PDA

View Full Version : Revolution

Damien
17-05-2005, 17:43
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/17/news_6125078.html

Nintendo are the last to show there new, flat, and (imo) rather nice console. A simple, sleek, black design. Its the least powerful, but then nintendo have always been about games rather than power

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/05/17/revo_screen001.jpg

Jarandco
17-05-2005, 17:44
Does look nice, but apaprently its only about 2 to 3 times more powerful than the gamecube. But as you say Nintendo do focus on the games, ive heard somehwere they are focusing online which is a good start, but we should find out some more in the next few hours!

TigaSefi
17-05-2005, 17:45
I am so getting a red or purple version there been more photos and there about 5 different colors. so Xbox360 and revolution, PS3 can go whistle as usual.

remember Nintendo are always honest bout power while Sony/Microsoft massively hype their power up. Emotion engine, 60 million polys a sec rings a bell ?

Damien
17-05-2005, 18:07
Nintendo & PS3 or xbox maybe xbox since its first

Tezcatlipoca
18-05-2005, 00:00
The Revolution looks great. Tiny too!

Like the PS3 & the XBox360, the Revolution is going to be backwards compatible...but with a difference!

As well as playing GC games too, it'll also be able to access an online "library" of *all* past Nintendo games...N64, SNES, & NES.

kronas
18-05-2005, 02:03
the revolution or lack of it in my eyes, very disappointing from nintendo, showing a 'prototype' of the console and well nothing really on the games front...

oh and a new version of the gameboy suprise! :rolleyes:

Damien
18-05-2005, 08:02
I think it was amazing as well, Being able to download all previous N64/SNES games! :D

Also E3 should show more details

dilli-theclaw
18-05-2005, 08:37
Actually I quite like the look of the little gameboy... (Assuming the screen is backlit/frontlit of course ;) although I doubt they'd be stupid enough to make THAT mistake again)

I still have my gamecube and will no doubt get one of the new consoles too. But it will be in addition to either a 360 or ps3.

I do like the games that nintendo put out.

TheBlueRaja
18-05-2005, 09:25
Man - all the SNES games on back catalogue - all the mario kart games, f-zeros etc.

SWEET!

Halcyon
18-05-2005, 10:41
Yeah that would be coool. I'd love to play the Donkey Kong games again from the Snes.
I've still got my Game Cube and am not going to be giving up on it just yet. This small console still has a lot of power in it and is very well built.
The new Zelda will certainly be on the Cube so I'm looking forward to that.

As for the Revolution, it looks interesting. Obviosuly with another 6 or so months there is going to probably be a few modifications and maybe even the name shall change, but it may also be beefed up even more allowing for an even bigger spec machine...after seeing what Sony and MS have showed off.

It will be interesting to see how this machine works and interacts with the user, and the way Nintendo aim to make gaming different from other consoles.
The games should definately be good and with lots of japanese backing, Im sure they will be.

Millay
18-05-2005, 11:22
Interstingly all 3 consoles will now be using IBM Powerpc processors.... theres a bit of a surprise big blue big in gaming ::)

Halcyon
18-05-2005, 11:50
the revolution or lack of it in my eyes, very disappointing from nintendo, showing a 'prototype' of the console and well nothing really on the games front...

oh and a new version of the gameboy suprise! :rolleyes:

They showed us aproto type so the fans know that there is a console on its way. Instead, they are tactfully working on making it the best machine they can make and launch it once it is finally ready.
As for the games front, I doubt they will dissapoint. They have many of the big publishers and Japanese backing the console and a lot of Nintendo games are excellent in the way they are built.

As for a new version of the gameboy..... Why not ? Its one of the most successful handheld systems ever and has always been popular.

bob_builder
18-05-2005, 13:39
I am so getting a red or purple version there been more photos and there about 5 different colors. so Xbox360 and revolution, PS3 can go whistle as usual.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/05/17/revo_screen005.jpg
I think I will go for either the silver or the lime one!

Stephen
18-05-2005, 14:16
White one to go with my Xbox360 and White PS3:)