PDA

View Full Version : The best £12 I ever spent....

Raistlin
05-05-2005, 19:25
Just has my car washed/cleaned at the "Hand Car Wash" place on the A14 (Eastbound, opposite Cambridge services).

The guys there have made a bloody good job of it, car is now spotless inside and out.

Not bad for £12, nice one guys :tu:

Took about 10 minutes too.....

Chimaera
05-05-2005, 19:30
Just has my car washed/cleaned at the "Hand Car Wash" place on the A14 (Eastbound, opposite Cambridge services).

The guys there have made a bloody good job of it, car is now spotless inside and out.

Thanks for the heads up - I'll give it a try next time we go to Peterborough - well on the way back! We used to have a garage near us that did the car wash service - but they got firebombed out! :Yikes: Rumour has it that the local Kosovan Mafia took an exception to them taking over their pitch!

Raistlin
05-05-2005, 19:34
Definately worth it, beats spending the same amount of money on the Jet Wash and ending up soaked in the process.

They:

Washed and dried the outside.
Cleaned all the glass, inside and out.
Vacuumed the inside of the cabin, the door pockets, and the boot.
Cleaned the wheels and put tyre shine on them.
AND (most importantly), I got a free smelly thing!!

Chimaera
05-05-2005, 19:37
The trouble is, with those things, I always feel obliged to clean it inside first - well I don't want them thinking I'm a dirty cow in a mucky car, now do I?

Raistlin
05-05-2005, 19:41
:LOL: I bet you clean the carpets before the carpet fitters come as well don't you?

gary_580
05-05-2005, 19:53
Thanks for the heads up - I'll give it a try next time we go to Peterborough - well on the way back!

excuse me but Peterborough isnt dirty ;)

Chimaera
05-05-2005, 19:59
:LOL: I bet you clean the carpets before the carpet fitters come as well don't you?
Yeah - sort of - I could never have a cleaner as I'd spend all my time doing it all before she got here! :LOL:
gary - it depends which bit of Peterborough you go to as to the cleanliness!

Theodoric
05-05-2005, 19:59
There's a bunch at the Sainsbury's car park at Locks Bottom, Bromley that will give your car an external wash for a fiver. They've been there quite a while and I'd guess that they're immigrants as, from the little I've overheard, they're speaking some sort of Slavonic language amongst themselves.

Halcyon
05-05-2005, 23:21
Weve got one near us that charges rates of £50+ for a full clean.
Who on earth would spend that amount to clean a car !!!

Nidge
06-05-2005, 08:20

I use one near me to clean my Taxi they do a great job all for £15 it takes about half an hour, I just go in the cafe up the road for some fodder while they do it. They wash the car, polish the dash, clean the windows inside and out, jet wash the rubber mats and tyre slick my tyres. For £15 it's not worth getting my hands wet.

Jon M
06-05-2005, 08:37
Weve got one near us that charges rates of £50+ for a full clean.
Who on earth would spend that amount to clean a car !!!They probably do a steam clean on the interior... a huge difference to running a hoover round the cabin.

I'd pay £50 for a good valet service.

Ramrod
06-05-2005, 08:41
I don't want them thinking I'm a dirty cow in a mucky car, now do I?You have to learn not to care :D

Chimaera
06-05-2005, 09:03
You have to learn not to care :D
Ah - the story of my life and my biggest downfall! :cry: :rofl:
I care too much!!

TigaSefi
06-05-2005, 09:17
There's a bunch at the Sainsbury's car park at Locks Bottom, Bromley that will give your car an external wash for a fiver. They've been there quite a while and I'd guess that they're immigrants as, from the little I've overheard, they're speaking some sort of Slavonic language amongst themselves.

Hmmm that Sainsbury's is near 3 mins away from me :), I know now never to give money to them.

danielf
06-05-2005, 09:39
AND (most importantly), I got a free smelly thing!!

I must resist... :erm: :)

Hmmm that Sainsbury's is near 3 mins away from me :), I know now never to give money to them.

EH? You refuse to give them money just because they're immigrants? Nice bloke you :( :rolleyes:

Theodoric
06-05-2005, 18:50
An inhabitant of Farnborough Park, are we? :)

allieyoung666
06-05-2005, 19:09
we have one in Stockton and it only charges a Fiver and they do a good job. I would certainly recomend them!!

Tuftus
06-05-2005, 19:50

I am sooo tempted to crack a 'hand job' gag...

But I won't

:D