PDA

View Full Version : New PC Registration

canarytops
23-04-2005, 08:43
Hi everyone, feel sure there must be info out there but my searches have found nothing.

Can anyone point me at an idiots guide to registering my new PC with NTL.

I have a Samsung STB and currently connect to a Win98 PC via USB. The new PC is XP Pro and I would expect to connect via ethernet (based on advice within this forum).
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/images/icons/icon5.gif

NitroNutter
23-04-2005, 09:42
umm register a PC for NTL BB ??
When I was with NTL BB for a couple of years with several computer builds all I ever registered was the modem in the beginning as they need to activate the system based on the modems mac address

daz300
23-04-2005, 09:49
all you need to do is ring cs , they will help you out (maybe)

bayonet
23-04-2005, 11:01
Hi canarytops

With a new PC it has to be provisioned or added so it shows up on our systems. When you connect check if you have an ethernet card on your machine and forget the USB adapter you've been using on WIN 98 (it'll still work but ethernet is better) When you've connected open Internet Explorer and you type in the address bar start.ntl and click go.

This should bring up the STB provisioning page, press the start button and enter your PID and password. It will then show the old PC and ask you to add the new one, you need to give the new PC a name like Home or MYPC. Click the continue button when you've done that.

If it hangs at this point don't worry leave the PC on and just reboot the STB. After rebooting the STB try going to a different page e.g.bbc or nthellworld both fine websites. Sorry it's a bit long winded but doing this every day with customers I know it works

Halcyon
23-04-2005, 11:04
Just turn off your Set top box and leave it for a couple of minutes before then rebooting it with your new ethernet connection plugged in.
You should then open a web browser and type any address. This should re-direct you to where you can register your PC for use with that set top box.
If it doesnt take you there automatically, try typing start.ntl and follow the onscreen instructions.

canarytops
23-04-2005, 11:17
Thanks guys, for some reason I had expected it to be more complicated.http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/images/icons/icon11.gif

Halcyon
23-04-2005, 11:25
Good luck. If you have any more problems just let us know.

Welcome to the forums by the way :)