PDA

View Full Version : Noise Pollution

BigDave1
16-05-2005, 16:43
Someone in a house near me has a drum kit and they keep playing very loud. What should I do?

Keytops
16-05-2005, 16:48
Get a guitar and join in?

Nugget
16-05-2005, 16:49
Buy earplugs, or go down the pub?

Or, if this is a serious problem, contact your council - I think it's Environmental Health that deal with Noise Pollution, so speak to them.

homealone
16-05-2005, 16:55
Someone in a house near me has a drum kit and they keep playing very loud. What should I do?

environmental health dept should be your first port of call, but they can only take any action if they determine the noise to be a nuisance - the criteria for which includes the noise level, the time of day/night & how often/for how long it persists.

- have you had a quiet word with the drummer about it - they might not realise how loud it is & could use some practice mutes to tone it down...

Flubflow
16-05-2005, 16:57
As Nugget says, contact your local Environmental Health department. They are responsible for noise pollution and are usually quite helpful.
In the meantime, start making a diary now (or even recordings especially if it is intermittent).

Halcyon
16-05-2005, 16:57
As Homelalone says, have a word with them to see if it can be sorted out amicably.

If you do need to chase it further thuogh, get on to your council.
If you can tape them in action, this will be useful for later helping proove your case.

Flubflow
16-05-2005, 17:03
As Homelalone says, have a word with them to see if it can be sorted out amicably.

Since when have drummers actually been able to speak in sentences?
;)

Here's a helpful link......
http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/noise/