 23:21
Its changed now.. :) It was the nameserver records, though - Which, as far as i know, arent anything i can control, cause its all stored on root-servers or gtld-servers?

I dunno, at least its working :)

-Raz