PDA

View Full Version : Absolut Vanilia

TigaSefi
22-09-2003, 13:58
Anyone managed to track this drink down ? is it fabulous or not ? I am gonna do a lil hunt for it in the offies in London unless someone can recommend a place in the Bromley area that sells it.

Dave Stones
22-09-2003, 14:01
funny you should say that. dunno where you can get it down where you are but i got some the other day in a pub up here. absolutely vile it was...

TigaSefi
22-09-2003, 14:22
Is it really ? I am disappointed... hmmm then again, I do like Vanilla Coke :D

Dave Stones
22-09-2003, 14:54
well tahts my opinion. coming from someone who can drink overproof rum and retch at vanilla coke... :erm::rolleyes:

Chris
22-09-2003, 15:05
Originally posted by TigaSefi
Is it really ? I am disappointed... hmmm then again, I do like Vanilla Coke :D

Yay, let's re-start the vanilla coke thread! I love the stuff.

philip.j.fry
22-09-2003, 15:10
Originally posted by towny
Yay, let's re-start the vanilla coke thread! I love the stuff.

It does indeed rock! And a big thanks to Asda for providing their own vanilla cola brand at about a third the price of Coca-Cola brand :)

TigaSefi
22-09-2003, 15:16
LOL does it taste any better or worse than the coca cola brand ?

philip.j.fry
22-09-2003, 15:23
Similar enough, no worse or better though. They also do a lemon+lime flavour which isn't too bad, better as a mixer really.

Back to the topic of the vodka, I've not seen it being sold, could easily buy some normal vodka and some vanilla pods and leave them in to let the flavour diffuse for a few days if you wanted the vanilla taste. Other flavoured vodkas I have had from Absolut have left a nasty aftertaste.

TigaSefi
22-09-2003, 15:24
i like the blue and purple Absolut Vodka best.

Dave Stones
22-09-2003, 15:31
Originally posted by philip.j.fry
Similar enough, no worse or better though. They also do a lemon+lime flavour which isn't too bad, better as a mixer really.

how do you get lemon and lime flavour vanilla coke? blergh :sick:

TigaSefi
22-09-2003, 15:35
i think he meant Lemon and Lime flavored Vodka

philip.j.fry
22-09-2003, 16:05
Originally posted by TigaSefi
i think he meant Lemon and Lime flavored Vodka

Nope, I meant the coke (but just lemon and lime, no vanilla) :) Probably meant to recreate the pub atmosphere of 'ice and slice'

TigaSefi
22-09-2003, 16:09
ah hmmm never had it..... too busy quaffing Vanilla Coke heh.

Atomic22
22-09-2003, 19:28
vanilla coke is lovely but its about time they made vanilla pepsi for us pepsi lovers

Chris
22-09-2003, 19:30
Originally posted by Atomic22
vanilla coke is lovely but its about time they made vanilla pepsi for us pepsi lovers

amen to that - lemon pepsi is so much better than lemon coke, so vanilla pepsi would be just ... well, my mouth's watering at the thought.

mmmmmmmmmmm vanilllllaaaa peeeeepsssssiii .....

Jerrek
25-09-2003, 06:38
Vanilla Pepsi > Vanilla Coke.

Vanilla Coke tastes like regular coke and then the vanilla aftertaste hits you. Vanilla pepsi actually TASTES like vanilla-flavored pepsi. I don't particularly care whether I drink pepsi or coke, but vanilla pepsi is way better than vanilla coke.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~johannj/net_stuff/pepsivannilla.jpg

Now back on topic, Absolut makes the worst vodka ever. I drink either Smirnoff or Thor's Hammer.

Lord Nikon
25-09-2003, 07:46
What about pepsi blue?

Jerrek
25-09-2003, 17:54
It isn't available any more. They stopped producing it. I liked it... Berry flavored cola. :)

Lord Nikon
25-09-2003, 18:17
I also like cinnamon altoids....

Made in the UK, yet not available here...
The only way is to buy a british product, made in the UK, sent to the US, from the US, and ship it BACK to the UK

Chris
25-09-2003, 18:34
Originally posted by Jerrek
Vanilla Pepsi > Vanilla Coke.

Vanilla Coke tastes like regular coke and then the vanilla aftertaste hits you. Vanilla pepsi actually TASTES like vanilla-flavored pepsi. I don't particularly care whether I drink pepsi or coke, but vanilla pepsi is way better than vanilla coke.

Boyohboyohboyohboy ... what I wouldn't do for a bottle of this stuff. WHY can't we buy it here?!?!?!

Lord Nikon
25-09-2003, 18:50
hmmmm

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk don't have vanilla pepsi yet, but they DO have pepsi blue.

Jerrek
25-09-2003, 21:16
Do you guys like dnL? (hint: Take 7up and write it upside down).

http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/dnl/dnl-logo.jpg

http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/dnl/dnl-bottle.jpg