PDA

View Full Version : i need some slogans for the engraving

kronas
07-05-2005, 00:21
im an absolute raving lunatic but im buying an Ipod for the person on the left of this post.....yes im bonkers for doing it but alas i want to so i have learned to follow my heart even if it bleeds :erm:

as the apple site has laser engraving on it for free and two lines with a 23 character minimum for each... im having a small problem attributing a valid two liner thats not looking posessive, intimate or salacious, or even hinting at the sheer unrequanted love i have.....enough of that.....you get the picture....

so heres a few i have chosen...

line one: pretty in pink

line two not as pretty as you

the rest i cant post because well....its too much intimacy involved...the person is a freind but means more to me.

yes shoot me and take me to the wolves now :erm:

Raistlin
07-05-2005, 00:29
You want some honest advice?

Don't do it, you're lining yourself up for a fall.

I know that probably sounds harsh but it's likely to be the truth.

There's probably nothing that you could put on there that would sound right, it's next to impossible to convey true meaning in just two lines.

On top of that, why are you buying her an iPod?

Chris W
07-05-2005, 00:30
money don't buy you love....

trust me- been there, done that, got the debts to prove it. Think very carefully before spending > £130 on someone....

danielf
07-05-2005, 00:35
Don't do it Kronas. You are setting yourself up for a position like smicer is in now (without getting lucky)

kronas
07-05-2005, 00:39

On top of that, why are you buying her an iPod?

shes a music lover and has mentioned it as something she would like, it came in conversation because i was talking about nokia's phone hard disk player hybrid.

and guys im well aware of what i am doing.

it will be the finale and the very last thing is do until her birthday later this year.

andygrif
07-05-2005, 00:40
How about....

I slept with Kronas
And all I got was a lousy iPod

No offence mate!

kronas
07-05-2005, 00:42
How about....

I slept with Kronas
And all I got was a lousy iPod

No offence mate!

thanks yes thats my intention....yes everything is about sex and thats all im after, im buying her love..... thanks......... :rolleyes:

you cannot buy love it is not my intention

purenuman
07-05-2005, 00:44
No angel
To guide me

Raistlin
07-05-2005, 00:44
Actually.....

I'd quite like an iPod.........

Seriously dude, if you want to buy her the iPod then why not just wait until her birthday and give it to her then? You could have something like "Happy xxth Birthday" engraved on it - and you'd have a legitimate reason for buying her a gift.

That way it probably wouldn't look quite so odd.....

danielf
07-05-2005, 00:49
How much will this ipod cost (without the engraving) Kronas?

kronas
07-05-2005, 00:51
No angel
To guide me

:p: i need guidance :p: thanks for your contribution.

Actually.....

I'd quite like an iPod.........

yes and you know where the apple shop is ;)

Seriously dude, if you want to buy her the iPod then why not just wait until her birthday and give it to her then? You could have something like "Happy xxth Birthday" engraved on it - and you'd have a legitimate reason for buying her a gift.

no because i want to be a sensationalist :p: ;) seriously though no im not going to do that.

That way it probably wouldn't look quite so odd.....

nothing odd about it.

anyway whos going to actually be on topic and post something useful ?

Chris W
07-05-2005, 00:53
shes a music lover and has mentioned it as something she would like, it came in conversation because i was talking about nokia's phone hard disk player hybrid.

and guys im well aware of what i am doing.

it will be the finale and the very last thing is do until her birthday later this year.

now don't take this the wrong way.... mostly i am just playing devil's advocate but:

you said the last thing you do until her birthday- you mean you are spending over a hundred quid on a friend for no special occasion?? If i was her i would be extremely embaressed- i think that is far too much to spend on a friend.

Also, if you are spending that much money for no special occasion, what are you going to end up doing for her birthday?!

Scenario for you: You buy an engraved iPod, she is too embaressed when you give it to her and won't accept it. Your feelings are hurt, and you are left with an iPod which is worth nothing to anyone because of the engraving. Maybe this is a reason to have no engraving? Maybe she will accept it because she feels guilty- and that is not a basis for a friendship and especially not anything else.

My first comment of "money can't buy you love" wasn't really substanciated well enough. I used to spend loads of money on my ex because i thought it improved our relationship- in the short term she was pleased with the gifts, of course saying "oh you shouldn't have etc etc" but at the end of the day, gifts and affections from you to her are not going to have any effect on the way she feels about you. And if they do, then i don't believe this is good grounds for a relationship- i don't think someone should need to be persuaded, in whatever way it may be, to return feelings that you have. The final point i will make, is what if she feels like she owes you something because of the amount of money that you have spent- you don't want her to feel indebted to you.

Having said that, you may just be a very generous person, who buys iPod's for lots of people, in which case- fine... lucky girl!!!

I know i sound a bit like a concerned parent- my dad said basically the same things i am saying now when i was in the same position as you. I didn't take any notice at all, but of course because he is a parent, he was right.... but then saying that, you have to learn from your own mistakes.

Oh and in answer to you actual question... if she is a music lover, how about a couple of lines from a song that you two associate with each other??

kronas
07-05-2005, 00:55
How much will this ipod cost (without the engraving) Kronas?

the engraving is free....

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodmini/

MB i spend most of my spare time helping people and giving money to charity and things like that so i do favours for people, im just a natural giver, putting myself out, yes i have feelings for her, but its decision if i choose to do something.

im not here to dicuss that anyway.

purenuman
07-05-2005, 00:58
:p: i need guidance :p: thanks for your contribution.

A few dark angels don't seem to be backward in coming forward with advice for you ;)
:rofl:

kronas
07-05-2005, 01:01
A few dark angels don't seem to be backward in coming forward with advice for you ;)
:rofl:

ive had way too many lectures about this and im not here for that :rolleyes: offline i get so much stick for being a good guy and the same on here :erm:

Marge
07-05-2005, 01:06
ive had way too many lectures about this and im not here for that :rolleyes: offline i get so much stick for being a good guy and the same on here :erm:

Sweetheart, I'm sure no-one here thinks bad of you, in fact we're probably over protective if anything but I'm sure you can appreciate this is a situation that many people will have found themselves in and are just trying to help you see the wood for the trees.

If you are determined to buy it then, at the end of the day, thats up to you but please think about it carefully.

danielf
07-05-2005, 01:07
the engraving is free....

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodmini/

MB i spend most of my spare time helping people and giving money to charity and things like that so i do favours for people, im just a natural giver, putting myself out, yes i have feelings for her, but its decision if i choose to do something.

im not here to dicuss that anyway.

Ah, thank god you didn't go for the 40 gig version. It would still be an embarassing present for most people. Unless you want to create a monster like Smicer's ex-girlfriend...

Chris W
07-05-2005, 01:08
Ok, so considering just the engraving now....

Why are you buying the ipod? if it is for a particular occasion then obviously that should be taken into consideration. If it is just a general gift then what sort of thing are you looking for? Along the lines of "thanks for being a good friend" or "just because you wanted one" .....

Without knowing you or the girl involved it is difficult to make any recommendations for what to say...

have you considered my suggestion of the song lyrics?

purenuman
07-05-2005, 01:08
Know my reason
Know my name

kronas
07-05-2005, 01:11
Sweetheart, I'm sure no-one here thinks bad of you, in fact we're probably over protective if anything but I'm sure you can appreciate this is a situation that many people will have found themselves in and are just trying to help you see the wood for the trees.

thanks, i do know where you guys/gals are coming from, my past history is even grabbing my conscience too....but its the final thing im going to do then whatever happens i will restrain with force.

If you are determined to buy it then, at the end of the day, thats up to you but please think about it carefully.

ive done so for a few weeks.

its something im really wishing to do.

Ah, thank god you didn't go for the 40 gig version. It would still be an embarassing present for most people. Unless you want to create a monster like Smicer's ex-girlfriend...

lol....im not that rich....

MB yes just being mates, i have looked at the lyrics of some songs and nothing really fits with what i want to say and would make sense either.

just casual freinds thats all.

Know my reason
Know my name

know my reason

i love you ?

....sorry i cant help it :p:

danielf
07-05-2005, 01:14
<snip>
just casual freinds thats all.
<snip

Casual friends rarely buy each other engraved ipods you know?

kronas
07-05-2005, 01:20
Casual friends rarely buy each other engraved ipods you know?

im not looking for these posts.......

im not discussing this any further

if someone wants to post ideas then please do so.

Raistlin
07-05-2005, 01:24

Sorry kronas old boy but that sounded like an invitation for other comments to me.....

I can't offer any constructive advice on two liners because I honestly believe, especially after having read some of your blog entries, that this is a bad idea.....

If I was to set that aside for a second and try to come up with a two liner for you it would probably be:

Not to partake thy passion
my humility

or perhaps

You smiled, you spoke,
And I believed

or, if you want

The heart asks pleasure first,
And then, excuse from pain

one more.....

Beautiful dreamer,
Wake unto me

Oh, go on then, just one more after all.....

It's such a little thing to weep,
So short a thing to sigh.

Hopefully you'll find these suggestions more helpful than my original comments, for what it's worth I hope this works out ok for you.

danielf
07-05-2005, 01:26
im not looking for these posts.......

im not discussing this any further

if someone wants to post ideas then please do so.

Sorry boss :(

However, if you start the thread with:im an absolute raving lunatic but im buying an Ipod for the person on the left of this post.....yes im bonkers for doing it but alas i want to so i have learned to follow my heart even if it bleeds

You're bound to get some reactions to it. Anyway, I'm off to bed, so I won't bother you :)

Edit: it's I'm (not im) btw... :angel:

kronas
07-05-2005, 01:30
Sorry boss :(

However, if you start the thread with:

You're bound to get some reactions to it. Anyway, I'm off to bed, so I won't bother you :)

Edit: it's I'm (not im) btw... :angel:

yes i know about the punctuation, i dont use it much surely after all these posts people would notice :erm: ;)

i can see why the reactions are there and i believe everyone has a point but the decision has been made by myself to go ahead after alot of consideration.

how about:

you shine so brightly!

for that i love you!

Raistlin
07-05-2005, 01:35
Too obvious.....

I take it none of mine were any good then?

The Walter Savage Landor one is my favourite.....

kronas
07-05-2005, 01:35
Too obvious.....

I take it none of mine were any good then?

i liked a few of them... the problem is i think she would look at them with a blank expression as to what they mean...

danielf
07-05-2005, 01:38
yes i know about the punctuation, i dont use it much surely after all these posts people would notice :erm: ;)

i can see why the reactions are there and i believe everyone has a point but the decision has been made by myself to go ahead after alot of consideration.

how about:

you shine so brightly!

for that i love you!

That's nice :) But whatever you decide on, please make sure spelling and punctuation are correct? :) :angel:

Raistlin
07-05-2005, 01:43
i liked a few of them... the problem is i think she would look at them with a blank expression as to what they mean...

Fine, then you print out a copy of the full poem (on nice paper of course) and place it inside a nice card and give her both the card and the iPod.....

That way the iPod becomes something more personal to the two of you, other people looking at it won't know the full poem and therefore will be unaware of the sentiment.

She will know the full poem and will be reminded of it (and the true meaning that it conveys) every time she looks at the iPod.

Just a little bit more subtle that way, and it conveys a lot deeper meaning than you could ever hope to encompass in two obvious lines.

Marge
07-05-2005, 01:44
Side by side or miles apart,
good friends are always
close to the heart.

or maybe just plain and simple

To: XXXXX
From your true friend Kronas

Raistlin
07-05-2005, 01:44
What's her name Kronas?

Halcyon
07-05-2005, 01:56
Wow, I wish I was as ritch as you to be able to throw money out of the window.
I think Monkeybreath summed it up pretty well........spending so much on such a thing will make her embaressed especially as its not even her birthday.
You will mostly find yourself getting the present given back to you as she wont accept it.
Its either that or she is dropping loads of little hints to string you along and buy her presents and is making a fool out of you.

I was really hoping to go out with a girl once and eventually after one time too many when my heart was crushed, I knew it was poinltess to continue.
I dont want to sound bad and ruin your ideas as I too remember thinking that things can get better or believing the "she may change her mind if she gets to know me more" approach.
You will just get hurt more.

Still, at the end of the day it is you decision and I wish you best of luck in whatever you decide.

As for what to write... I'd say nothing at all. A lot of things like that sound corny, artificial, and well, pointless.
Its a subjective thing and she may not like those words. Play it safe and dont engrave anything.

kronas
07-05-2005, 02:30
What's her name Kronas?

im not willing to say.

Side by side or miles apart,
good friends are always
close to the heart.

or maybe just plain and simple

To: XXXXX
From your true friend Kronas

thanks for those

Fine, then you print out a copy of the full poem (on nice paper of course) and place it inside a nice card and give her both the card and the iPod.....

That way the iPod becomes something more personal to the two of you, other people looking at it won't know the full poem and therefore will be unaware of the sentiment.

She will know the full poem and will be reminded of it (and the true meaning that it conveys) every time she looks at the iPod.

Just a little bit more subtle that way, and it conveys a lot deeper meaning than you could ever hope to encompass in two obvious lines.

thanks for that :)

That's nice :) But whatever you decide on, please make sure spelling and punctuation are correct? :) :angel:

yes ok i will do i have realised that.

halcyon:

nobody is dropping any hints about wanting things, lets just say this not the first thing she has ever recieved from me and has wished to return previous items..... i have to reiterate there is absolutely no chance there will ever be anything between me and her happening, that has been made clear to me by some of the replies i have recieved from her and her overall language.

it does not stop me from living my dream out, that was to show my appreciation to someone who is close to me and i love the most, not just in freindships terms but more.

as i said it wont change anything and i never expect things to change either because of my actions.

you see i have never had the chance to do all of the things i have done for her in the time i have known her for anyone else.

im much more of a giver rather than taker so it makes sense in my approach in that type of interpretation, people like her dont come around often (never have until now) for me so i just want to do something that i have never and will proberbly never be able to do again.

i know im sad but its the way my life has shaped up.

carlingman
07-05-2005, 03:48
im an absolute raving lunatic but im buying an Ipod for the person on the left of this post.....yes im bonkers for doing it but alas i want to so i have learned to follow my heart even if it bleeds :erm:

Agreed and your heart may well bleed. ;)

as the apple site has laser engraving on it for free and two lines with a 23 character minimum for each... im having a small problem attributing a valid two liner thats not looking posessive, intimate or salacious, or even hinting at the sheer unrequanted love i have.....enough of that.....you get the picture....

so heres a few i have chosen...

line one: pretty in pink

line two not as pretty as you

the rest i cant post because well....its too much intimacy involved...the person is a freind but means more to me.

Well as you asked for suggestions.

Here you go then

Here is an I pod for when go walking
Remember my names Kronas as I will be stalking.

:D

Remember this is not the first thread on here you have posted about having an attraction to other women.

See here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=20972&page=1&highlight=confessions) and here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=12297) for others.

In this thread like the others you seem to choose the option to ignore the advice given by many.

You also refuse to name a name but your prepared to give her rough location out and post a pic of her as your avatar.

Sorry to sound harsh mate but you refused all the previous advice given in both the above threads I quoted so what makes it different now.

Have you ever considered what would happen if she actually stumbled across this forum and seen your avatar.

Again on the harsh side but three words spring to mind †“ life get a.

:angel:

Paul
07-05-2005, 03:53
If you are really determined to make a fool of yourself and spend £130 on this girl, despite the good advice of everyone, then at least don't compond the error further with some daft inscription. Just leave it blank.

Nikko
07-05-2005, 04:36
I give to you 130 quid
So shag me. I'll be glad I did

I hope you find this Ipod interestin
I suppose a blow job's out the question?

purenuman
07-05-2005, 08:19
How about:-

I only ask for a few words

and was patronised......

[I can't help thinking any well meant friendly helpful advice is best administered via PM]

Damien
07-05-2005, 10:44

ohhhhh, thats a good one! Use that :disturbd:

My advice (ducks) is that you get one, but dont engrave it. Then it will be easier to give it to her casually with may reduce the awkwardness

MadGamer
07-05-2005, 11:16

ohhhhh, thats a good one! Use that :disturbd:

My advice (ducks) is that you get one, but dont engrave it. Then it will be easier to give it to her casually with may reduce the awkwardness

Or how about just getting her name engraved on it?

Damien
07-05-2005, 11:22
Couldnt you get one, non-engraved, and then say you got it by accident and you dont want it so she can have it? That reduces the awkwardness for her and for you

kronas
07-05-2005, 13:57
Couldnt you get one, non-engraved, and then say you got it by accident and you dont want it so she can have it? That reduces the awkwardness for her and for you

good idea ill think about that.

Here is an I pod for when go walking
Remember my names Kronas as I will be stalking.

:D

yes its hilarious :rolleyes:

Remember this is not the first thread on here you have posted about having an attraction to other women.

See here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=20972&page=1&highlight=confessions) and here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=12297) for others.

first thread was her, and also the second thread is not even about anyone really.. :erm:

In this thread like the others you seem to choose the option to ignore the advice given by many.

no i have not ignored if you read my posts i know exactly what i am doing and if your did really read my posts i infact did state i still wish to go ahead.

Sorry to sound harsh mate but you refused all the previous advice given in both the above threads I quoted so what makes it different now.

did i ask for advice in here ? no but i did ask for suggestions as to what i can put on the thing.

Have you ever considered what would happen if she actually stumbled across this forum and seen your avatar.

she knows and does not mind.

Again on the harsh side but three words spring to mind †“ life get a.

:angel:

charming!

Bifta
07-05-2005, 14:44
Look at Daddy Warbucks there trying to buy the girls affections, most amusing thread ever! :D

Raistlin
07-05-2005, 14:46
Look at Daddy Warbucks there trying to buy the girls affections, most amusing thread ever! :D

:nono: Bit rude that.....

Bifta
07-05-2005, 14:50
:nono: Bit rude that.....

How so, do you honestly think he's doing it for the reasons he's stated? pfffft to you Mr. Gullible.

Raistlin
07-05-2005, 14:52
I think he's doing it for what he believes are the right reasons.

Whether you or I think they are the right reasons is another matter, in fact whether she thinks he's done it for the right reason is the biggest thing here - and something neither of us knows her well enough to comment on.

budwieser
07-05-2005, 15:28
I give to you 130 quid
So shag me. I'll be glad I did

I hope you find this Ipod interestin
I suppose a blow job's out the question? Lol!!!:D :D :D :D

Macca371
07-05-2005, 15:45
To be honest I find this whole thread ludicrous and hilarious

kronas
07-05-2005, 17:15
To be honest I find this whole thread ludicrous and hilarious

thanks :rolleyes: i see this is in the humour section :rolleyes:

How so, do you honestly think he's doing it for the reasons he's stated? pfffft to you Mr. Gullible.

ahh yes back to the old harrasing self are we ? i have justified my reasons and rastalin if you have read my posts then you know why i have done it.

well i could not be bothered to wait and went out and bought it just need to find a suitable timing now.

Bifta
07-05-2005, 17:19
ahh yes back to the old harrasing self are we ?

Just telling it like it is, if you don't like hearing the truth then i'd suggest you stop advertising on a public forum your more weird and frankly, quite worrying actions.

kronas
07-05-2005, 17:21
Just telling it like it is, if you don't like hearing the truth then i'd suggest you stop advertising on a public forum your more weird and frankly, quite worrying actions.

i didnt advertise anything looked for suggestions look at the title of the thread and there you will find a clue ;)

if being nice is worrying then i think something is definately wrong somewhere.

but i know its not me. :D :p:

Bifta
07-05-2005, 17:25
i didnt advertise anything looked for suggestions look at the title of the thread and there you will find a clue ;)

if being nice is worrying then i think something is definately wrong somewhere.

but i know its not me. :D :p:

Have you even bothered to spare a thought for how embarrased she might be when some weirdo who's decided to use her photo for an avatar hands her an ipod?

paulyoung666
07-05-2005, 17:25
nobody is dropping any hints about wanting things, lets just say this not the first thing she has ever recieved from me and has wished to return previous items..... i have to reiterate there is absolutely no chance there will ever be anything between me and her happening, that has been made clear to me by some of the replies i have recieved from her and her overall language.

then why the hell are you trying to lavish more on her , sorry my mate but you seriously need a wake up call :disturbd:

Russ
07-05-2005, 17:26
Thread closed as requested by the thread starter.