PDA

View Full Version : The soul still burns......

ic14
20-09-2003, 12:52
Under a week to go untill soul calibur 2 (sp?), comes!

Cnat wait to get the gc version with the best extra charecter in it.

TigaSefi
20-09-2003, 14:53
Aye and I have my Soul Calibur II arcade joystick from Hong Kong all ready for the imminent arrival :D

kronas
20-09-2003, 15:04
*cough link is a piece of crap *cough ;)

actually he is a pretty good character to play with

*owns PS2 and XBOX versions has played GC version :D

ic14
20-09-2003, 15:07
Originally posted by TigaSefi
Aye and I have my Soul Calibur II arcade joystick from Hong Kong all ready for the imminent arrival :D
Sounds good, were did you order that from?

dr wadd
20-09-2003, 16:05
Originally posted by kronas
*cough link is a piece of crap *cough ;)

actually he is a pretty good character to play with

*owns PS2 and XBOX versions has played GC version :D

Why did you get two versions? The technical differences between them are minimal, and out of those two the XBox one is going to be better. Unless you want all the bonus characters getting them both seems somewhat redundant.

kronas
20-09-2003, 16:30
Originally posted by dr wadd
Why did you get two versions? The technical differences between them are minimal, and out of those two the XBox one is going to be better. Unless you want all the bonus characters getting them both seems somewhat redundant.

there are diffarences the xbox version is slower but looks better the PS2 one and the GC are almost identical yes i want the bonus characters its my choice if i want all the versions :p

dr wadd
20-09-2003, 18:25
How do you rate the reduction in speed in the XBox version, does it hurt the game badly? I`m currently more likely to get the GCN version for Link, but if the XBox version also plays slower than that will make me get the Cube version for certain.

TigaSefi
20-09-2003, 18:47
www.playasia.com for the arcade joystick, pricey but superb service. There one in the US of A but I haven't seen it for sale, It does look smarter too but I happy with what I got.

kronas
20-09-2003, 18:49
How do you rate the reduction in speed in the XBox version, does it hurt the game badly? I`m currently more likely to get the GCN version for Link, but if the XBox version also plays slower than that will make me get the Cube version for certain.

the xbox version reacts slower controller wise you can tell when you press the button as to when the reactions kick in onscreen but it doesent hurt the game it just reacts a second or so slower not much but noticeable for me

dr wadd
20-09-2003, 22:20
Definitely not getting the XBox then, given the choice between the two versions I`m not going to go for the one with a lag between hitting a button and it being registered in game, that's not acceptable in a fighting game for me.

TigaSefi
25-09-2003, 18:27
My copy just shipped from Amazon.co.uk using the free delivery method today :D whoo hooo

dr wadd
25-09-2003, 20:53
Originally posted by TigaSefi
www.playasia.com for the arcade joystick, pricey but superb service. There one in the US of A but I haven't seen it for sale, It does look smarter too but I happy with what I got.

Spectravideo do some solid, and reasonably priced arcades sticks for all the consoles.

http://www.spectravideo.co.uk/region.htm

Must be annoying for some that the Cube version has been the best selling in the USA, and all because it has Link in it.

ic14
25-09-2003, 20:55
Must be annoying for some that the Cube version has been the best selling in the USA, and all because it has Link in it.
Well it deserves to IMO

TigaSefi
25-09-2003, 21:08
My arcade joystick has Soul Calibur II gfx art all over which convinced me to get it :D

kronas
25-09-2003, 21:10
Originally posted by morris
edge magazine reckons xbox has the best extra character but the cube version is the best because the controler is better suited to the game.

cube controller is good to play this game with but my preference for control wise for this game is

PS2
GC
XBOX

dr wadd
25-09-2003, 21:17
Originally posted by kronas
cube controller is good to play this game with but my preference for control wise for this game is

PS2
GC
XBOX

Of course, you simply shouldn`t be playing this game with the standard control pad on any console. There is no way in the world that it is going to compete with a good arcade stick, and once that is taken into account these differences are going to even out.

I`ll agree that the XBox control pad is terrible for fighting games. Before I got the XBox arcade sticks I was trying to playing X Men:Next Dimension with the pad. The original pad has a better button layout for these games, but a terrible D-Pad, while the S Controller has a good D-Pad but a worse button layout. Sometimes you just can't win ;)

ic14
26-09-2003, 16:50
Best fighting game, ever!
Thats all i cant think of saying!
And link is an excellent fighter and he feels right in the game,. unlike the other two :D

TigaSefi
30-09-2003, 00:36
the arcade joystick for this game is so good, I ordering another one for my missus to play against me :D

TigaSefi
01-10-2003, 09:26
Well whaddya know, in the UK Gamecube Soul Calibur II raced to the top of the chart with 38% of all Soul Calibur II copies sold across the 3 formats :D

ic14
01-10-2003, 09:31
I knew it would :D

TigaSefi
01-10-2003, 09:59
Innit, each night I play one of two games SCII or Freedom Fighters cos even with the Arcade Joystick, my hand on the joystick gets knackered, red and raw like hehe... so I alternate.