PDA

View Full Version : Evening course assistance

scrotnig
29-04-2005, 13:28
I am interested in doing A level (or similar) law as an eveing course in Manchester starting September.

I have no dea where to start looking. I've tried some of the major local colleges but they only seem to offer A levels to school leavers. :mad:

I don't want to do it as 'distance learning', it needs to be a traditional class absed thing.

ANy suggestions, or websites that might help?

ScaredWebWarrior
29-04-2005, 13:53
I have no dea where to start looking. I've tried some of the major local colleges but they only seem to offer A levels to school leavers.

I know the colleges target their A-level courses at school leavers, but that doesn't mean they're closed to anyone else.

The most obvious suggestion is to phone or visit one of the colleges' admissions department and ask! I'm sure they'll tell you everything you want to know.

(Sorry - didn't read your post properly. Did 'trying' the colleges mean you contacted them?)

Ramrod
29-04-2005, 13:56
I did some A levels years ago at college evening classes and there were plenty of mature students there :confused:
.....I'm sure they'll let you in!

scrotnig
29-04-2005, 14:54
I'm probably too immature to be classed as a 'mature student'.

allieyoung666
29-04-2005, 14:59
Usually local 6th form colleges run evening classes and they are great fun and everybody helps everybody out so you should be fine.

Theodoric
29-04-2005, 19:37
I am interested in doing A level (or similar) law as an eveing course in Manchester starting September.

I have no dea where to start looking. I've tried some of the major local colleges but they only seem to offer A levels to school leavers. :mad:

I don't want to do it as 'distance learning', it needs to be a traditional class absed thing.

Most large councils provide a list of all the local evening classes. The best place to find it should be your local library. (The Internet isn't the only source of information. :))