PDA

View Full Version : Lowest of the low?

Chimaera
18-05-2005, 15:51
From the BBC News site: (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4558157.stm)
A funeral limousine taking mourners to a cemetery has been attacked by missile-throwing boys, said police.

The black limousine was part of a funeral procession following a hearse towards Widnes Cemetery in Cheshire.

As it passed a gang of about five teenagers, one of them hurled a piece of wood which shattered the windscreen.

Nobody was injured in last Wednesday's incident, but a Cheshire Constabulary spokesman described it as the "ultimate disrespect to human dignity".
I know there's a lot of publicity about this sort of thing nowadays - and not all teenagers are bad! But this story just takes the biscuit, IMHO. :(

Raistlin
18-05-2005, 15:51
<.................................................. ..........................>

punky
18-05-2005, 15:52
Awful, absolutely awful....

Halcyon
18-05-2005, 16:35
Some people have no morals, no thoughts for others. Nothing.
As I say many times......this world is going down hill. :(

Ramrod
18-05-2005, 17:06
They were lucky that there wasn't another body ready for a funeral on that day! :erm:

Tuftus
18-05-2005, 18:37
Is this just not typical of the lack of respect that has become so common in society these days?

This is just disgusting.

yesman
18-05-2005, 18:54
Almost as disgusting as this (http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/ely/2005/05/18/dcc7f77c-6adc-48db-84c6-967e4b96169f.lpf). :mad:

Stop the world, I want to get off :(

Paul K
18-05-2005, 18:55
I think this just highlights how little some of todays minors actually think and just how little respect some have for others in their community. I hope they get handed over to the police and I hope their parents are ashamed of them for their disgusting, inexcusable and unforgivable behaviour.
This is, unfortunately, the sort of behaviour that gets spread across the newspapers and television stations and is why so many people see all youngsters as yobs even though the majority of them are nothing of the sort.
No ammount of appologies from those that threw missiles at the funeral cars will ever make ammends for their behaviour :(
Whatever happened to respect, common decency, and shame?

Escapee
18-05-2005, 19:22
That's disgusting and I am noticing that vandalism and crime caused by kids around here, seem to be the younger ones in the gang. They seem to go up our street and the older ones walk off in front while the younger ones break the mirrors off the cars or push the bins over etc. Is it a case of the young ones doing this to be accepted in the gang by the older ones, I wonder if this is the case with this one.

I'm not sure if I posted this, but about 3 weeks ago I left my driveway gates open and a kid came up and was looking around van and tried the door and looked through the window. I was on the phone but quickly rushed out the front door so I could intercept him with the cricket bat. Unfortunately or fortunately for him he was already down the bottom of the driveway. There were two much larger boys who had shouted when they saw my front door open.

Obviously the younger kid would probably just get told don't be a naughty boy if caught, and it would be assumed someone of that age wouldn't be breaking into vehicles. I looked at the cctv tape to find he had tried the doors of all three vehicles, the following weekend I took the tape down to the guy at the other end of the road because his car was broken into. He has a driveway up the side of his house, and thieves have a habit of trademarks to their crimes.