PDA

View Full Version : CRB checks - identification needed?

zoombini
28-04-2005, 15:13
Helo, does anyone have one of the official CRB check guidence documents handy?

My wife has been asked to fill out one for an enhanced check for her works and it is aksing for all sorts of proof of ID, including a recent bank statement.

I am sure that she need not provide all that is being asked for and she is definately NOT going to be posting off anything with our bank details on.

Thankyou,

Zoombini.

Chris W
28-04-2005, 15:20
http://www.disclosure.gov.uk/docs/pdf/CRB_11_02_2003.pdf

:)

ScaredWebWarrior
28-04-2005, 15:41
My wife has been asked to fill out one for an enhanced check for her works and it is aksing for all sorts of proof of ID, including a recent bank statement.

I am sure that she need not provide all that is being asked for and she is definately NOT going to be posting off anything with our bank details on.

Normally the 'sponsor' organisation - i.e. whoever wants her CRB check - has someone who is responsible for checking the ID and filling that in on their part of the form.

NO documents should be sent with the CRB form, but obviously any details requested will be on the CRB form.

allieyoung666
28-04-2005, 20:14
I am sorry to say, that yes that is what CRB wants or the application will not be processed. They need all sorts of proof, like I have to have ENB number and photos. And I hope she is not paying for it as it costs £30 and I have had to pay this 3 times in 4 months as it is a nontransferable document. Her employer sends off the form. But wont her employer want your bank details anyway?

zoombini
28-04-2005, 21:32
Her employer already has her bank details & pays her wage in, but I am not happy about sending them through the post in case it gets mislaid.

NO documents should be sent with the CRB form, but obviously any details requested will be on the CRB form.

Yes thanks to MB's link that is true for the CRB, but this first has to go to the company that is requesting it & they need to see the info.
I suppose that this is going to have to be a phone call & an argument, she should be able to show her ID to her employer instead of sending it in an unsecure post.

Shaun
28-04-2005, 21:48
I sent mine off earlier this week and they wanted three items from two different groups. In the first was things like your passport, driving license, ORIGINAL birth certificate. In the second was things like P45/60, Credit Card statement, Bank Statement, Council Tax Bill.

I sent my Passport, CC statement and bank statement and sent it special delivery with £1000 consequential loss.

With out the right ID it'll not be processed, if you use special delivery you should be fine. My ID was returned today, just got to wait 3 to 8 weeks for the disclosure now!

zoombini
28-04-2005, 21:50
When I did mine for the local church I had to show them to the sidesman that was sorting them out.

Russ
28-04-2005, 21:52
I've got a CRB from my day employer and all I was asked for was my birth certificate :shrug:

Xaccers
28-04-2005, 22:47
Just remember, your bank details are sent through the post anyway each month :)

Nidge
29-04-2005, 09:00
Helo, does anyone have one of the official CRB check guidence documents handy?

Thankyou,

Zoombini.

I had mine last year I needed to take in my passport, birth ciertificate, a utility bill and driving licence.

Just remember, your bank details are sent through the post anyway each month :)

The bank account section on the CRB form is an optional one now.