PDA

View Full Version : Botox vs Deodorant

san antonio man
20-05-2005, 20:48
Its now coming to summer and i have a problem, sweating.
I use Deodorant every day and i still have wet patches under the arms which makes me feel vile.
Is there anything else a person can do without resorting to having Botox injections under the pits!.:shocked:

Paul K
20-05-2005, 20:49
Its now coming to summer and i have a problem, sweating.
I use Deodorant every day and i still have wet patches under the arms which makes me feel vile.
Is there anything else a person can do without resorting to having Botox injections under the pits!.:shocked:
anti-perspirant deodorant straight after a shower?

Chimaera
20-05-2005, 20:50
Go and see your GP - they can prescribe stuff that should help. If it's too severe for that (or the prescription doesn't work) they can refer you to hospital for further investigation or treatment.

Millay
20-05-2005, 21:10
As you stated in another thread, you are larger than skiny, and me being that way to, its worth thinking about the easiest way to cut down sweating, and that is to lose weight.. thats what me and my doctor decided before we loo kat other options..

bdav
20-05-2005, 21:10
There was a prog. on tv a while ago about that.

Chris W
20-05-2005, 21:23
Shave your armpits?

Paul K
20-05-2005, 21:25
Shave your armpits?
Actually a sensible idea before anyone laughs ;) Losing a little weight, watching what foods you eat (spicey etc) and small changes to your washing habits would probably have the desired results.

gary_580
20-05-2005, 22:07
Actually a sensible idea before anyone laughs ;) Losing a little weight, watching what foods you eat (spicey etc) and small changes to your washing habits would probably have the desired results.

so you used to get a sweaty head ?? :D

Shaun
20-05-2005, 22:21
There is an aluminium based roll on product that you can buy from the pharmacist (just ask them about it). You just roll it on after a bath at night and it stops you sweating for days. I used it when I was on come antibiotics that made me sweat more then usual. ;)

danielf
20-05-2005, 22:36
There is an aluminium based roll on product that you can buy from the pharmacist (just ask them about it). You just roll it on after a bath at night and it stops you sweating for days. I used it when I was on come antibiotics that made me sweat more then usual. ;)

Does it actually stop you from sweating, or does it stop you from sweating in the place you apply the stuff (making it come out in other places). The reason I ask is that I know someone who found a very effective product against smelly feet. Basically the stuff just clogged the pores. This does not stop the need for sweating, so it needs to come out elsewhere. In this person's case, it was the groin area. I think I'd rather have smelly feet...

gary_580
20-05-2005, 22:49
Does it actually stop you from sweating, or does it stop you from sweating in the place you apply the stuff (making it come out in other places). The reason I ask is that I know someone who found a very effective product against smelly feet. Basically the stuff just clogged the pores. This does not stop the need for sweating, so it needs to come out elsewhere. In this person's case, it was the groin area. I think I'd rather have smelly feet...

ahh that ole woman Betty Swollocks

Raistlin
20-05-2005, 23:03
ahh that ole woman Betty Swollocks

Nice woman, used to live three doors down from me.

I think she had a sister called Mary Hinge.....

Shaun
20-05-2005, 23:09

Just stopped it for me. I only used it for a short time but it did the trick!